1. Fabrication and Shop

Fabrication and Shop

Pics of my tools and fabrication
  2. Apologetics

Apologetics

Stuff I use for debates
  3. G

Converting the Electric Transfer Case Shift Motor to Manual

Sorry for the delay in responding. Have not been on any forums for about 3 months! I've had to take a transfer in my work back to Wisconsin, which involved a rushed pack and move, a main computer that died in the process, and a job where I've put in an average of 14 hour days since starting...
  4. G

Soon as I get a chance! It turns out to be easier than I thought. I pulled apart the old shift motor, cut off the motor part (anyone need a good magnet?) and silly-coned the old hole where the drive gear went. Then, I stripped the internals from the part that actually twists the input shaft...
  5. G

Comment by 'glfredrick' in media 'TTB 1 modified'

Me too... That was/is not my truck, but I liked how the owner approached the difficult issue of TTB steering.
  6. G

I am building this setup right now for my Ranger truggy. Looking good so far!
  7. G

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

Is it the one in the picture above with the 8 lug wheel? What sort of price, plus shipping to 40216?
  8. G

What rim size? I need a better spare.
  9. G

Just read through the entire build. I'm pretty sure that we both have the same disease!
  10. G

Wire Harness Questions

I'll be checking on this tomorrow morning. I have to first identify the transmission harness and determine which of the wires is the neutral. My PCM is for a manual, so no issues with transmission solenoids and such, but I may end up swapping out the cab harness if it does not play along with...
  11. G

what chevy engines can be used in 94 explorer?

Some of these guys bleed blue... :D I'd say that any small block will drop right in, and the upside is that you can run the very popular 700R4 transmission without an adapter. There are multiple transfer case options with that setup (the Ford one will not work because the splines and bolt...
  12. G

Wire Harness Questions

Your description sounds about like what I traced on the diagrams. Locating the wires is another thing... :rolleyes: The C-4 does have a neutral switch. I'm not completely sure if it is compatible with the other wiring (not worried about connectors, but voltage, signal, etc.). Is this a...
  13. G

Wire Harness Questions

I've pulled in a new wiring harness into my Ranger build. Original truck was an 86 2.9 5 sp. 4x4 (frame, fuel pumps, sending unit reused). Onto that, I've dropped a 90 extended cab body which had a 4.0 auto, 2wd. I'm using the dashboard, and all cab electrical (except the PCM). And the...
  14. G

Ranger SAS Questions

This swap has been done a number of times and is a fairly easy swap to make work. I'm going a tad more aggressive with my own swap, incorporating a Rubicon Express-style suspension up front, etc. Here it is starting to go together with the new body: And here it is getting closer to...
  15. G

Comment by 'glfredrick' in media 'Exploder front end'

That's what TTB axles do when they flex out. They hinge in the middle!
  16. G

HELP REMOVING FRONT SPINDLE'S

That is all, but the spindles can get quite well fixed into place. Usually, I spin on a nut (so I don't mess up the threads) and give the spindle a rap with a mallet. In a few really troublesome cases, I've had to use a slide-hammer puller with a special spindle socket to get them off.
  17. G

How to: Warrior Shackle Installation (pics)

No problem on the old thread, some of us are old posters... :D Yours is a common problem in many areas of the country, especially now that Explorers are getting some age (common theme for the thread ?) I've used various means to deal with this issue, from a thin chisel that can split open...
  18. G

"Bring It" Project -- 86 Ranger

Inside the box are the batteries and some electrical stuff, plus storage for parts, tools, and camping gear, all nice and waterproof. :D I'm looking to get a 50/50 weight balance, front to rear.
  19. G

"Bring It" Project -- 86 Ranger

Well, we had "Wrenchfest" over the past weekend and I had a few helpers. We got some work done -- lots of grinding, welding, cleaning up, and figuring out. Later this week we'll lay in the track bar and be able to flex this ride out! Here are a few pics: Coil springs in place -- still have...
  20. G

A4LD won't upshift at full throttle

There could be any one of a number of other problems internally in the transmission, starting with a weak pump, cut or worn seals, etc., that are not evident by looking with the eyes. It takes measuring tools to figure this out. You will HAVE to get your hands on the ASTG manual. Here is a...
  21. G

Show your 1st gen flex

My old 'Sploder is in post 55 of this thread. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showpost.php?p=1935320&postcount=55 I believe that the current owner Jman686 has the truck for sale... Great off-road platform for someone who doesn't want to spend big bucks! Here is another picture I've...
  22. G

Snowball 94 Limited

Sounds like you had an awesome mission trip. Look me up on UCORA.com. Probably right up your alley. We're all about mission and trucks. :D Keeo the throttle linkage and cable clean, but don't oil it. Oil picks up dust and only makes it stikier eventually. Silicone may be good, however...
  23. G

Modifying Ford Explorer Leaf Springs for Lift using F-150 Leaf Springs

Easiest way on an Explorer is to add 2" blocks to the front springs and install an add-a-leaf and shackle to the rear. Better is to use longer front springs. No easier or less expensive way to do the rear, as it is sprung under the axle. Rangers, same up front. In the rear, a block can be...
  24. G

Snowball 94 Limited

The fuel pumps on the Explorer/Ranger series are very susceptable to being run low in fuel tank volume. I've often found that I burn up a pump fairly quickly if I run lower than 1/4 tank of fuel. You may want to think back to see if that was the case for you and then revise your driving habits...
Back