Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Crushed Exhaust at Catalytic Converter

That's what i figured... I examined it further, it looks like the pipe is bent up towards the transmission and it is pretty much touching the shifter linkage, which makes me nervous. -Julian
  2. J

Crushed Exhaust at Catalytic Converter

Hey all, I was driving in a field in the dark last night, and managed to drive my front tires off a ledge and bottomed out on a rather tall rock. After being pulled out, the car is running quite rough and loud, and i can see that i completely crushed the exhaust where it goes into the...
  3. J

1998 Front Drive Shaft compatibility/interchangability.

Burlington, Ontario. A bit far from you, I'd say. Thanks tho. -Julian
  4. J

1998 Front Drive Shaft compatibility/interchangability.

Hey all, First off, I've searched and found a lot of info on transfer cases, but not much specifically pertaining to Front drive shafts. My Front driveshaft was removed some time ago, for dignostic purposes, and unfortunately was "misplaced" i suspect that somebody (father) scrapped it...
  5. J

Abs code: C1102

which is interesting, since the light isn't on
  6. J

Would a malfunction of this switch cause my symptoms? I've looked on RockAuto but couldn't seem to find the switch. Any additional information would be helpfut. Thanks -Julian
  7. J

Hey all, IN SHORT: What does this mean? abs code: C1102 "Acceleration Switch Malfunction" How do you fix it? What is the Acceleration Switch? IN LONG FORM: I've done some searching, but i can't find anyone with ONLY this problem, and I'd like to work towards a simple solution hopefully...
  8. J

cold start

Hello All, I recently had a similar problem, a few days ago. It was -9ºC in the morning, and when i tried to start my truck, the engine cranked at a normal speed (more than 1500 RPM) but it didn't start. I tried a few times, and heard what sounded like it was trying to fire, but not getting...
  9. J

cold start

Salut tout le monde, un autre canadien anglais ici, J’ai eu un problème similaire il y a quelques jours. Il faisait -9ºC dans le matin, et quand essayait de démarrer mon explorer, le moteur tournait, d’une vitesse normale, (environ 1500 RPM). Mais il n’a pas démarré. Il semblait qu’il ne...
  10. J

Making a Dummy Transfer Case

ok, i have read the rebuild diary, it's just that i will never EVER need 4WD again, (or at least be able to have it) per your recommendation, i won't plan to remove the chain... probably will have to open it up anyways to fix the hi-lo collar issue. Thanks again
  11. J

Thanks, for the record, what role does the balence shaft play, and how would that be changed by removing the chain? or is that just extra info you were providing... also my t-case issue was diagnosed thanks to another thread... (though i haven't actually opened it yet to confirm) as...
  12. J

That's what i'm trying to replicate... i'm looking for free.... Also, as far as the Bronco dummy goes, would it be compatible with the 1998 transmission, i doubt it... let me know if you think otherwise. thanks
  13. J

haha I'm well aware that Dunny does not equal Dummy, i tried to edit it, but you can't change the titles..... What I'm really looking for, is whether the plan should work. Is there any mechanical reason that it should/shouldn't.
  14. J

Hello all, I've recently been witnessing the "beginning of the end" of my transfer-case's natural life. In efforts to extend the use of my truck, it has been converted to 2Wheel drive from the case forward. Knowing that a transfer case rebuild is likely necessary in the near future, i'm...
  15. J

Sugar in tank???!!!

For the sake of being accurate with our chemistry, sugar has a very low solubility in ethanol, which is already at a concentration of 10%, leaving very little room for dissolved sugar, it would remain about 99% in solid phase.
  16. J

Transmission or t-case (Something's wrong)

Of course, that makes sense. It seems like a waste for me to do anything more than the minimum since 4wd is already disabled. Something that i'm curious about is modifying the transfer case to operate as a dummy (sortof like the bronco II's had) since i don't ever really plan on purchasing a...
  17. J

Thanks for the input, i'm hoping to have an oportunity to do some work on the truck in the new year... I'm glad to hear, though, that you agree that the tcase could/likely is the culprit, since i have no budget for a new transmission, that would just mean junking the car. As for the rebuild...
  18. J

Hello, this is my first post in the forum, and i regret that this is the way i introduce myself... but I'm a long time reader, first time poster. The Truck My Explorer is a 1998 XLT with 4.0L SOHC, Automatic Transmission, and ControlTrac Transfer case. The 4x4 has been disabled by the...
Back