Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Fuel Leak

My 93 Explorer seem to be leaking from the gas tank. It’s only happening when the car is on with the gas cap on. It doesn’t seem to be leaking when the fuel cap is off, or the cars off. Any one have any idea at all what the problem could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Chuck
  2. E

Make Explorer undrivable

dont worry its a ford, probably wouldent start anyway.
  3. E

My Insurance Is more than my car payment! Hlp!

Well I just turned 19 and am paying 2600 a year for my 93 Explorer, full coverage but only 2100 for my 86 Vette, just liability 'red' I just got, now that makes no sense. Even though the Explorer cant move out of its own way. I have found that the insurance company plays a big role in coverage...
  4. E

Line Out Converter?

Brian thanks for the reply I tried to find a low voltage trigger. But haven't had no luck any stores that u know of that might have them Radio Shack? Also you said the Explorer ignition wire is 5.5volts , I'm assuming a Ranger radio is the same. Is there any other wire you know of that is...
  5. E

led scanners

anyone?
  6. E

Line Out Converter?

explortainment thanks for your help so your saying the yellow will only be hot when the radio is turned on? that would be great. so red is like memory, one more thing if the amp accepts high level line inputs i will not need the converter i can just run the amp wires and tapp into the...
  7. E

Line Out Converter?

I'm hooking a amp up to a 00 Ranger, I want to keep the stock radio/cd player. what will the line out converter do, How will it work/hook up. Also any one have any idea how to get a turn on signal to the amp, do any line out converters have it. Theirs no power antena. thanks a lot
  8. E

SUNROOF INSTALL QUESTIONS

toad you will find that this new group totaly sucks. everyone just posts topic but no one replys
  9. E

97 XLT AWD V8? $$

97 XLT AWD V8? $$ I currently own a 93 XLT with close to 100K miles on it. I have only owned it for about 2 years and have probably spent around 2K just on maintenance for it. From vacuum modulators to starters, My uncle offered to sell me his 97 XLT AWD V8 with 40K miles on it for...
  10. E

Head light Clear Corners?

Thinking about getting some clear corners for my 93, I have see the Clear Corners set of 4pcs for about $78 + s/h anyone know of any other web sites out their that can beat the price. Thanks Chuck Explorer93xlt
  11. E

96 Jeep Fire Wall ?

I know this dont have much to do with a explorer at all but a friend of mine asked me to install a amp in his 96 cheroke, i see no problem with it except for does anyone here know if there is any rubber plugs in the jeep that can be removed from the firewall to run the amp wire i know my...
  12. E

Bronco II Question?

I tried a few things today no luck the bulb is fine CBoug76 Voltage Regulator where exactly is this located in the fender wall by the starter celionid left or right fender? also i thought the Voltage Regulator was built into the alternatoron the broncos , thanks again chuck
  13. E

Bronco II Question?

thanks JDraper yea i'm more prone to a short in the system but have no idea were to look the truck has so many exposed wires i dont know were to start
  14. E

Bronco II Question?

I realize this has nothing to do with an Explorer but I was hoping the knowledgeable members of this site could help, I have a 88 Bronco II 2.9L v6, all of a sudden I'm having major problems with it. The truck started up first try then the battery light came on, the lights started to dim, and...
  15. E

? about caps

"your alternator may be going bad" You really think thats the problem i mean actually the amount of current even a small amp is pulling would seem to do this to any car at full blast. I have seen amps in new Exploders doing this to their volt meter. chuck
  16. E

? about caps

I was thinking of getting a small cap only about a 1/2 fared. But is it worth it I have a 600Watt 350RMS PA amp pushing 2 Pioneer 12's. I have a bad problem at red light with the volt meter going crazy, the head lights seem to also did a little would this solve it? well actually it wount hurt...
  17. E

Please Help! Front Right Speaker messed up?

Topic Review (Newest First) I think the problem might be that the channel for the front right speaker on the stock amp is blown. I did't read all the posts but i know before I changed all my speakers i was having this problem all i did was app a by-pass kit and it was fine...
  18. E

Alarm lights (False Alarms?)Series Resistor

Thanks for the help JTang i went to radio shack to get the Bosch relay they were out of them but should be getting them in shortley. Just wondering about how long, how many hours do you think a small blinking LED could run off of like a D battery? Weeks, Months thanks again chuck
  19. E

Alarm lights (False Alarms?)Series Resistor

I just got an auto start and keyless entry put on my 93. I had to have the old alarm removed when they removed it they also took out the red LED that showed the alarm was on and active. I figured that if I wanted some knowledgeable help this is the place to go. Well my question is how would I...
  20. E

KeyLess Entry Remote Starter??

I’m getting a Viper ‘Hornet’ Keyless entry and Remote Starter put into my 93xlt automatic, on Friday at circuit city. They want $169 for it installed plus it might be another $20 to remove my old one if he cant just snip the old wires. Anyway I was told it should take about 3 hours and the guy...
  21. E

left side cuts out?

toby campbell & JTang I had this same problem a wile back if you remember, My friend works at a place in NJ called auto image, well anyway i had the sane problem with my speakers cutting out what he did was run some kind of test on the amp and their was a short in it (channe l front-left)...
  22. E

Fixed the : AMP HELP??? problem

Thanks for your help JTang and jgriffin if you remember i had a big problem with my amp being stuck on when the car was off. Well what I did was removed the Pionner Premier unit and baught it to the warrenty repair dealer. Then I went and baught a Blaupunkt Key Largo DM2000 well this solved the...
  23. E

factory amps

I also have a 93 and the amp is in the back of passenger side panel, i was able to just remove the top part and the lright hatch side and stick my hand and pull the old plus off and put the harness in, this was pretty easy and saves time of removing the seat belt, you can't see what your doing...
  24. E

Big-B

BIG-B I think its just the head unit pioneer head units suck tahts the problem I just reciently had mine blow i asked around on this site and Ktang new exactly what it was , i had to bring it to a pioneer dealer (thank got their one right near me) they took it apart and said i blew the remote...
  25. E

AMP HELP???

the remote wire comes from the back of the head unit . i have the stock amp and the PA amp tapped into it. then it runs down the passenger side with the rcas then to the amp in the back
Back