Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

X~Factor's Page

Wonder how the truck is now..I always looked up to this truck when I had my explorer for ideas...makes me want to get mine back as well
  2. J

cheap upgrades/performance mods!

Wow Its been so many years since I've replied to this thread...kept getting notifications on people responding through my email lol
  3. J

Couple pics of my lowered 2wd sport

Well my exhaust is fine. I have no tail pipe. It goes from cats to a y pipe to the muffler and then it's just dumped. I removed it since the guy that welded my muffler just added the stock 2.25" pipe to my 2.5" inlet/outlet muffler and well that just pretty much bottle necked it
  4. J

I don't remember exactly how much space I have on the back nor front, but the front I've never had a problem besides rubbing my inner fender cover on the drivers side. If I can haul people around with those shocks, then damn, I'll purchase those at the same time I purchase the camber bolts
  5. J

So with my 3 inch rear drop, the shocks will lift it an inch? I just remembered I wasn't able to remove the rear left bump stop due to so much lines being in the way...maybe that's why it bottoms out frequently. I'll remove it today and see if it bottoms out as much
  6. J

Please Read:Airbagit.com Drop Keys

Ok so question is, are they worth it or will the drop be the equivalence of a key flip???
  7. J

Damn man, I wish I had the skills you have! Sounds like a great plan...well I'll try out the flip and buy some new cam bolts next weekend hopefully and see how much of a drop I can get..any issues with the 10 in wide wheels you have?l
  8. J

Dang, lucky..I really want to c notch my truck but I can't since it's my daily and my days off from work are apart..and my other truck is down due to intercooler leak :(
  9. J

I really wanted to lower the front more since it's a bit higher than the rear by doing the flip but it does sound sketchy...unfortunately I didn't bother at least writing down the stock height from the front to see what drop I got with the bolts removed lol
  10. J

POh ok I see, thanks..do you bottom out the rear with the mono leaf? I was looking at some drop leaf springs, also from aim(?), for 200 on eBay..they claim stock ride quality and a 3 in drop, but I don't know if I should try them out just to get rid of the blocks.. How's the turning like with...
  11. J

Did you install those keys on your explorer? And I think I used camber bolts with the same adjustment and they didn't allow my alignment to be good..I'll double check on that later to make sure
  12. J

My journey with my Explorer

I thought long and hard about selling/trading the explorer and getting a Honda for gas reasons (of course lol)..but I couldn't picture myself driving one so..I scrapped the idea of selling it..so afterwards I was thinking of lifting it and putting bigger tires on it, but I just couldn't get rid...
  13. J

Thought I'd post some new pics of the new ride!...well new to me
  14. J

SOHC Automatic to manual conversion swap guide

Well, I can't afford 4 grand for the lightning, so I guess I'll just do a manual trans on the explorer instead lol time to go shopping at jy's! Btw, did you remove the steering column just to remove and reinstall the pedals?!
  15. J

Oh and can I get a part number on the moog camber bolts? The ones I bought didn't allow for much camber adjustment and I now have slight negative camber up front, thanks in advance!
  16. J

Can you post more detailed pics of what exactly was done to the torsion key? And are you running stock height shocks? I've removed the torsion bolts and did a 3" drop blocks for the rear but I want it to be lower lol..I also read in your "build" thread that you installed new leaf springs? I'm...
  17. J

Tighten your caliper bracket bolts!

Well I don't know what state you live in, but I bought mine at NAPA auto parts..and they weren't that expensive neither, I believe they cost me like $7
  18. J

Finally lowered my explorer!

The ones I bought were a bit over 2 degrees plus or minus
  19. J

Unfortunately I have to buy new camber bolts and go again to the alignment shop.. The ingalls camber bolts' camber washer(?) was too big and didn't really allow for too much for adjustment..so my drivers side wheel has enough negative camber to mess with even tire wear. The passenger wheel...
  20. J

Thanks lol I like to call my truck a 5 footer since it looks good from 5 feet away..once your less than 5 feet away, you can see so many imperfections lol Truck is dirty as usual as it just rained yesterday Smh lol Rear wheel gap Front wheel gap
  21. J

Awesome I'll be looking for that
  22. J

I've never gotten an alignment before.. Do I have to ask for the alignment printout or do alignment shops always give you one? I changed the upper control arms and couple of years ago with my dad and I just don't remember how exactly we removed the camber bolt that time...I was so frustrated...
  23. J

I also noticed that my upper ball joints are at an angle with my upper control arms pointing up..won't this cause premature failure to my ball joints? What have you guys done to your upper ball joints and control arms after lowering a significant amount?
  24. J

I got to installing the camber bolts today and remove the torsion bolts..although I took 30 min to do the passenger side, the drivers side took me about 3 hours and I'm not yet finished. I could not install the rear driver side bolt due to all the brake and fuel lines. I ended up cutting off the...
  25. J

Thanks
Back