Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4wheeltom

4.0L Ranger operating Temp?

The only T-stat I could find around here was a 198F, that's what everyone's computers recommended as well as the Ford Dealership. Its the same temp as the old one. I was starting to think it was air in the system as well so I rechecked coolant level after it cooled down, It was low so I refilled...
  2. 4wheeltom

4.0L Ranger operating Temp?

Does anyone know what the normal operating temp for a 4.0L Ranger. The Ranger I bought a couple months ago is driving me nuts. It has a mechanical gauge and was reading from 200F-210F. The I did a tune up and fixed a small coolant leak, loose hose clamp on the heater hose, after that it was...
  3. 4wheeltom

Thinking about buying this clutch anyone have any opinion

I love the Center Force in my explorer, mostly because of the pedal feels much stiffer. Just put a Luk clutch and flywheel in the Ranger I just bought, seems to be a great OE replacement, the pedal is a lot softer then I'm used to though. I got mine at Napa, they are Luk products rebranded for...
  4. 4wheeltom

Completed Project Turboexplorer's Full Width SAS Build Thread

Totally forgot you already went through the case. Could your pinion flange be bent, not really sure if that would cause a vibration or not but I'm running out of ideas at this point. And it seems to be the only thing you haven't replaced.
  5. 4wheeltom

Crack open the T-case and check all your bearings and shift forks. Had a oil pump seize up in my old F150 that caused the forks to wear causing a nasty vibration. Fixing something worn out in the case would be cheaper than replacing
  6. 4wheeltom

Extremely loud grinding noise! HELP! $50 reward

Definitely sounds like a pinion bearing, symptoms are exactly the same as when the one in my moms Jeep went out
  7. 4wheeltom

might be a long shot, but if your tranny mount has that much play in it maybe it has something to do with it. Might be exaggerating the normal function of the u-joint
  8. 4wheeltom

Extension housing leak

thank you, that will save me a lot of work I don't want to do yet :salute:
  9. 4wheeltom

Extension housing leak

Can the extension housing on the M5OD be removed with the tranny still in the truck or will it cause issues with the reverse gear components? Mine is leaking very bad and its a pain to add fluid every couple weeks. I don't really want to pull the whole tranny unless I'm doing a clutch and slave...
  10. 4wheeltom

no brake lights need help fast please

Got to love a cheep fix :thumbsup:
  11. 4wheeltom

Exhaust Leak Causing Loss of Power

O2 and a tune up would be a good idea, don't think I would worry to much about the fuel pump, normally when they go bad they stop working completely. However, if you do replace it you know you wont have to worry about it going out for awhile.
  12. 4wheeltom

no brake lights need help fast please

I fixed my left brake light the other day by turning on the hazard switch and wiggling it a bit, kind of blew my mind.
  13. 4wheeltom

If you haven't already checked make sure the pinion nut is still tight. Mine has loosened up before and gave me a really bad vibration.
  14. 4wheeltom

If the O2 is sensing extra oxygen it would think that the engine is running lean causing the computer to richen the mixture which wouldn't cause a power problem but would cause poor fuel mileage. When the O2 is unplugged the computer will go into a default mode that make it run full rich.
  15. 4wheeltom

Gas Pedal Sticks on take offs

also make sure the pedal isn't getting hung up on the carpet or floor mat
  16. 4wheeltom

92 low speed, accelerating squeak

U-joints will squeak when they start going bad
  17. 4wheeltom

Oil Pan Gasket

Also pick up a set of those plastic alignment studs, they screw into the bolt holes and are smooth with a small tab on the that holds the gasket in place. Its like having a second pair of hands. If you have access to a vehicle hoist it will make it easier also
  18. 4wheeltom

If it runs good with the O2 sensor unplugged I would replace it, could could be sending bad signals to the computer and making it run super lean.
  19. 4wheeltom

Oil Pan Gasket

Pull the motor mount nuts and anything that is in the way the pan. Then use a jack and a block of wood on the trans to lift the engine, don't lift it on the tranny pan.Pull the oil pan and let it rest on the cross member. clean the gasket surfaces and the carefully work the gasket around and...
  20. 4wheeltom

Just bought this 1991 explorer for $900 as is!!!

I'm running 4.56 with 35s and it does alright on the street, it is a bit gutless but I do get pretty good fuel mileage. They're not that great off road however, even in 4low they are to high to crawl anything without hitting it with to much speed.
  21. 4wheeltom

Led Cargo light bulb replacement Questions

I work in a RV manufacturing plant, I ordered it from them. They should be easy to get at any RV dealership. This one is from a Jayco, the 2014 and newer use the LED interior lights. If you get a Jayco part the white wire is the ground, so if you hook up black to black it wont work, not sure if...
  22. 4wheeltom

Led Cargo light bulb replacement Questions

RV interior 10 LED (not seven). May not be pretty but works awesome dome light only, LED switched off dome light and LED on My camera doesn't really show how bright it actually is. I'm also trying to get a couple of the round recessed ones to mount in the hatch panel so that I can...
  23. cargo light

cargo light

RV LED on
  24. cargo light

cargo light

LED interior RV light
  25. cargo light

cargo light

RV LED off
Back