Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

4" Skyjacker Lift Springs (Possible Writeup)

So I could probably run a 31" tire with minimal rubbing maybe a little trimming is in order? and the closest to a 2" lift coil compatible with the first gen I could find was Skyjacker Suspensions 132X - Skyjacker Softride Lift Coil Springs which provide about 1.5" according to summit racing.
  2. T

What if I stuck with the 1.5" lift? Skyjacker Suspensions 132X - Skyjacker Softride Lift Coil Springs I understand that I'll be "increasing the distance between the axle and the frame" so if it only changes 1.5 inches what would I need to complete the lift? I'm only looking to improve the stance...
  3. T

I know, this question has been asked and answered but searching for such things results in bismal return, it would be amazing to just find out from someone with experience. What I want to do is lift the front about 4" I'm not looking at spending $600.00 for a lift and I was just...
  4. T

Doors randomly unlock and lock?

Ok, so since I have obtained my pile of crap 1993 Eddie Bauer 4 door a4ld transmission with 4.0 v6 it has been randomly locking and unlocking via the electric locks, also my horn will go off with the lights at random times, im looking to disconnect any wireless keyfobs there are stock in this...
  5. T

Auto hub issues.

my 4x4 light doesn't come on either i cant get it to engage 4 wheel at all it would be nice to have it.
  6. T

red.EDDIE.4x4's Explorer Registry

what steel rims are those i want some.
  7. T

Amp question???

i was thinking about getting a new amp to push a pair of 10" rockford (RFP2210) i have a 2ch 1200w amp right now but i think its going out.
  8. T

Amp question???

if i bridge a 2 channel 300w amp will i get 600w out of it. i would think no because each channel is 150w right? so therefore if i bridge ill get 300w?
  9. T

red.EDDIE.4x4's Explorer Registry

Do you have the Wiring diagram for your switchboard with the 2 dc outlets, and the wiring diagram for the ignition switch?
  10. T

Good Roof Rack And Grille Guard

That's awesome, I'll start looking for some.
  11. T

Thanks Bud I was talking about safari racks. Yes I was talking about safari racks, which type are you running?
  12. T

2 batteries charging off the stock alternator 1993 eddie

Pics? I have no idea how to really hook that up though, do you wire to the frame still or not? I think ill try it out next paycheck either way ill post pics on the 8th or 9th.
  13. T

Thanks for that post, the rear sub enclosure is where I wanted to put the deep cycle battery for my lights, amp and deck.
  14. T

Any opinions on roof racks and grille/brush guards? Best in you're opinions I have no clue what to get because I can't find any reviews.
  15. T

Biggest tire size on stock 1993 Eddie 4x4

Thanks man I couldn't find a good thread like that for the life of me.
  16. T

Biggest tire size on stock 1993 Eddie 4x4

Just wondering how big I could go on my stock eddie I don't really want to do any fender trimming but if needed I can do a little. I can buy new wheels and whatever else I need I just don't want to lift it anymore no point out in the desert.
  17. T

Thats exactly what I want to do if I deplete power from my first battery I want to be able to start my car from the second just in case.
  18. T

Wow I have never really thought of it that way, I'm not really looking to charge my batteries off my alternator more like keep them charged. In that case I think ill stick to the stock alternator for now and maybe eventually switch it out for a 130 amp.
  19. T

My question is can I run 2 batteries from my stock alternator with a solenoid switch so my deep cycle battery can jump my car battery if needed. Basically I want to run my radio, amp, and aftermarket lights off of a deep cycle battery and have that battery charged along with my battery for...
  20. T

How to change Gauge Bezel

Take off the dash. On my 93 if you take the dash off their is some plexiglass in front of the gauges and to my recollection you can remove that to access the front of the gauges not sure how to get behind them though.
  21. T

Help with lift kit decisions.

I need some help too. I'm interested in lifting my 1993 Explorer, I'm looking at buying a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body lift from suspensionconnection.com the only thing I am not sure about is what else I need to get, I've heard that I need to buy a steering extension and fuel line...
Back