Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

OEM Nav Programming Dead End

Thanks for the detailed response. I'll check what you said and decide if I do indeed need to do anything. -Pat
  2. P

OEM Nav Programming Dead End

Seems I've reached a dead end in trying to get someone/somewhere to reprogram my factory nav system. Came out of a 07 Explorer, I am putting it in an 06 Explorer. Dealers don't seem to have a clue, they just say it don't work and never will work going from 07 to 06. Help?? Thanks.
  3. P

GPS Antenna Mounting Location

Did you ever find the proper 'factory' mounting place for the GPS antenna?
  4. P

Do you have 2006 Ex with OEM NAV & Sirius?

Is that done with the Ford IDS software with the unit in the car?
  5. P

Thanks. Something else now. SO I installed this used Nav system in my 2006 Ex, came out of a 2007 Ex. I just noticed now that the 'hard' buttons don't light up when I put the headlights on, and the screen doesn't shift to night mode either (have it set for Auto). Is this some sort of...
  6. P

If so, do you have a single antenna for both Sirius and NAV, or two separate antennas? If so, where are they? I hear that Sirius antenna can be used by NAV too. Then I hear not. So confused at this point. Thanks.
  7. P

installing factory nav

I was told by Ford serv dept, that since I have Sirius now with my single cd/mp3, and the Sirius antenna is on the roof already, that the factory gps uses the same antenna. Is that so?
  8. P

Factory Nav Owners Manual

Hi -- where would I find the owner's manual for the factory nav unit in an 06 EB ? Thanks.
  9. P

Standard Stereo to Factory Nav Unit

How/where does the factory Sirius satellite module connect to the stereo? Thanks.
  10. P

Standard Stereo to Factory Nav Unit

Which would be the best thread to look at for replacing the standard stereo with a used factory navigation unit? I see many. Thanks much. -Pat
  11. P

2006 Explorer Console Disassembly Procedure

Thanks for the reply. Also, I will be installing a used factory nav unit in place of the standard stereo in there now. Few questions: 1. Is the existing Sirius module somewhere behind the radio now and just needs to be connected to the nav unit somehow ? 2. I heard that I need to...
  12. P

2006 Explorer Console Disassembly Procedure

Hi -- getting ready to replace standard stereo with factory nav unit. Question, why do I need to disassemble the console to get the wood trim off around the radio? Just trying to understand this before I do it. Thanks. -Pat
  13. P

Instrument Cluster Bulbs

Thanks!
  14. P

NAViTOUCH

Anyone have any experience with the NAViTOUCH ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-10-Ford-Explorer-Stereo-DVD-GPS-Navigation-in-dash-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3361492c6bQQitemZ220675517547QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo Thanks.
  15. P

Instrument Cluster Bulbs

How do I change the bulbs on the instrument cluster? One of the speedo bulbs are out. Also, the rotary switch for the headlamps no longer lights the various indicator positions. Is this one bulb and how do you replace that? Thanks so much.
  16. P

Steering Wheel Radio Controls

Can I add the steering wheel radio controls? I popped off the blank, but there are no wires in there. Is it possible to add without some complex cabling thru the steering column? Thanks.
  17. P

Adding OEM nav & Sirius to '06

Nav Purchase I have a 2006 Explorer. Would like to purchase the OEM NAV system. Who is "tauk@aol.com" I see referenced in this forum? Thanks.
  18. P

A/C Blows Warmer at Highway Speeds

When idling, A/C works fine. Vent temp gets about 50 or below. At highway speeds, especially on hotter sunny days, vent temp doesn't go below 60. However, if at idle, it could be sunny and 100 degrees outside, the vent temp goes to 50 or below, and vehicle cools nicely. Thoughts on this...
Back