Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Keyless entry pad code location

Did you follow the instructions in your Owner's Manual? When you punch in the factory default code, you should have heard something. Did you hear anything after you entered the code?
  2. C

Not starting - speedometer / tachometer needles going crazy

Thank you for your replies. It turns out I needed a new battery. Thanks again.
  3. C

Not starting - speedometer / tachometer needles going crazy

I have a 2004 Ford Explorer. I drove my car home from work, out it in park, and then shut it off. I went inside for an hour and when I went to start it, nothing. I didn't leave any accessories on, didn't leave a door open, nothing. When I tried to start it, only the airbag symbol in the...
  4. C

Water build up in back tail light

I haven't noticed where my water was coming from however, I drilled (4) mini holes in the very bottom of the housing and so far, so good.
  5. C

What have you done with the "wasted" space in the center console?

Thanks for that link! I wish I was able to do great work like that.
  6. C

Water build up in back tail light

I seem to get water inside the rear tail light housing. What would be the best way to get the water out and then "seal" the housing? It's for a 2004 Explorer XLT. Thanking you in advance.
  7. C

Blinkers blink and then stop blinking

Both? You think it could be a Fuse about to short?
  8. C

Noisy brakes on a 2004 Explorer XLT

Thanks! I'll give those a try. I can't honestly answer what type of pads were installed as I am far from Mechanically inclined. I had them done at a Firestone dealer as I was originally there to get 4 new tires.
  9. C

Sorry for the photos being so big. Don't get me wrong, I love that space as well but its time for a change.
  10. C

Blinkers blink and then stop blinking

I have a 2004 Explorer XLT. Lately when I put either directional on, it will blink and then sometimes, stop blinking and stay lit. This happens on both blinkers. Please help.
  11. C

Noisy brakes on a 2004 Explorer XLT

When I bough this back in 2008 used, the brakes always squealed when I put my foot on the brake. Last summer, I got all new brakes on all 4 tires. To this day, the brakes still squeal? Would anyone know why?
  12. C

The title says it all. What have you done with the "wasted" space in the center console? I ask because I was thinking of making something to hold all my gadgets. Any ideas? Don't mind the mess.
  13. C

Keyless entry pad code location

Thank you! Nicely done. This was very helpful! You are the best.
  14. C

Plow on an Explorer?

I totally agree. That's why they are known as Ford Exploders. Ha ha Must be nice. We ALWAYS get snow in the Winter.
  15. C

Plow on an Explorer?

Just out of curiosity, has anyone put a plow on their Explorer? Not one of those little ones, but the ones you would see on a Utility truck? Just curious.
  16. C

Right rear window sounds like its sticking

Recently, every time I roll down the right rear window in my 2004 Explorer, it sounds like its stuck in the upper part of the jam for a quick second, then continues to go down. I checked to see if there was anything making it "stick" to the jam and I can't seem to find anything. If this...
  17. C

Dump question about resetting the keyless entry

Newbie here so please be easy. I have a 2004 Explorer that I bought used and did not come with the "wallet" card that had the factory code on it. After doing some research on the internet, I was told to remove the rear interior panel by the seat belt to access the computer which should have...
Back