Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2017 MY Running Boards

DeLaSaAZ: Do you have the Ford part no for your running boards? According to the Ford parts website there isn't a running board for 2016 models.
  2. B

Autounlock Issue

Not yet. Problem just started last week. Thought it was Not yet. Problem seemed to be fixed after following Bill's instructions in Post # 2. Worked fine until yesterday.
  3. B

Autounlock Issue

Happened again. Haven't touched the information display since I reset to "all doors." Yesterday went to open with door handle and only driver's door unlocks. Check the display and it is showing "driver's door." Can the manner in which the car is locked (inside switch, fob, door keypad)...
  4. B

Autounlock Issue

No. Nobody's touched it except me since before itchanged to driver's side only.
  5. B

Autounlock Issue

Bill and Peter: Thanks. Followed Bill's instructions and it's working now. Don't know how the setting got changed. What was confusing was that even in the driver's door setting the passenger door handle would lock/unlock all doors. Need to check the door panel. Will update profile.
  6. B

Autounlock Issue

2016 Limited. Auto unlock feature has been unlocking all doors when I grab the driver side door handle. For the past few days, when I grab the handle only the driver's door unlocks. If I grab the passenger side door handle first all doors unlock. Haven't changed any settings (that I know of)...
  7. B

Keypad code for 2016

Jason: Thanks but I have to ask - where is the BCM located?
  8. B

Keypad code for 2016

Can somebody please tell me where I can find the factory code for the keypad on a 2016 Explorer? Thanks.
  9. B

Changed the battery, PATS disabled the ignition

Mike: Basically the same thing happened with my '04. I called a local locksmith shop. Fellow came out, hooked up his computer and in about 20 minutes reprogrammed the truck so my original two keys worked again. Cost was about $100, much less than the dealership. Mike
  10. B

ABS Light On - No Code

I had to replace the master cylinder switch about 6 mos before the hubs because of ABS light and no cruise control. New switch cured both issues.
  11. B

ABS Light On - No Code

I junked the originals as soon as I took them off.
  12. B

ABS Light On - No Code

With the light on I certainly thought there should be a code(s). Both places said their tool could read ABS codes.
  13. B

ABS Light On - No Code

2004 XLT. Replaced both front hubs with new ones from Advance Auto. Shortly afterward, ABS light comes on and has stayed on. Have taken it for code scans to two different places (Advance, AutoZone). Both times scan tool cannot show any codes for ABS. What could cause light to be on but no...
  14. B

Abs codes.

I've got the opposite problem. ABS light is always on but 2 different Advance Auto Parts places scanned and not showing any code.
  15. B

2004 Ford Explorer Wont Start Theft Light Blinking rapidly

When I had the problem I had full battery power (lights, radio, fan, etc.) and didn't get the low battery "clicking" when I tried to start. Just the rapidly blinking alaem light and 1 click under the hood. The locksmith who came out and reprogrammed the keys didn't have a real technical...
  16. B

2004 Ford Explorer Wont Start Theft Light Blinking rapidly

I had the identical problem. The key needed to be reprogrammed. Can tow it to dealer and they will do it. $$$ I called a local locksmith who advertised they could reprogram at my home. He came out, hooked up his computer and 20 minutes later everthing was fine. $100.
  17. B

No Crank, "theft" light blinking rapidly

Had this same problem on 2004 XLT. Called mobile locksmith who came out with computer, reprogrammed the two keys I had and it started right up. $100 and didn't have to have it towed to the dealer.
  18. B

help ABS light ???

I had that problem before the hubs were replaced. new pressure switch was put in about 6 months before hubs were replaced.
  19. B

help ABS light ???

Have a similkar problem on my '04 XLT. About a month after replacing both front hubs the ABS light comes on every time I start up. Doesn't flash - just continuous glow while ignition is on. No braking issues.
  20. B

2004 Explorer won't start, just clicks-not battery

I had to have my keys reprogrammed earlier this week. Local locksmith shop had a computer that could do it. Came out to my houe, 15 minutes later the keys worked again. Didn't have to tow it or pay dealer rates. Check with local locksmiths.
  21. B

Squirrel Got Me

2004 XLT 4.0. Went to start this morning. Turned over but wouldn't start. Lifted the hood to find a squirrel in a nest that had been built in the v area above the manifold. Thing had chewed through several of the small wires. Can anybody direct me to an engine wiring diagram and maybe some...
  22. B

Front Wheel Bearing - Left or Right

replaced the right hub - no difference. Replaced the left and all is quiet. Wasn't a bad job but mine is a 2WD.
Back