Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

How to install cabin air filter [PICTURES]

Cabin filter Thanks for the thread . it's great , does this work for all explorers or it's just cretin models . i have 2006 explorer xlt , would the same work also on my explorer
  2. X

Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback)

External Cooler So basiclly the transmission oil will pass through both radiator & external cooler then back to the transmission , or its just the external cooler & it has nothing to do with the main radiator ???
  3. X

How to install cabin air filter [PICTURES]

great is it in the same place on 2006 explorers
  4. X

hi guys

Hi every one Two days ago i was driving normally & all of a sudden the car shuts off in the middle of the street , i had to fire it up again & move And it did start directly , went to the repair shop , the guys there told me that i have to change the fuel rail pressure sensor any ideas...
  5. X

trans cooler how then do you cool the transmission fluid , when the fluid is passing through the trans cooler, how is it cooled down or just by passing through the cooler it cools down by air . where is it located exactly :exp::exp::exp:
  6. X

Trans Cooler Hi guys what kind of liquid is inside the trans cooler , is it the same coolant of the radiator or different all together , is there a trans cooler for the Explorer 2006 & where is exactly
  7. X

transmission / please please help

yes you are right , but does the radiator has anything to do with cooling the transmission fluids ,
  8. X

it seems that it's happening on first & second gear , I've noticed that it disappears for a while when i change the engine oil & filter , one more thing , I'm located in Riyadh-Saudi Arabia , it's 55 Degrees C ,it feels like it's happening in hot weather , could it be overheating , since i have...
  9. X

Dear All This is Very important , i started feeling issues with the transmission , when it's shifting between gears It lunges, jolts, doesn't engage and sometimes the transmission slams into gear so hard that it feels like I just got rear ended with a big bang please help me , i had a...
  10. X

Coolant Flush/Fuel Filter

not the radiator bleeder , i'm talking about the coolant system bleeder Eric the car guy used it in this video , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpXgAJ1gjU
  11. X

thanks , two questions 1. how much in litres can the radiator hold when full , 2. where is the location of the bleeder screw in 2006 ford explorer .
  12. X

can i ask one thing , how can you tell if it's 50/50 , you mix the liquids out side then fill it in the radiator or there are indeicators on the radiator that i don't know about or maybe on the coolant gallon it self please i need an answer
  13. X

Ignition Coil

I Have a 2006 explorer XLT , And i keep having issues with engines that some times it's shaking & RPM Drops , now i bought the plugs the cables & i'm thinking to buy the Coil as well but it's rather expensive , that's way i need to check first then decide weather to change it or not ,
  14. X

Please fix my Eddie! 4.6 Stalling at idle when revved.

but will it drop to almost zero marker a few times then back to normal, its like if the car is going to stop or shutdown , i mean it happens for 3 or 4 times , and sometimes i hit the gas just to get it to normal , is this normal??
  15. X

Ignition Coil

Nothing
  16. X

can you please tell me why then when ever i start the AC , the RPM drops & it feels like if the car is about to stop or shutdown
  17. X

Ignition Coil

i have a ford explorer 2006 & i'm trying to replace the ignition coil or at least check if mine is damaged , could you please tell me what's the low & high voltage readings on a new coil pack in ohm's the below is my coil pack specs found by vin No# on motorcraft site Part Number...
  18. X

2002 Ford Explorer XLT -- side mirror courtesy lights don't work.

Could it be an optional thing? meaning that it's for Specific types or models , or it does come by default with all explorers
  19. X

2002 Ford Explorer XLT -- side mirror courtesy lights don't work.

i'm facing the same issue , could it be a broken fuse if so ! where is the location of the fuew
  20. X

Iac Hi Everybody could you please tell me where is the location of the IAC valve in a 2006 explorer XLT Please include a picture with a highlighted IAC Exact location Thnaks
  21. X

Overdrive

thanks alot i'll keep it on from now on very helpfull , thanks
  22. X

Overdrive

Hi there I just got a Ford explorer 2006 And i need to know about over drive button on the gear stick ,what is it for, And when you're driving in the city should you turn it on or off , & if it says O/D off on the dashboard , this means that over drive is off or on , Please help ...
  23. X

Air Intake Whistling noise

AC Issue hi There I just bought a 2006 XLT Explorer & I'm facing an issue with the AC considering that it's an explorer , first of all I live & work in Saudi Arabia , the temp out side right now is 50C , I always feel like the AC is not giving that much , I know it's too hot in here but...
Back