Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

clip swap

OK the 99 sold but found a 5speed 97(even better) with a bad engine does this change anything
  2. T

clip swap

not sure about hood yet but dash will be the 2nd gen dash cause in puttn the 1st gen clip on a 2nd gen i get my 97 this week end 2 start 2 compair them and ill let u know what i come up with
  3. T

clip swap

i was thinking cut the spot welds where the inner fenders meet the cab on both trucks then put the 92 inner fenders and rad sup on the 99 cab. would this not work?
  4. T

clip swap

so what do i have 2 do 2 put the front clip on? just the rad support or read and inner fender supports?
  5. T

clip swap

im wanting to be able to run the 5r55e with ease and lik ethe interior in the 2nd gen better just need 2 know how to do the front clip swap found out the body will swap no prob
  6. T

clip swap

no one?
  7. T

clip swap

ok i have a 92 explorer that is having trans and wiring issues i found a 99 complete with a bad engine 4 400 buck i wanted 2 swap that body on to my frame since i have a great engine 488s lockers and 9" of lift ? can it be done? also i'm one of the odd balls i guess i like the 1st gen front...
  8. T

frankentrans ?

where can i get this part? and does any body have a 5r55e the wanna donate
  9. T

frankentrans ?

so i need to get the tool from sonnax and the bearing then drill it out heat the new race to 250 and put the case in the frig and press it on. i have acces to a VERY large press not sure on what the ton ration is but its what we wuse in the airforce
  10. T

frankentrans ?

no one knows?:roll:
  11. T

frankentrans ?

some one any one?
  12. T

frankentrans ?

i dont really understand post 39 in the a4ld-5r55e could some one dumb this down for me PLease.
  13. T

a4ld to 55re?

using the ohv harness
  14. T

a4ld to 55re?

was thinking i might be able to use the 55re plate that goes between the valve body and trans and the a4ld valve body on top what kind of aluminum is the trans made of?
  15. T

a4ld to 55re?

ok i know the 55re is electronic controled and all but i am think about doin the sohc swap using the ohv harness and i am wondering if i can bolt the a4ld valve body to the 55re or are they to different to do this?
  16. T

4.0 swap

its just the cali versions that are mass air
  17. T

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

what kind of finder flairs are those
  18. T

Cummins 1998 Ford Ranger

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120&highlight=ranger
  19. T

How To: Modify a 4.0L OHV Throttle Body..

so if i understand this correctly you are milling down the cross shaft to make the butterfly sit flush?
  20. T

How To: Modify a 4.0L OHV Throttle Body..

i dont understnad thi smod can some one inlighten me
Back