Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Trouble codes 159.512 on 93 explorer

Thank you I will check the wiring.
  2. G

Thank you for the advice but at this point it doesn't matter what he did. I did a diagnostic after I fixed the check engine light and came up with these codes. So I decided to disconnect the battery overnight and run the tests again. Same codes. Engine temp never ran high. Engine on code...
  3. G

Well the temperature issue is good. It has not run high at all since the thermostat and radiator replacement. The truck ran great for about 2 weeks after the o2 sensors and crank shaft sensor were replaced. Then all of a sudden it started acting up again. Mechanic came to my work and...
  4. G

I have been having trouble with my 93 Eddie Bauer explorer. I have had a mobile mechanic come out and try and figure this out. The truck would lose power like it was starving for gas. The temp gauge would go sky high. So long story short this is what has been replaced. Thermostat, radiator...
  5. G

Low beam on one headlight out

Sorry it took so long to respond. Thanks for all of the input. Even though the bulb looked fine it was the bulb.
  6. G

Low beam on one headlight out

1994 Eddie Bauer. Just wanted to know where to start looking on the cause of the low beam being out on one headlight. Replaced the bulb and that didn't fix it.
  7. G

93 eddie bauer egr valve location

Well that is good to know. I guess just a simple tune up is in order. The idle is a little funky when I let off the gas. That is why I did the code check. Plus she sounds a little throaty in the exhaust. Not really loud but louder than she used to be. Kind of brings back memories of the old...
  8. G

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Tina_Barrett_Baker_Elleman/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141214_180240_zps621a5496.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]
  9. G

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Tina_Barrett_Baker_Elleman/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141214_180319_zps790bd71d.jpg.html][/URL]
  10. G

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Tina_Barrett_Baker_Elleman/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20141214_180240_zps621a5496.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]
  11. G

Can't seem to upload a pic. But I pulled a code 33.
  12. G

Can't seem to find it. I looked on the driver's side of the manifold. Unless it is hidden up underneath some wires and hoses and stuff it is not there. Maybe I have had too long of a day. I am stumped.
  13. G

I have a 93 Eddie Bauer 4.0. Now some people say it is a 94 since it was manufactured in August of 93 but I always go by 93. Did a paperclip diagnostic and it came up with a code for the egr valve. I can not find it to save my life. Does anyone have pictures or diagrams they can post. Thanks
  14. G

pulling steering wheel

I already tried with just the column covers off. I need to take off the wheel. Thanks for all the replies. I will get a puller.
  15. G

pulling steering wheel

OK that answered my question. Thank you. There are no airbags but I think I am just going to have someone else do it that really knows what they are doing. My luck is not the best when it comes to this stuff.
  16. G

pulling steering wheel

How hard is it to pull and put back on a steering wheel from a 93 Eddie Bauer explorer? I need to get to the ignition switch.
  17. G

93 Eddie Bauer sometimes starts sometimes doesn't

Thanks for all of the replies. Would the gauge in my explorer still read good also? This battery has been tested twice. I hope the battery is all it is. A quick fix.
  18. G

93 Eddie Bauer sometimes starts sometimes doesn't

My explorer all of a sudden decides it sometimes doesn't want to start. When I turn the key it doesn't even make a sound. The lights, radio and gauges work. It will start if I get a jump. Now this doesn't happen all of the time. I went to Autozone and they replaced a cable connector on the...
  19. G

ABS and electrical problem

Today I was in a parking lot, not going very fast at all, when someone did not see me and went to back out their space. I hit the brakes and honked my horn at the same time and that is when my 93 explorer went haywire. The radio cut out and the engine was erratic. If I cut the blower off on...
  20. G

Learned a lot

I just joined today. I have to tell this story. A hose had blown from the water pump to the heater core. I thought this is an easy fix. So I fixed the hose turned on the engine and got a check engine light. So did an internet search, found this forum got reading and found out how to check...
Back