Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

am I stupid? tire size help.

oops my bad. thats what I meant. perfect. thank you.
  2. Y

am I stupid? tire size help.

ok so I am running on 235/17 16 Michelin tires and they are getting worn. I looked at the max tire size but I don't understand it. I also tried googling some stuff but I still don't know. What is the max tire size I can have? I have a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport with no lift. Thanks.
  3. Y

what are my options?

oh sry about the bad grammar. the check didn't take too long. the cost to repair the cylinder was worth 22 hours of work ~$2000. got it tuned for now and seems to run fine. the check engine light is off too. gona keep it runnin like this and see what happens. hopefully some cash will come my way.
  4. Y

what are my options?

96 explorer sport 140,000 miles on it. check engine light on. got it checked...resuts: 3rd cylinder has no compression. 22 hours of labor equivalent to approximately $2000 plus parts. recommended that i get a rebuilt engine rather than fix it. how much do they go for? 4L v6. should i just run it...
  5. Y

Need tires

My brother needs new tires for his car but he does not have an explorer. I was wondering where I could get a good deal on tires...you know a set of decent tires at a decent price. He is a college student and does not have much money to spare. If anyone has any good retailers, stores, anything...
  6. Y

Bel 820 manual

I was told by the company that they did not make the owners manual anymore b/c it is an outdated model. So i was hoping that someone had an extra one or had downloaded the pdf and could give it to me.
  7. Y

Remote mod?

my remote has a separate panic button (red). But i know other remotes that dont still support the function. Try holding both buttons at the same time.
  8. Y

Bel 820 manual

I am looking for a Bel 820 users manual as I bought my detector w/o one. If anyone has an extra one lying around or has a link to a pdf document please let me know. Thanks.
  9. Y

BEL 820 question

anyone???
  10. Y

BEL 820 question

I just purchased a BEL-820 and i dont know how to install it. Isnt it usually attached to the cigarette lighter? This only has an attachement that looks like is nothing like a cigarette lighter attachment. can anyone help? Thanks.
  11. Y

Gettin 20s, hows these for looks?

personal choice: 4
  12. Y

Look at what I've been up to...

Nah, thanks tho. Thats why I was asking; I dont know how to solder or whatnot to make stuff. not a real handyman. cant blame me for asking. BTW: looks awesome.
  13. Y

Look at what I've been up to...

Would you mind making some sets for me? I dont want to go throught the trouble of buying too much **** that i dont need and dont know how to use. Besides u have some LED's left over right?? let me know.
  14. Y

Gettin 20s, hows these for looks?

I agree. Lowering would help the look a lot!! Big fan of lowered trucks just dont have the dough to get rims and do it.
  15. Y

3.75" Backspacing vs. 4.0" bs???

so the only way to make the tires look more on the outside i would have to get new rims?? %$#@. ok guess ill just have to deal with it.
  16. Y

3.75" Backspacing vs. 4.0" bs???

ok u all got me interested now. I think my car's tires look a little inset. so what ur telling me is that i need to get smaller backspacing and that makes the tires go out? How much does this cost (im not gona do it myself)?
  17. Y

looking for pictures

can i get a side view? oh and looks like im prolly gona get one cuz it looks awesome. not in stock at ebay right now but do u know how much they go for?? thanks again. oh and i've noticed that there are a few models and styles. the lund windjammer the EGR, explorer express one, etc. which...
  18. Y

looking for pictures

getting interested in a windjammer or something similar for appearance reasons and looking for pics. preferably on a black 96 style sport (i know its a littly picky but i wana know what it looks like exactly.) please feel free to give advice and/or ideas as well. thanks.
  19. Y

Problem w/ brother's car (not a ford)

ya. after his engine misfired we spent $1500 replacing everything so everything should be fine except it isnt.
  20. Y

Problem w/ brother's car (not a ford)

Ok so my bro. has a 96 chrysler sebring convertible and there is something wrong with it. When he accelerates normally the car is fine. however, when he floors it the car does not accelerate like it should; I dont really know whats wrong w/ it. any ideas? BTW: we took it to the dealer and...
  21. Y

Projector fog lamp replacement

ok I bought these fog lights ( http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/opcarfibroun.html ) and they came with the H3 bulbs (we all the supplied bulbs suck) and they burned out. Now i dont know how to replace them. I tried to unscrew teh head part of it and pull the bulb out, but it wouldnt budge. i dont see...
  22. Y

looking for pics of 31's on a stock explorer

What im looking for is pics of an explorer with bigger tires. no lifts. just stock. i dont have the money to do this but im just curious at how it would look. Im also interested in how it would look with big tires with drop. yes i said a drop. :) is it even possible? i know its possible with a...
  23. Y

Bikes or roof

is there anyway to securely haul a bycicle on the roof w/ a roof rack without damaging the bike, car, or have the bike fall off. I do not intend to purchase anything since this will be dont only a few times. P.S. I didnt know anywhere else to post, so if its in the wrong place please feel...
  24. Y

02 Sensor (ran search)

just failed my smog check cuz of the O2 sensor. Wanted to see if you explorer geniuses knew which one I need to change. the ODB Fault code is: "PO133 O2 Sensor Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)" Checking on autozones website, it says there are four. I went there in person and the guy said...
  25. Y

Got a check engine light, only had it a day.

sorry to hijack the thread but, my CEL has been on for quite a while now. From time to time it turns off but then turns on again. I have no idea what the codes or anything means so could this be the same EGR problem you guys are having? What is the EGR problem??? I have a 4.0 OHV.
Back