Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Hacking cars computer systems

Another good reason to keep the old stuff. Kind of hard to hack a carb and D-spark setup. Stupid hackers.
  2. B

2015 Expedition

solid axles? driver selectable gearboxes would also be nice....
  3. B

2015 F-150 LED headlights are designed to last as long as the truck.

two things here. 1) <where> is the hub cab in the second picture? 2) so, this means that the headlights should make it to the end of the warranty, like the tuck is supposed to do?
  4. B

2.8 to 4.0, Motor Mount and gas tank Question

you simply bolt the 2.8 brackets to the 4.0 block. Passenger side bracket has an "ear" on the front end that you need to trim off. engine mounts on frame are 2.8 specific. fuel system, used correct sending unit for the BII (86, I believe. there is a change in Ohm scale), 1st gen "X" pump...
  5. B

Another cab leak

the rear hatch seal is a "peel out, peel in" type, like the old style windshield gaskets. sounds crazy, but, if the seal is still in good condition, just stiff/slightly shrunken, pull it, and coat it heavily in Vaseline. leave it alone for a couple of days. come back, wipe off the Vaseline, and...
  6. B

How to: Steering mod: Rag Joint to U-joint ZJ Shaft

is on the "do while broke down currently" list. thanks for the info FR-425!
  7. B

How to: Steering mod: Rag Joint to U-joint ZJ Shaft

Are you doing this using parts from an XJ (regular, square Cherokee) or a ZJ (Grand Cherokee) is a <BIG> difference here.
  8. B

Only the coolest 4X4 ever to be created by man! if it was made.

Hmm. Something to do with some of the "leftovers" that I have piled up inside and behind the barn.... that, and the windshield off of an old skiboat.
  9. B

NHSTA's latest attempt to save us all..

Had the experience/ MIS-fortune to drive a 2012 International Prostar with alot of this crap. Stupid "avoidance" system sensor was slightly out of adjustment, and every time that someone would pass me, the F'ing computer would "apply" the brakes. The, the portside (driver for you "normal" types)...
  10. B

TPMS - chime is driving me crazy

it can, if you have full size spare. not sure about the "temporary" one.
  11. B

TPMS - chime is driving me crazy

Check the spare tire?
  12. B

'97 V8 with 4406 and problems...

So, using the older "push button" 4wd setup would, in theory, work on the 5.0 AWD trucks, correct?
  13. B

Wondering what mods would be best suited for mudding and daily driving.

The stripe can be removed in a couple of ways: 1) chemically- go find some sticker/decal remover at a large truck service center, like a Penske or such. This is a spray on, peel off deal. FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS. 2) A high powered hairdryer/heatgun. As for wheels, I tend to use the later model...
  14. B

My 85 B2 w/4.0 swap and more...

This guy(? My daughter and wife are building up the 94 "X" that belongs to my wife, hence the ?) is getting with it on the buildup! Welcome and Rock on on the build up.
  15. B

91-94 Bumper Guard Plans?????

IF you are going to "tie" anything to the front frame rails, make darn sure that it also connects AND re-enforces the rails, as there is nothing for support out there. The first crossmember is under the engine!
  16. B

Wondering what mods would be best suited for mudding and daily driving.

The "lunch box" style lockers are a "drop in" install into your existing diff. No fancy set up required, just a bit of attention to detail. The Aussie lockers are going to be my next "build" items.
  17. B

need help please 1991 ford ranger 2.3

Have you verified that the cam/piston timing is correct? IT is trickier than what you would think on the 2.3.I have a 90 Ranger with a 2.3 and had to RE-verify the cam timing.
  18. B

Do you plan on modifying your Explorer in '13??

The "accountant" gave me THE NOD to "waste my tax return" however I want.... :D :hammer: :sawzall: Hmmm.... $6,817.88 to spend on the "X". Hmmmmmmm..................
  19. B

First Gen mod pics

Man, I thought that this was OUR "X" for a minute there... SAME color, lift (it looks like) and tires. Kinda freaky, you know? Still looks good.
  20. B

Parts Yard Prop Rod - What do you use?

Hey, Koda. Watch out for the shipping on those low prices... I used the hood prop from an old Heep Cherokee on our 98 Mounty. It mounts on the pass. side innner fender, and uses a metal clip to keep it from flopping around. Looks like a factory install, too.
  21. B

Whats on your "Most Wanted List"?

No. 1 MOST WANTED is currently a new windshield, as the current one caught a rock today.
  22. B

Your First Modification

On our 98 Mounty, I threw the stupid frikkin plastic "bumper cover" ( WTH is a bumper "cover" anyways??? ) in the trash the day that it came home, and removed the rest of the junk so that I could install a metal bumper that I found in the junkyard. I think that it was from a 95-96 model. It even...
  23. B

Solved Real problem why 1996 Explorer doors won't open....

Koda, for the work and the frustration involved, you'd be ahead to simply replace the handle, even though all we can get are the same pieces. The design is faulty from the beginning. My 11 year old son has gotten to be "really" good at changing them out....
  24. B

relocating air box, anybody done it?

When I swapped a 4.0 into my 84 BII, I put the filter on the D/S using a simple setup. I used the TB to airbox hose from a late model Heep Cherokee to run from the 4.0 to a V8 MAF housing, which is supported by a brace mounted to the A/C comp.,then a 60* silicone coupler to make the turn and...
  25. B

What do you drive?? Explorer? Ranger? Aerostar?? Other??

I don't know for sure, but, I think that I just "might" be able to claim "win" status here: I trade (daily) between the 89 Ranger Scab, 90 SWB Ranger, 84 LWB Ranger, along with the 84 BII, 94 X, and the 98 Mounty for DD. My work ride also happens to be an 07 Ranger :party: Oh, and they ALL...
Back