Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Did Aviator Lane Keeping just change?

that's interesting. My GF just bought a new Telluride, and I don't think it ever warned me, I was thinking how nice that was. It would be nice if they changed that.
  2. N

Transmission/Not accelerating Issue

That's pretty much what mine was doing, and it's basically repeatable. When I first bought the vehicle, if I decided to pass someone on the road, I could press the gas pedal and it would slingshot around a car. One day I was passing a vehicle running about 55 ish, on a 55mph road(who does...
  3. N

Gas Mileage in 2020+ Explorer

I had a limited loaner for about a month.....it mostly got driven around town in stop and go traffic. It was closer to 20mpg. I have an ST that Ford has agreed to buy back and one of the issues is that it's not running quite right. I originally thought it was a turbo, but they swear it's...
  4. N

Turbo issues?

I'm kinda with you on this one, but the lemon laws MAY be the deciding factor. In NC they have 3 or 4 attempts, OR 20 business days in the shop. In my case, I've been without it since the beginning of December. I would guess they know they've passed that limit by a long shot, and I have strange...
  5. N

Turbo issues?

Just got a call from Ford Customer Service....they're just going to buy this one back. In some ways I hate we didn't get to the bottom of this. Hopefully I was a one off issue. Thanks for all the help though, not sure where I'm going from here. Maybe an expedition??
  6. N

Deep Sleep Mode

I'm starting to get the feeling that the "Fix" isn't fixing this.
  7. N

Deep Sleep Mode

Is this after it was supposed to be upgraded?
  8. N

Deep Sleep Mode

Mine was supposed to be upgraded....and now it seems like its still not right, but it did sit for one week before it went into deep sleep mode.
  9. N

Deep Sleep Mode

I thought I would report an update here as well. Mine has been at the dealership for over a month now, and the last time I was able to see it had been moved was exactly 1 week ago. This is one issue they claimed to have fixed, but just a few minutes ago I received a notice that it went into deep...
  10. N

Sync 3 screen goes blank

Well that's an interesting connection to the problem.
  11. N

For Fun; What is in your Rear Storage Area???

I have various tools a jump box and a mini air pump that seems to come in handy more times than you would imagine.
  12. N

Turbo issues?

It's not....it doesn't always take off from a start, but it almost ALWAYS lags when I get on it trying to pass, and doesn't feel like it has any power. Let's put it this way, it feels like if I started to pass someone, and they decide they don't want me to pass them, then there's no way this...
  13. N

Turbo issues?

I agree...I think they've been doing a quick code check and just telling me nothing is wrong. I know that something is wrong......
  14. N

Turbo issues?

That's an interesting thought......I may suggest that if I ever hear from them again. lol
  15. N

Turbo issues?

They only know that there's no codes associated with it, so they can't fix it. Whenever they ride with me, they recognize that something just doesn't seem right, but then they call can tell me they can't find anything wrong.
  16. N

Turbo issues?

The service manager rode with me and thought the transmission wasn't shifting down when I would stomp on it.....It definitely is not. I still believe it's a turbo. They've had the vehicle for the better part of 2 months now. I'm waiting on a call from Customer service about a buyback.
  17. N

Explorer is down, and possibly out . .

lol...better than the ecosport I'm in. Im usually impressed with Ford, but not this one.
  18. N

Turbo issues?

Now that's interesting. Do you happen to know the TSB number?
  19. N

Turbo issues?

Here's the deal....I'm 56 years old. I don't drive it like a 16 yo. I drive it a little hard, but this vehicle certainly should take what I've given it. If I have damaged the engine with my driving style, it may be the first, but it won't be the last. It also would never hold up to a tune if...
  20. N

Driveline vibration ST

With mine, you can tell its not the tires. I have a tire balancing machine, and I'm not even taking them off to test them myself.
  21. N

Turbo issues?

agreed...I've started a case with Ford. The vehicle has been in the shop for almost 40 days now, which is way above the NC lemon law requirement. I think I'm just going to have them buy it back and then take my time on another purchase. I know one vehicle I won't consider....they have me in an...
  22. N

Just Found Out I Won a $75,000 Lincoln Aviator!

A funny story....When I was 19 years old, I went to visit my (at that time) girlfriends grandmother in Virginia. At the time, Coca-Cola was giving away a brand new Ford Thunderbird. I want to say that it was an 83 model. I believe it was a promotion to announce the new design Thunderbird. Her...
  23. N

Driveline vibration ST

I'm with you....a $60,000 vehicle should not vibrate. I have started a case with Ford Customer service by sending a certified letter with my complaint to: Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, P.O. Box 6248 Dearborn MI. 48121 I gave them 15 calendar days from the receipt of my...
  24. N

Turbo issues?

honestly.....both of these issues could be the transmission.
  25. N

Turbo issues?

The service manager could feel that the other day when he rode with me....he is certain that it's a drivetrain issue. I think it's a driveshaft. They claimed on the ticket that they tested it with a vibration meter and it was "within spec" but I've now driven 3 vehicles as loaners since they...
Back