Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

torsion twist/shackle lift and trimming how to

Lono Thanks. I will definitely stay below 2 inches. I still have to order my warrior shackles. Another Trac Brother said he went with the autozone shackles and got 2 inches from them and he has done some mudding and they are holding up fine. Will see I guess. Thanks again.
  2. R

Idea For... Roof Rack/Homemade Roof Basket

Looks Good. Looks good Brian. I cant wait to see what it looks like when you get it on the truck. Post some pictures. Good job.:thumbsup:
  3. R

Violent Shake when pulling away from a stop.

Hey Friend Do you have a Limited Slip rear end?? My 04 Trac was Shuddering like that as I would take off, even more so if I was turning and taking off like from a lite. Could not figure it out till I talked to a drivetrain guy from Ford. Being that my truck is older and has higher mileage my...
  4. R

Help... Are these the right shackles that i need???

Thanks. I might have to go that route. I have tried finding the Warrior #153 Shackles and cannot seem to find them. I have tried J.C Whitney, Desert Rat, Amazon.com. I can find other ones, but not the ones that I need. I just might have to go the cheaper route. So if anyone knows where I can...
  5. R

I have a 04 Sport Trac and we do use Shackles in the rear....
  6. R

The sites that I checked out was J.C. Whitney, and the other was Desert Rat website. They showed up when I punched in Warrior Shackles #153? They dont look nothing like the pictures of the ones guys have used in the threads on installing them...
  7. R

Thanks Thanks for the replies. I cant make my own so I have to order them. Also second poster, thanks, I hope a Mod will move it. I am still not use to the set up and where exactly to post. But thanks again.:thumbsup:
  8. R

Anyone??? Can anyone that has done the T.T. and used the Warrior Shackles on the rear tell me if the ones that I mentioned in the post is the correct ones that will give me up to 2 inches in the rear....Thanks..
  9. R

I am going to do the T.T and add the Warrior Shackles#153. I am looking at them and they say 1.25 inches lift.... Are these the ones everyone is using. I am on Desert Rat website where they are listed for 75.00. J.C whitney has them for 76 and it says rear 1 inch. Neither of these looks like the...
  10. R

Mother's Back to Black/A Little Headlight Restoration/Roof Rack Fairing Ideas (Pics).

Tires I have Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's on mine. 265/75/16. I only get a touch of rub on a hard left turn, other than that no rub. These tires will go thru anything. I have 27,000 on mine and still have 3/4 or more of the tread left. Awesome tires that look good and perform even...
  11. R

Wood Color I think you should stick with the darker wood as well. I think the lighter wood would stick out like a sore thumb.. Good luck with that. Will do Kazer. AS Soon as I get some good pics of a existing one then I can start, but I will surely let you know.
  12. R

torsion twist/shackle lift and trimming how to

Hey Clusterpup I have a 04 4x4 Sport Trac and want to do the TT and Shackles on mine. How much crank did you get on the TT? 1 3/4? How is everything holding up, did it tear up anything?
  13. R

Roof Basket. I would like to see some pics when you are done. I am going to try and make my own but out of metal. I dont know exactly what I will use yet. Trying to get one of our fellow enthusiasts to send me a couple of pics of theirs so I can figure out how to build it easier. I will post...
  14. R

2003 Sport Trac Stereo Question

NCRanchero Help Could you also send me a copy of the wiring diagram. I have a 04 sport trac. I have the factory am-fm, cassette, cd player. Thanks
  15. R

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

I noticed that this lift is being done to a regular Explorer. Will it work on the Sport Trac, and if so is everything the same?
  16. R

For $55-$75, these things should not be such pieces of...

I am not very kind to mine on my 04 and have not broken one too this date. I actually am very brutal on them.
  17. R

Wheel spacers and thread locker

Hey I have a 04 Trac with 265-75-16 Goodyear Duratracs on it, and have been thinking of using some spacers to get them to stick out a little bit more. Am curious as to what you find out. I get a little bit of rub when turning all the way left, I am just curious as if it will get worse, or maybe...
  18. R

Roaring sound near front passenger area.

Bearings.... I had a similar issue. Mine started sounding as if I had monster truck tires on it. Loud to the point of irritating. It turned out to be the front driver side wheel bearing. But like previous post said, it could be you have a bad tire or two...:(
  19. R

Front suspension clunking noise when going over bumps

Agree I had the same noise and it turned out that it was my bushings in the upper control arms. I replaced the rear upper control arm bushings on each side and problem was gone. It was a bear getting the old ones out, but money is tight so I put up the good fight.:thumbsup:
  20. R

Overdrive Question

Off or On Overdrive should be off if driving up steep hills, such as in the mountains, or if your speed is going to stay below 45 mph.
  21. R

Cruise Control Question

The cruise control on the Explorers have been a problem. Mine has not worked for a year and a half now. Mine will not even engage.. Before mine went out it pulsed like that. Dont know if thats a indication of anything specific though.
  22. R

New BTF Lift and Tires!

Thanks Thanks for the kind words. Yeah I love my Trac. I am trying to get the dimensions for a safari rack, I am going to try and build one. Cant afford to buy one but want one for my truck. Also have been pulling on my chin about lifting it with TT and shackles or putting a 2 inch lift on it...
  23. R

New BTF Lift and Tires!

no pic showing up.
  24. R

New BTF Lift and Tires!

Oh Yeah. My Duratracs are awesome. I have 22,000 on mine and they are wearing great. Getting just a little noise but not much for such a aggressive tire. The only thing they are not great on is ice of course, and wet blacktop. Other than that they are awesome. We just got over a foot of snow...
Back