Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

New owner of 2004 Limited

welcome congrats bro u bought a beauty! welcome to the family.
  2. C

98 5.0 awd rough ride

ok my 98 limited seems very rough on bumps. I have replaced all of the shocks, ball joints, tie rod ends,tires,torsion adjustments and allignment. still a pretty rough ride. could my leaf springs which i suspect are a little tired cause it to ride bad on rough surfaces? and is it just me but...
  3. C

91-09 Explorer 5" of lift for under 300.00

spring over + add a leaf - 98 ltd 5.0 awd 99ex22, Great job buddy. Very helpful stuff. just kinda wondering about spring over axle, that should be good for a couple inches right? and if it is do they sell a kit? and also im thinking my stock springs are a little wore out am i fine with an...
  4. C

Explorer Suddenly wouldn't Start, please help

lots of stuff can make it not turn over. batt cables turn the key on and hit thwe headlights if u have no lights or wipers its batt or cables. your shift linkage might not be adjusted right and youre not hittin park or nuetral. inspect wires at battery,solenoid, and your ignition switch. starter...
  5. C

chainsawjay's red 98 limited 5.0

ok explorers, heres my baby. got it right around a year ago. not really anything spectacular(yet). i have put a lot of money into maintenance type stuff to keep her opperating nice n smooth. lets see all ball joints replaced, tie rods, 4 new sway bar links, all new h.d. shocks, all new...
  6. C

my reverse is goofy,98 limited 5.0 awd

yeah bout 3 blocks i did, pretty foolish i know. It was like ten below zero, i started it and took right off. i dont think heat could be an issue it didnt run long enough to warm anything up. BUT i did run it between 4 or 5 quarts low, defenitely not good. it was fine though the next 3 or 4...
  7. C

my reverse is goofy,98 limited 5.0 awd

ok long story short. i broke a hose out of the tranny cooler and pumped about 5 quarts of fluid . I fixed the line and bought some new fluid. i live in a tiny town with one parts store and all they had was KENDALL VERSATRANS fluid which i was very hesitant on buying but the bottle said...
  8. C

My great mess... 95 limited

so u have a pretty nasty prob. i know that if the motor is running funky it can mess with the trans your egr prob may contribute with the tranny malfunctions. but i have also heard that the flashing o.d. light usually means mechanical probs inside the trans. sensors and vacuumes defenitely...
  9. C

65 mph on up vibration

my guess would be universals. They can be pretty deceiving, a good test is to watch rpms. hit 60 and shut off the overdrive when it shifts down you shld feel a change in severity if it stays the same its more than likeley not driveline. i had the same prob for weeks and went through everything...
  10. C

65 mph on up vibration

my guess would be universals. They can be pretty deceiving, a good test is to watch rpms. hit 60 and shut off the overdrive when it shifts down you shld feel a change in severity if it stays the same its more than likeley not driveline. i had the same prob for weeks and went through everything...
  11. C

97 EX 302 4r70w reverse lockup question

Dang SORRY TO HERE ABOUT THE TRANNY PROBS. you shld really look into a rebuild, i think you would be way better off. more than likely you are going to get a high mile trans from a junkyard with maybe a 90 day warranty if your lucky for around five hundred bucks. spend the extra and im sure...
Back