Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Crazy Problem

Well if i've understood from other posts on here the mass air flow sensor has a wire inside of it that detects the temperature of the air, and maybe there is an underlying problem that is causing it to become dirty. Check codes to see what could possibly be cause the MAF to go bad. I could be...
  2. C

1993 explorer starting/running problem

Try looking at the fuel trip switch too, it turns the flow of fuel off in the event of a crash. I think its under the floor carpet on either the driverside or the passenger side i cant remember.
  3. C

bad alternater bad everything ?

And what does the hall effect have to do with this? We can't help you if you are incoherent.
  4. C

bad alternater bad everything ?

Dude i think you need some help with punctuation and grammar before we can even understand what the heck you are talking about. I seriously don't know what you are asking us, it seems like you are talking to yourself.
  5. C

Flawless Cowboy, 91 xlt Exploder

update Well its been awhile since i have posted anything on here, future updates on my explorer will probably be a new paint job... more than likely it will be a rattle can. I'm also thinking of putting on a set of second gen explorer rims, post pics after its done.
  6. C

My Explorer rolled over 200,000 miles!

I have the xtra trans cooler and i don't tow anything, i figure i will be fine. Honestly should i go to a pick and pull for a manual transfer case or should i buy a newer one? Money is a little tight right now, and i wasn't trying to be a d*** about the manual transmission...:) i've seen the...
  7. C

Man does everyone on here have a manual transmission fetish lol?... i really haven't had any transmission issues, personally it would be too much work to put a stick in my truck. Not to mention i have never seen or heard from my mechanic friend of a clutch going out in an auto... I can...
  8. C

What is the max tire size on this exploder?
  9. C

For sure im going to get some cans of engine degreaser and clean it up, first im going to get rid of the front lights on the brush guard and paint the brush guard black. I was also thinking of switching rims to a set of second gen ones i have laying around.
  10. C

Haha this is very true! I think you guys convinced me to keep it... any suggestions on what to upgrade?
  11. C

well seeing as how we both have newer cars and the escape does better in the snow and it gets almost twice the gas mileage... i don't really want to.
  12. C

My x rolled over 200,000 miles about a month ago, my wife insisted that i get a new car so we got a 2011 ford escape. I tried selling the explorer but no one wants to pay over $400 for the thing so i'm stuck with it i guess... any suggestions on what to do with it? it still runs and drives...
  13. C

serious crunching and popping noise.

Hey its been awhile since i have posted but i don't where else to turn, it seems now that every time i come to a stop i hear a crunching noise in the front end. It also makes a popping noise when i turn the wheel while i have my foot on the brake pedal. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
  14. C

Flawless Cowboy, 91 xlt Exploder

I know I haven't posted any updates for awhile but today I had to replace the idler pulley, future mods... possibly going to paint it cause the paint is peeling in a few places. This summer I have to replace the whole sun roof cause it leaks:(
  15. C

Strange squeak from front of truck

The calipers for some reason don't mesh together very well, so don't think that's where the sound is coming from, definetly check those pins asap.
  16. C

Possibly... is it a constant squeal as the truck is moving or Is it every once in a while? I once had one of the brake caliper pins come out and scape against my rim and that made a loud screeching noise as I drove around. And it was right after doing my brakes...
  17. C

Could be the radius arm bushings or ball joints
  18. C

high idle after 1 hour of driving

Mine did the same thing just before a fuel injector went bad.
  19. C

questions about my 4.0

All I know about the rangers engines are that they had the 2.3l and the 2.9l not the 4.0l. The 4.0 was in the explorers.
  20. C

Starting Issue

Sounds like a bad battery.
  21. C

front end question

Yes there are bushings that need to be replaced for the radius arm. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287596
  22. C

Bad ball joints perhaps?

Well today jacked it up and found play with wheel bearing, I fixed it replaced the same one about 2 years ago so I guess I gotta do it again ugh... and I couldn't really see too much play on the ball joints but now today I'm getting loud squeaks from front end so I might just replace wheel...
  23. C

Bad ball joints perhaps?

I am having issues with my front end suspension, it makes a popping noise when I reverse and turn the wheel to the left. It also makes a grunting noise when I come to a stop. Also my old tire on the front driver side was wearing on the outer wall. I think it might be bad ball joints but im not...
  24. C

Steering clicking/popping on 93 EB

I have the same exact thing going on too, I only hear it when I back up an turn the wheel to the right. Not really sure what it is but it doesn't bother me too bad.... still would like to know as well. I think it might either be the radius arm bushing or a bad ball joint...
Back