Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Testing, hey dude, looks like you put a lot of time and effort into your rig.

Testing, hey dude, looks like you put a lot of time and effort into your rig.
  2. B

Going Soild, but have a few questions

I did a D44 knuckle swap on my D35 TTB a couple years ago which put the front on 5x5.5 bolt pattern, had new axles made by Dutchman for about $250 matching the front 5x5.5 pattern. Very nice axles! When I swapped the axles I also put new bearing and seals in. You can then get about $150...
  3. B

BuffaloX knuckle compatability

OK, Finally found a D44 straight axle out of a 1978 Ford F250, 8 lug. My question is this: Will a 90 Bronco D44 TTB knuckle fit on a 78 F250 D44 straight axle? 2 years ago I did a D44 TTB (90 Bronco) knuckle conversion on my D35 TTB. Can I use the same knuckle on this straight axle...
  4. B

LD50 1st gen Rusty rocker panel bodywork - rockerpanel replacement

Thanks for putting this together, and with great detail on not only the "How To," but the "What to do, What not to do!" I've been putting off doing this, but after reading this thread I'm going to try to get it done soon. Then finish my rock sliders.
  5. B

How to: Dana 44 TTB outers on a Dana 35 TTB

Well, I haven't swapped the master cylinder and the brakes work just fine, the difference is minimal and I will probably keep it this way for now. Too many other things to do, like rock sliders and a rear bumper.
  6. B

I found a master cylinder, should I get the booster too, or just use mine?
  7. B

Bill, I knew the larger brakes would take more fluid and the pedal is soft as expected. The first 25% is soft then it catches up quick, a quick tap and then apply is a huge difference. I was driving with my 17 yr old son Shawn and was approaching a Stop sign. I wanted to test the brakes for...
  8. B

Oh absolutely, but $100 for spacers has to be the way to go for now. I don't have an extra $500 for new axles. Are there any Ford stock 31 spline 5x5.5" that I can just swap mine out with that are the right length?
  9. B

Well, got the front end aligned and rides nice, we used Moog Camber nuts 1.5 deg. I put about 50 miles on this afternoon and the ride is nice, especially in the turns-it feels much more stableand looks cool-if you know what you're looking for. Found some adapters 1.3" thk with nuts for $114...
  10. B

Ok, goter' done. Plenty of pic, will post them soon. Man, huge difference just looking at the finished product, and all the new shiny parts look so pretty. Took my time and got it done Thurs. and Friday, about 8 hrs. each. With many interruptions and my son's talent show finished up at 11pm...
  11. B

How to: C4/D20 Swap in Progress

I paid $1185.00 for the engine adaptor, transfer case adaptor, reverse light switch, Lokar shifter (You can't use the stock column shifter, this is much cooler having the floor shifter anyway) from MOAB Offroad. Then another $200 for the 4.0 throttle cable and bracket, and complete TCC relay kit...
  12. B

How to: C4/D20 Swap in Progress

Hey, another option is the 700R4 swap, got one in my 94xlt and I've been beating the snot out of it since 7/2004. No problems, had the tranny built with stout parts and strong shift kit, custom tc. With the 4:10's and the crappy No-Slip really wheels nice.
  13. B

Anyone know if the brake lines bolt right up or do I need different ones?
  14. B

OK Bill, Got the TRA Bushings coming, thanks for your help. Chuck at BC Bronco's told me that Snap-On drivers stock the needed reamer on their truck P/N R121 and it costs about $15. Will do the reaming as soon as the bushings come.
  15. Dana 44 knuckle swap

Dana 44 knuckle swap

will bring it back to life
  16. Dana 44 knuckle swap

Dana 44 knuckle swap

New wheels for the new 5 on 5 1/2" bolt pattern all 4 for $150, that's what I'm talkin about!
  17. B

I've been working on getting all of the incredibly rusted parts off the knuckle so I can clean them up to paint and rebuild with all new parts, bearings... One of the hubs had a dent in the side of it compressing on the auto locking parts. Being un familiar with disassembling them made me...
  18. B

Thanks for the info Bronco Bill, and everyone who posted... Got my parts form the bone yard Sat. I told them I needed the knuckles, spindles and axle stub ends-and if possible the steering linkage. They torched off the beam tabs at the ball joints and cut the pitman arm and said here you go...
  19. B

Anyone know of a kit to replace the Tie Rod End with a Heim Joint? It would consist of the tapered piece that would bolt into the knuckle with a trheaded end on top to receive the Heim Joint that is threaded into the drag link. I'd like to keep the machining of the knuckle at a minimum and...
  20. B

Hey 410Fortune- I do but the gearing is wrong. I have a 92xlt for parts...will the stub shafts from the D44 I'll get the knuckles and spindles from swap with the D35 stub shafts? They would if they use the same u-joint right. One of a few questions.
  21. B

Hey guys, This is something I'm going to do and have been reading up on it. Along with what you have posted, the magazine "Off Road" by Primedia has had this as a tech project called "Project Trailrunner" on a Ranger D35 TTB in their Feb and March 2006 issues. And they're not done yet. The...
  22. 3-4_l_fr_shore_backgr

3-4_l_fr_shore_backgr

23. B

4x4 Parts Supplier?

Hey Dude, Contact me, I can deliver them to you if you get them to me...I'm in Buffalo, NY. You will have to pay for the parts though... :D
  24. B

Fuel economy w/ 31"s

With a set of 4.10's, 33x12.50 MTR's, Tornado, Superchip, 700R4 conv., 2.5" SL, 3" BL, K&N Conical Filter, Oil additives, and a lead foot I'm averaging 15 mpg. I drive 400-600+ miles per week and check it often. I know that the ODO is off but only about 5%. With my setup at 65 mph my tach is at...
  25. B

seat swap

1999 Mountaineer seats fit I swapped out my cloth seats in my 94 XLT for beautiful leather seats from a 1999 Mountaineer. I also converted my rear drum brakes for disc brakes from a 97 Mountaineer along with the master cylinder-straight bolt up for all! :D
Back