Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

CHIEF Is Almost a 302!!!!!! 91 XLT SAS In the process of 302 and T-5 Swap!!

I planned on building a windshield washer box and installing it somewhere, but haven't done that yet. I have a coolant overflow container mounted on the left next to the air filter... As far as the suspension goes, I'm not sure about that because my truck was already lifted when I did the swap...
  2. C

If you are using a carbed set up, then you should be fine... Especially since that is already coming out of a ranger which has the same engine bay size.... Typically, the big clearance issue is the 5.0 efi intake clearing the A/C Box and the headers clearing the Steering shaft. I have a 3" body...
  3. C

ahhh.... yep sounds like it. How have you been ?? Are you still doing some wiring?
  4. C

No Problem and good luck. Need any more advice, just ask!
  5. C

The only wiring that should be involved with the tranny itself is a nuetral safety switch and a reverse light sender... An automatic has both, well it has a "park" sensor instead of a neutral start switch... So the wiring circuits are there... The only thing a little different may be the plug...
  6. C

Yes, probably... I sent him a p.m. to try and get him in on this. So is the M5r2 electronic? a T-5 isn't. All there is electronic for it is a neutral safety switch and a reverse light. If the M5r2 is somehow electronic then it will need a computer to run it. I don't know anything about that...
  7. C

Im wondering what the differences might be on that tcase as far as engagement and disengagement of the 4x4... There is a motor in the back of the explorer...I wonder if it is the same in the other truck. Do you already know what year make and model your going to get it out of?
  8. C

Ummm, I'm not familiar with that set up. Maybe Brett can chime in here about that. I would imagine the wiring/plug on the t-case is going to be different. So, I would think that the plug end would have to be changed and the pin outs made correct on it to make it work.... Shouldn't be to big of a...
  9. C

A lot of the little things are going to be easy for you.. Like make sure to get the pedal assembly and plastics around the steering column for your 5 speed swap out of the donor vehicle... Shifter and boot as well
  10. C

A lot of the little things are going to be easy for you.. Like make sure to get the pedal assembly and plastics around the steering column for your 5 speed swap out of the donor vehicle... Shifter and boot as well
  11. C

I would probably just sell that Tranny and get a 4wd tranny and transfer case of your choice and stick it in there... Modifying a shifter is easy and you'll most likely have to have both driveshafts lengthened/shortened anyway, which is not that big of a deal.... Then your good to go...
  12. C

Absolutely, without a doubt.... Being that I'm not in California dealing with their smog referees, I would make some changes though. Matter of fact, I'm looking for a stock donor vehicle right now to do a fresh swap off of my truck and a clean 4 link install with my Dana 44 and Dana 60 I have...
  13. C

Found it... Post # 87 is BRETT. He is a moderator of the forum and the one that did my wiring. If you can do it, I would contact him.... Another thing I thought about is, if you decide to go the advance adapter route.... The T5 had to be a "world class" tranny... The adapter comes with a jeep...
  14. C

Yes, i got everything out of a mustang. Then I got an "advance adapter" to convert the T-5 to 4x4 and mate it up to my stock T-case... The adapter was expensive though. $840 plus tax if I remember correctly. It's nice still having the push button's on the dash for 4x4... There are two different...
  15. C

Lol... Um like a year.... I didn't have all the parts or money when I started it... Plus I went months without touching it when I would get busy. If i had to do it all over again, knowing what I know now and getting everything prepared beforehand .. Money not an issue, I could swap it in a week...
  16. C

There is something wrong with it right now actually ...lol. I haven't got a chance to check it out yet because I have been busy, but I have a locker and I am only getting 3 wheel drive. The other time this happened the passenger side axle was broke. Good news is I think it was only like 75 or a...
  17. C

Yes, the plan was always a 347 Stroker and probably 12psi... But now that I'm in Texas and don't have to deal with california emissions i might just drop a 351 in there and then stroke that ;)
  18. C

stock longblock and only 5psi I am seeing 287 hp and 338 lb ft of tq to the wheels... this was an 85hp and 77ft.lb of tq increase from stock....not bad from 5 psi
  19. C

There is one if me climbing hills somewhere, ill try to find it, but there is a video of the engine and idling on you tube... Search for kenne bell 91 explorer.... It should pop right up.... The name is Timothy Howard. The pic will be of the engine compartment....
  20. C

Oooh, yea there is somewhere.... I'll try to dig one up Fer ya
  21. C

Sorry,I just saw your message...As far as Leaf or coil over goes thats probably an easy one...

Sorry,I just saw your message...As far as Leaf or coil over goes thats probably an easy one... Pros to coil overs are more adjustablity, and in "general" better articulation. The cons 1) LOT harder to set up 2)Much more fabrication,more mounts and Link bars etc, etc,. 3)The biggest drawback its...
  22. C

The shifter hole is already there.... just look under the carpet and there is a plate bolted down covering up the hole...
  23. C

THANKS! Yeah I havent been working on the X in a long time, but its funny because I JUST cut rings out of mdf for my speakers last night...lol. So for now I am back on the fiberglass project. Lets see if I can actually get something done... Ill post pics! Good Luck with that project it sounds...
  24. C

91 XLT Solid Axle Swap

Heres some pics... Keep in mind they are 37" tires
Back