Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Best Oil pan Gasket

Not sure how it could have. I like fel pro and have had good luck with them. I'll take it apart and see if something is wrong. But I don't see how there could be something wrong. Should I try using rtv where the gasket lip goes into the rear main seal?
  2. K

Best Oil pan Gasket

Hello everyone. I have installed my rebuilt engine and have put 3k miles on it. So in the last 500 miles my oil pan has started to leak in the rear next to the rear main seal in the corner of the oil pan. Ill put some pics on it up here for you guys to see. Anyways my question is, what oil pan...
  3. K

Rebuilt 5.0 valve train noise

Ok i will next time i dig into the engine, i checked my valve geometry by putting marker on the top of the valve stem and turned it over, the rocker arm was riding perfectly in the middle. My bad ill check my push rod length ounce i get my adjustable push rod
  4. K

bump :) ok i put a few shims only on the passenger side intake valves nothing else needed it. Put everything back together, Gapped my spark plugs to .054ths Started the truck, still a little rough idle and every valve seems to be ticking, but it may just maybe the cam? rough idle is probably...
  5. K

Ok here is an update, just pulled the valve covers, set to tdc, loosened the bolt for the intake rocker arm, set to 0 lash, then re-torqued it took about 11/16 of a turn to get to 17ft lbs, went to the exhaust side, did the same thing and it took about 5/8 of a turn. Then went to cylinder #3 and...
  6. K

Ok cool ill pull the valve covers, set #1 to TDC and check the pushrods, ill loosen the bolts then set them at 0 lash. Then Torque them to 17ft lbs, it should take 1/4 -1 turn if its more then 1 turn i should put a shim under it and try it again? Thanks for your help. I just put my Flowmaster 50...
  7. K

Ok so the push rods i got came in the comp cam kit They looked like the same size as stock. My rocker arms are non adjustable stock ones, i would need to buy a shim kit and put them under the rocker arms? Am i causing any damage by running the engine?
  8. K

Hello Everyone My name is Travis Blades, I have a 1998 ford explorer 5.0. I just rebuild the Engine, Trans, 4406 T-case Swap, and rebuilt the 8.8 rear end. Ok so on my engine i can hear my valves ticking at any rpm and at any temp. The engine has about 1.5hrs on it now. I was wondering if this...
  9. K

Oil Change "trick" or smart technique....

What about just using a little diesel fuel? :) My Grandpa always told me that trick but hes a old timer.
  10. K

Wicked Windsor's D44 Swap

Awww Very nice build :) I hope to be doing mine soon aswell doing the research now :P I like how your Y-links look
  11. K

3inch body lift now or later?

Hello everyone i have a 98 5.0 explorer with the engine, trans, t-case, seats, and counsle all out of it right now, I finished the trans rebuild and i'm almost done with the engine build. :) Also doing a BW4406 Manual T-case swap. So Before i put it all back together It would be alot easier to...
  12. K

Pac SWI-X Install help

After looking a little more, here is one of my other 20pin connectors, its under there instructions for a 99+ explorer http://www.pac-audio.com/swixprogramming/showstepbystep.asp?InterfaceChecked=1&RadioGroupPioneer=0&mmSearch=Ford&Submit2=Search+Vehicles&ID=186 Here they say use to white...
  13. K

Pac SWI-X Install help

Hello everyone, im installing a 6.5'' dvd player HU into my Explorer, i have a pac swi-x controller so i can keep my steering wheel radio control buttons. PAC says for my 1998 explorer i need to take the orange wire from the pac controller and splice it into my pin 9 of my 20 pin ford connector...
  14. K

Rocker arms vs Cam

Ok i heard back from Compcams, here is what he said "I recommend you look into one of my XTREME ENERGY camshafts part# 35-512-8, this cam will make a great low end increase in power to help with any off roading/towing you may run into" Ok so looking at...
  15. K

Rocker arms vs Cam

what would you guys think about this cam? Comp cam grind number XE250H-14 http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=812&sb=0 I have contacted comp cams waiting for a reply. So for off roading you want torque at a low rpm right? I also do some towing ounce in a while...
  16. K

Rocker arms vs Cam

ok so if i change my cam i cant keep my stock rocker arms? my 98 5.0 has 1.6 rocker arms right? if i change my rocker arms ill have to change my valve covers right?
  17. K

Rocker arms vs Cam

ok so if i change my cam i cant keep my stock rocker arms? my 98 5.0 has 1.6 rocker arms right? if i change my rocker arms ill have to change my valve covers right?
  18. K

Rocker arms vs Cam

Hello everyone, im building my 5.0 engine right now. And im trying to decide what performance parts to pick. So for $300 i can get my rebuild kit, Minus cam and lifters. For $690 i can get my complete kit with a custom cam and lifters. Or i can get some 1.7 rocker arms for $60. My explorer is...
  19. K

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone this is my first post on this forum. My name is Travis Blades, i live in Rancho cucamonga CA socal. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought a 1998 5.0 explorer EB. I have dropped the trannie and im now in the works of rebuilding it. Tomorrow i will probably pull...
Back