Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Help with blend door

When mine broke, I temporarily cut a small access hole in the heater box behind the glove box and attached a choke cable I had laying around to it. When it was attached to the face of the heater box, it allowed me to move the door from extreme heat to extreme ac when needed. wish i had a pic to...
  2. C

Mirror Swap

Hey guys, I am wanting to know if the factory side mirrors off of an 06+ Ranger will work on my 98 four door XLT. I am a fan of the square shaped mirrors and would like to swap for that style if they will fit. Here is a link to mirrors like I am considering...
  3. C

What cups fit? remodel, fix, custom order?

What about modifying the hole to fit something like this in there? It seems this would allow for cups and water bottles to fit. http://www.basspro.com/Recessed-Cup-Holder/product/120829053313409/
  4. C

rust proofing

I second that, best rust product I have ever used. Pretty remarkable stuff
  5. C

Lost

Just an update on my lighting issue. I bought a set of KC hilites driving lights for Christmas. What a difference they make! I still see a need for new headlight bulbs so I think my next move is to buy a set of the phillips xtreme vision bulbs when I get the time. Anyone know where to find them...
  6. C

Lost

Hey all, I have read through many threads in the lighting section. I have upgraded my headlight lenses to the diamond clear style and been through many different halogen bulbs, unhappy with the output. I have seen on here countless times how people believe HIDs are not the way to go without a...
  7. C

1956 F100 Explorer Chassis Swap

The truck looks awesome! I love the colors, how clean it looks under the hood, and the dash looks incredible! :thumbsup:
  8. C

updated pics of my rig :D

Looks great!
  9. C

The Juggernaut 97 EX 5.0

Do you have details on the skid plate? What you built it out of, dimensions, etc? I am looking to build one when I get a chance
  10. C

Returning to the Explorer family

Nice explorer! I have always loved the first gens and its great to see them in such good condition, love the bumper too!
  11. C

2004 Bixenon retrofit in black headlights

nice work on the headlights and beautiful explorer(love the WV plate too btw:D). I see you are from Fairmont, my family is from there and I go to school in Morgantown, nice to see another member is so close by :salute:
  12. C

My resurrected explorer

Agreed! I never would have thought up something that cool after wrecking a vehicle. Its amazing to see how people can turn a negative into a positive, great work :thumbsup:
  13. C

Lift Kit and Bigger Tires for '13 Sport

I second that! I want to see a new Ex lifted
  14. C

1999 Frod explorer 4.0 SOHC 4x4 thermostat housing replacement--how?

Just replaced mine this weekend. Not too hard of a job, but I have small hands. Steps I took: Remove intake tube and sit to the side, then unbolt the throttle body (4 bolts), lift it out of your way. Then you have access to the thermostat housing. Unhook the hoses going to it (may take some...
  15. C

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

Awesome rear bumper! Did you make it yourself? looks perfect on your truck, like something the factory should have put on! :thumbsup:
  16. C

Walking Dead - 1999 Explorer 4x4 XLT (174K) - PICS

Nice looking ride man! As for the exhaust rattle, I had one that sounds like you described and it would only do it with the truck in gear. Come to find out, I had 2 broken exhaust hangers that allowed the tailpipe to sag to the right of the truck and rattle on the swaybar endlink on the rear...
  17. C

my weekend project

Looks great. I'd love to do this to my second gen. I'd be interested in seeing the write up if you do one.
  18. C

My Blue '98 XLT

Forgot to add I changed all interior lights, puddle lights and license plate lights over to LEDs
  19. C

My Blue '98 XLT

Hey guys, been around lurking on the site for a while and just became elite a few months ago. Finally getting around to creating my first registry so here goes. My Explorer is a 1998 XLT with 125k miles on it. It is light blue metallic in color with a blue interior. My dad bought it new in...
  20. C

My 2005 Explorer XLT V8 AWD

Great plan! tint improves the look of a vehicle so much in my opinion :thumbsup:
  21. C

My 2005 Explorer XLT V8 AWD

sick looking explorer man! those tinted fogs look so cool in the storm pics too!
  22. C

Headlight assembly

I use the same setup- I agree, they are much better than stock and I love them. Look good during the day too which is a plus :D
  23. C

New to the X Game

Your explorer looks great, nice work :thumbsup:
  24. C

fenders

this isn't bad to do at all. 5 or 6 bolts you can see under the hood, one behind front bumper, one that attaches to headlight buckets, two at the bottom of the fender by the doors. few screws around the inner fender. hardest part for me was getting the plastic trim off of the bottom. easy to...
  25. C

What else should I add to my explorer sport?

window tint would add a lot to the blacked out look it seems you are going for in my opinion. nice ride by the way :thumbsup:
Back