Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

92 explorer full width 8.8 and d44TTB

...its simple. if you have to cut down the axle shafts at neutral phase alignment of the shafts...its not full width, its narrower. if you have to add to shaft lengths, its not full width...its wider. if stock shafts pop in and function as designed...its full width. what you...
  2. B

Ruined Spindle Washer-- any ideas? (pic)

i am with ya, but i see way too many nipples get busted when the threads get a little pulled and the lockring tang gets chewed and it wedges up instead of stopping... i learned proper bearing setup in the 70's when i was a little guy...just like my boy does now. proper packing and setup are...
  3. B

well in that case your not full width to a t. your close to 2 inches short of it. the 150 has pivot points close to 2 inches closer together over a rbv....put the pivots in the right spot and stock shafts work fine, but unless your lifted you have problems at the rail for max travel...i...
  4. B

i am lost a bit i guess. your saying you used stock rbv lift brackets with the holes in the normal d35 location...no mods just bolted on?? the ranger has a different spacing on the pivots then a 150. i am reading this your wms with stock rbv pivot hole locations is the same as it was...
  5. B

Need FI info

you want a v8 explorer setup. and a fox body oil pan.
  6. B

GMC Acadia Denali VS Ford Explorer Limited

0 actually, looks like they are banking on it being worth more...thus the lower buy in initially. at the end of the day if sales are equal, ford wins with more cash in hand. used resale not what the oem makes their cake on....new sale and lease otoh.... good...
  7. B

you cut and welded the shaft to make it narrower???? damn!:eek::eek: i would rather stay full width and at least 2 in drop in pivots. i have some brackets from the first run joel built about ten years ago that can be used to run the beams with no mods to the shafts. to...
  8. B

Fleet Explorer? in 2000? no PATs?

i like moates setup, but too much to learn for most. ever try these guys?....http://www.gopowerhungry.com/_custom_live.shtml those ****heads at the dealer would not flash you a fleet tune? pricks.:mad:
  9. B

Ruined Spindle Washer-- any ideas? (pic)

yup....:thumbsup: that washer is soft and semi self lubricating as it also can take thrust loads, especially when the inner spindles are shot. if it were any harder it would #### up the spindle and threads. this is good, but once a few passes and torques have been made its best...
  10. B

carburated motor swap?

yeah, not much to say. i would run a aod though.....total bolt in.:thumbsup: i would replace the pump with a low pressure unit from a gen one model, maybe hook it to a relay through a oil pressure switch. depending what setup you end up with you may have to mod the stock sender unit to...
  11. B

2010 4.6L V8 fuel economy drop

i agree its well within cold weather variance. i put a capt caveman diesel in my big ranger...for mpg its better then a gasser but its a bit slow with no turbo...the cold weather variance can be 6 us mpg with mine on the same route. i think the tranny fluid stays too cold sometimes...
  12. B

4.0L to 5.4L 4v Navigator swap.

seen these in rangers and b2's....i think it will fit good.
  13. B

TTB Steering Mod - build thread

i see that i am not the only one that busts sectors...its the reason i dont mind full hydro.... and its the main concern with this setup. weight. i wonder if you could have built a nice swingset for what you have here. hard to believe you dont get more steering deflection from...
  14. B

Last month of production for the ol' ranger....

so no real explorer.....no real ranger life goes on. sooner or later there will be some cool stuff...
  15. B

potential diesel swap

so its been a few years..... whats on the menu??:rangerred:
  16. B

Running on CNG?

i actually drill oil and gas wells, and been trying to get the producers and utilities to invest in cost friendly compressors for home use. pretty tough situation for that:( and its wes by-gawd virgin-yuh son.....:D they make fun of us detroit boys down thar...:p: watch out for the...
  17. B

TTB or SAS?

with custom work 8 in is doable for it to take some mild abuse..... just depends on goals really. if you are not going to abuse it off road , an 8 in shelf kit with some superrunner type steering upgrades are ok imo.. if you want to beat on it, a 4 in is a bit better. preferably a...
  18. B

What's it worth?, Mechanics Special

those are the vehicles usually left at my doorstep:(
  19. B

Diesel Conversion anyone?

anybody do any swaps yet?
  20. B

potential diesel swap

i like the gm diesel. but your not really gaining mpg there, but fuel options. best bet is to bootleg a diesel powertrain from mexico or south of there i you want a modern 4 cyl. the benz engines are nice too.
  21. B

actually i moved away last spring. i am sure you know my rig though:roll: some pics here. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35931 not sure if that link will work, i am working out of state but my older kids moved back to detroit and i am in the area often...lost my...
  22. B

Limited Slip Diff + Rain = Street Rollover

hot rod mama?....... my wife had hard moments in the psd when it rained. at least she is ok.
  23. B

a stock 12 valve non ic cummins isnt gonna tear up a rbv frame that is in good condition in a 2wd application. my frame on the otherhand would not qualify for such. in a 4x4 if properly caged, i dont see it being to big a threat depending on terrain/tire size. my 6.5 is na still and is...
Back