Help... Are these the right shackles that i need??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help... Are these the right shackles that i need???

Reddawg

Reaction score
City, State
Howell, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
I am going to do the T.T and add the Warrior Shackles#153. I am looking at them and they say 1.25 inches lift.... Are these the ones everyone is using. I am on Desert Rat website where they are listed for 75.00. J.C whitney has them for 76 and it says rear 1 inch. Neither of these looks like the ones my fellow Explorer brothers are using. These do not have the crossbar in the center of the Shackles... Please let me know if these are not correct, where can I get the right ones. THANKS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone???

Can anyone that has done the T.T. and used the Warrior Shackles on the rear tell me if the ones that I mentioned in the post is the correct ones that will give me up to 2 inches in the rear....Thanks..

I made mine so I don't know if they are the ones.

DSCN1807.jpg

I just measure the length of stock ones and added 2.5"

You are probably not getting replies because this is in the wrong section. Maybe a mod will move it.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I cant make my own so I have to order them. Also second poster, thanks, I hope a Mod will move it. I am still not use to the set up and where exactly to post. But thanks again.:thumbsup:

I don't know about the sites you're looking at but a lot of times, websites just use a generic image. That may be the case. As for the amount of lift, I've seen people say a few different amounts of lift. I don't remember what mine was exactly, but it was somewhere near the 1.5" mark.

The sites that I checked out was J.C. Whitney, and the other was Desert Rat website. They showed up when I punched in Warrior Shackles #153? They dont look nothing like the pictures of the ones guys have used in the threads on installing them...

2002 - 2010 explorers do not use shackels.

I have a 04 Sport Trac and we do use Shackles in the rear....

If you dont do any crazy offroading, you can get lift shackles at advance auto, auto zone etc. for about $20.. I've had them on mine for a little over a year now with no problems, and they have seen plenty of mud haha

Thanks.

I might have to go that route. I have tried finding the Warrior #153 Shackles and cannot seem to find them. I have tried J.C Whitney, Desert Rat, Amazon.com. I can find other ones, but not the ones that I need. I just might have to go the cheaper route. So if anyone knows where I can get the Warriors please let a fella know...

The warrior 153 shackle is the correct part to get you up to about 1.5" of lift. They are 3" longer than the explorer stock shackle.

As mentioned, places do use stock photos which for the war-153 looks nothing like the right shackle.

Tellico, desert rat and amazon do have the right shackle even though the pic is wrong.

~Mark

If you dont do any crazy offroading, you can get lift shackles at advance auto, auto zone etc. for about $20.. I've had them on mine for a little over a year now with no problems, and they have seen plenty of mud haha

I also bought mine off the shelf at Pep Boys for around 20 bucks.. had em in for over a year. not a problemwith em at all. and i do a lot of mudding, and i beat the crap out of it all the time.. if they break i will glady go pay another 20 bucks for another set.

You are probably not getting replies because this is in the wrong section. Maybe a mod will move it.

Thread moved to 2001-2005 sport trac forum.

~Mark

I had the WAR-153's on my old Sport Trac. About 1.25" lift but you get more when you put bigger tires on. Then give it about a 1.5" torsion crank in front..

DCP_0052.JPG

I got my Warrior 153's from Amazon. They gave me just a little over 1.5" of lift when they got all settled in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017M6F2W

No image, but I promise, these are the right ones since I have them on my truck.

Stay away from the $20 universal shackles. You can bend those things with your hand. Spend the money for the Warriors, they're beefy as hell.

picture.php

Back