Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

95 front end help and opinions!

Sorry, you mentioned a seal? What kind of seal? Did you get all this at the dealer? If not, could you provide me with the contact info of your supplier? I ask you this because since I am in Mexico I don't know if I can get all this as you do in the US. Thanks a lot again, Arturo
  2. A

Thanks alot man!!!!!!! You just made my day. The dealer wanted $500 USD per hub assembly!!!!!!!!!! I will desasemble my hubs and look for the bearings alone. Take care and thank again!!!!! Arturo
  3. A

I have a 95 XLT 2WD that is making a loud rubbing noise. It is supposed to be the front bearings. I was told at the Ford dealer that the bearings come as a complete assembly with the hub. Is this right? Does anyone have the OEM part number? Where do I get these cheap on the internet? Thanks...
  4. A

RECALL MADE

Hello there Daniel, I would like to know which site did you enter to register your X. I also have a 95... I just wonder if this recall will be valid in Mexico!!!! Thanks a lot, :bounce:
  5. A

Whiter bulbs for Fog Lights

How about H3 HID style bulbs? They come in 55 W and 110W ranges.. Will these work for you? By the way, they are made by HELLA :bounce:
  6. A

U-build Signal Mirror? Help!

Hi there, yes I did replace them myself, they just fall into place with a ball joint. You only have to make sure that you allign the ball joint(center) and the two electric mirror rails(for up-down and left-right actions). The ball joint is very very tight so you have to push hard. I think...
  7. A

U-build Signal Mirror? Help!

Hi there, well I got my bezels stolen about six months ago, I bought a pair of new ones and saw that the thing is only attached by pressure, you should be able to get it out of there only by pulling it out from one of it's sides. Hope this helps. :bounce:
  8. A

Towing: From the front or from the rear?

Buy a winch, I just got the new WARN 9.5TI and it is awesome!!!! You can pull whatever you want and it is very fast!!!!!
  9. A

Towing: From the front or from the rear?

I would say it is the same thing, no damage at all to the truck if you pull using your front end. I know that on reverse you have more torque than on 1st gear. That would be a plus for pulling backwards. And as you mentioned, that way you can see what is going on. It is funny, Every time...
  10. A

Do aftermarket shocks REALLY make a diffence??

Hi everyone, I noticed that when I lifted my 95 X with the Torsion Bar. My new Bilsteins lost completely the negative travel. What I did was to replace the forn Bilstein shocks for the ones that fit the Grand Cherokee 95 since they are larger than the X ones. And they work great for on or...
  11. A

Do aftermarket shocks REALLY make a diffence??

Try Bilstein, they are the best you can get!!!
  12. A

Safety concerning Removal of sway bars

What is that mini shock for though? :bounce:
  13. A

Swapping out stock Fog Lights

Why not putting two sets of lamps in your truck!!!!!!!!! Use the PIAAs with the PIAA relay and cables and use the stock ford fog lamp connection to plug in a pair of nice looking lamps, like HELLA micro DE or something like that. Anyway, just a thought, I just think the more lights you...
  14. A

factory HU...but 7 in LCD

first of all, do you already have a cd changer. If your answer is yes. Is it a universal cd changer? If yes, you already have an fm modulator. You can use that one to transmit the sound from your cd changer and your lcd/video console to the speakers in the truck. You will only need an RCA...
  15. A

What do you call your X?

I call it troka, derivated form truck in english. I call her SNAGGEL TRUCK!!!!!!!!! :bounce:
  16. A

Swapping out stock Fog Lights

If you are running 55W on the PIAAs then you should be fine with the factory harness. I have already used the factory harness to power a pair of Hellas. It has been almost six months and they run very well. Remember, only if you are running 55W bulbs !!!!! Hope this helps, :bounce:
  17. A

Replaced EGR valve. Check engine light still on!?

At last!!!!!!!!!!!! The CEL was off all day long!!!!!!!! Thanks to Dave and you all guys!!!!!! This is the greatest website!!!!! :bounce:
  18. A

I dosconnected my battery, I will wait until tomorow to install the sensor since my engine is still very hot and there is no light to work with. But seems like we will see how it worked tomorrow. Good night guys, :bounce:
  19. A

new to site ...... just saying hey !!!

Welcome!!! :bounce:
  20. A

Thanks a lot guys, I will be picking up my new sensor tomorrow morning. I am very excited about getting rid of the Check Engine light at last!!!!! :bounce:
  21. A

I finally found the DPFE sensor, it will cost 90 dollars but they do have it in stock!!!! Now I have another problem. With the alllignment, they performed a suspension checkup. When lifted , my front wheels would move up and down like with half an inch of travel. Not too much but it is...
  22. A

The term black plastic thing is very accurate, I've heard people form NASA talking about "black plastic things in their rockets!!!!!!!!! LOL :talking: I've been checking up with the ford dealers down here in Mexico City and they don't have the sensor in stock. I wonder if anyone would like...
  23. A

Camber Adjustment Kit???

where can I get this kit? :bounce:
  24. A

eterhaar, I think I will go for the sensor also. I'll see if they have it down here though. They never have anything in stock. I will be waiting for your results with that new sensor. Thanks a lot. :bounce:
  25. A

Can't see your picture Dave. :bounce:
Back