Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Gabe96Explorer

Steering wheel issues - Help

thanks for the epic responses. LOL. Thanks guys! -_- I ended up having to get a new steering column.
  2. Gabe96Explorer

This is what I think might be broken? http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-AIR-BAG-CONTACT-CLOCK-SPRING-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-MOUNTAINEER-RANGER-/360703972573?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53fba1d4dd&vxp=mtr its the 14A664 in this photo.
  3. Gabe96Explorer

seat replacement?

If you have a manual seat and can only buy a power seat, thats fine. You can put that seat onto your tracks and vice versa. So long as it comes from a second gen Ex.
  4. Gabe96Explorer

1996 XLT 4x4 4.0 OHV, 225k I have some issue with my steering wheel. The upper part of the steering wheel (in the cab) has play in it. I can grab the wheel and move it up and down and a little side to side. Its not the whole column, JUST the wheel. I can feel resistance, like something is...
  5. Gabe96Explorer

96 xlt with jbl & cd = what the hell?!?!?!?

The issue is that the factory connector, doesnt work with the green integration harness. the channels DO NOT line up. at all. This is what SHOULD be on my truck... but its not....
  6. Gabe96Explorer

After looking at this now... I can 100% determine that some one jackwagoned this thing before me. The connector isn't right. Someone had an aftermarket headunit in here and butchered the wiring. They used a different radio and connector to return this thing back to "stock" appearance. there is...
  7. Gabe96Explorer

I have a 4dr 96 XLT with JBL & CD (Center arm rest CD Pack Changer). (rear amp and antenna wire) I just got this pioneer headunit - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091UX3QI/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 I got this kit so that I could integrate it with the factory subwoofer so I can avoid...
  8. Gabe96Explorer

A way to install a HU without running speaker wires?

I am ready to RAGE - 96 XLT w/ JBL Starting my own thread.
  9. Gabe96Explorer

Who's in NJ? Where?

Looks like I am getting my job back so I might be decking out the 4 door. Oh yeaaaa
  10. Gabe96Explorer

4WD & 4WLOW Light Flashing

This is EXACTLY it. Which relay is it.. I get a bit lost in translation trying to read this.
  11. Gabe96Explorer

4WD & 4WLOW Light Flashing

It will flash 6 times, and as soon as it starts flashing, I can't operate the windows in my truck for about a minute.
  12. Gabe96Explorer

Who's in NJ? Where?

I was able to get 450 for it AND keep my battery, brand new alternator and new A/C compressor i put in last summer AND my hitch. so it was good. it went bye bye.
  13. Gabe96Explorer

Who's in NJ? Where?

i am gonna be selling my trail rig... i wish i didn't have to. trans is beat, still in driveable condition, trans just isnt happy and the transfer case is done. prolly gonna put it up for like $500. lots of good parts on it though. sad to see it go, i need the money.
  14. Gabe96Explorer

Charging Issue after Cluster Swap

after 5. im gonna come home and push the truck back in the street, so i can pull mine in, face to face and put a little juice on the battery. Tomorrow we will find out.
  15. Gabe96Explorer

the first cluster, the speedo stopped working...
  16. Gabe96Explorer

Chillin... chillin... you?
  17. Gabe96Explorer

I don't think it does to be honest... worst case, lets assume it doesn't and then lets assume it does.
  18. Gabe96Explorer

My explorer, that is now having an issue charging its self, has become a PITA. It started dieing while on the road, like the battery would just run its self out completely. Turns out my little brother swapped in a spare cluster I had laying around. Could it be the cluster is causing an...
  19. Gabe96Explorer

Who's in NJ? Where?

You can ride Wharton Stock, no problem. JUST DONT FOLLOW ME. LOL.
  20. Gabe96Explorer

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

Is that an XLT SPORT? Or just swapped rear hatch? I LIKE.
  21. Gabe96Explorer

96 4 DR XLT "JADE" Operation "MAKE IT RUN RIGHT!"

looks like the u joints I have are too small. also the driveshaft is pretty rusted out... so we are going to replace it.
  22. Gabe96Explorer

ngk plugs & motor craft wires went in today. pick up and throttle response is MUCH BETTER. vibration still existed. took it to monroe to put it on the lift. we get under it. rear drive shaft has about a half inch of play. i already had new u joints, so it worked out. tomorrow we do the u joints...
  23. Gabe96Explorer

I picked this up for $600. 1996 4 Dr XLT, 4x4, OHV. 203,x.. It has: Ford Simulated Leather Interior Power Everything 6 Disc Changer Sun Roof OHUD Cruise 4X4 Brand New Definity H/T's It Needs: Battery. (Done - Sams club for $87.xx) Vibration Issue Fixed. Tune Up. (Plugs &...
Back