Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Help diagnose random misfire

So 99% sure its the injectors. Ran the canister thing through the fuel test port and it seems to have helped. I tried taking the intake manifold off, and had everything disconnected that I could see. Something was still holding it in, and after I broke a vacuum line I said screw it and put it...
  2. S

Not saying your wrong, but everywhere I’ve read says about 40 with engine off, then about 30 at idle is all within specs for these things. The only reason I’m skeptical about it behind fuel pump is when I’m accelerating lightly it won’t miss, but if I try letting off to where it keeps a constant...
  3. S

Someone had lost my fuel rail adapter so I’ve had a hard time finding one without spending 50 bucks. Key on engine off it was running about 38 psi, while at idle it held 30 psi without moving, while still missing. I’m pulling the injectors today to see if I can find someone to flow test/ clean...
  4. S

Stupid excuse, but I don’t have a compression tester lol. 0351 and 0353 say that there’s an issue in the ignition system between pcm and spark plug. 0122 is for throttle position sensor, and it passes all the tests. The fact that wires look good and it’s affecting multiple systems is really...
  5. S

Hey all, Been a while since I've been on here, but you've helped me in the past so why not try again. My 96 4.0 was running great with almost 150k on it. I went to dinner one night and stopped by my buddies house on my way home. When I started it up, could almost immediately tell is was...
  6. S

Ranger 3.0 heads question

When I talked to the machine shop they said just get new ones
  7. S

Ranger 3.0 heads question

Well my girlfriends 2004 ranger edge has a recessed exhaust valve, so it’s time for new heads. Ive been looking around but haven’t really found all that much. I know the stock ones are built crappy, but what’s a good aftermarket set to throw on? I figure we should get new valves for it as well...
  8. S

Pre runner build

How much that btf lt kit cost ya?
  9. S

Bumper fitment

Well I could fab some way to attach it but the brackets are different. I think I'm just gonna wait til I learn how to weld so I can make one that fits my needs a little better. Liiiike having a skidplate, and not sticking down so low. Besides what's the point of d rings on a bumper when the...
  10. S

Bumper fitment

I know there's loads of posts about bumpers but I couldn't find anything on this. I have a 96 explorer, my buddy has an 04 ranger edge. I have stock bumper on, he has his stock one with some added support and d rings. Just wondering if the edge has the same frame width as the explorers or...
  11. S

Carlovers Desert Beater Build

Just saw all your stuff for sale on dezertrangers. Sad to see and even sadder I'm broke as **** haha
  12. S

bbk 66mm help

Whats up guys, just have a quick question. I have a flowmaster 10(super loud), and k&n oversized filter that deletes the box. I'm wondering if the bbk 66mm is worth getting. I also wonder that if I do get it, should I get a tune and what programmer/chip would work best? if your wondering its the...
  13. S

'96 Explorer 4.0 OHV Performance Mods?

Just wondering did you ever end up doing anything to that? If you still have it laying around look into Morana v6 racing, they have a website that seems to have fun stuff.
  14. S

Sounds good to me, I see that he has a kit for 1500 that comes with Spindles uppers and Dana 35 snouts which I know are usually the weak link, but it says it's a 6 inch lift, so that kinda confusing. Do you think that his are more solid than the fab tech ones? Pretty similar prices, but 6 inches...
  15. S

I've been following this thread for years now haha. I just have a couple questions you might be able to answer. In the next couple months here I'll be starting to go back to work so that means I get to actually put some money into the ex! I have a buddy that has a set of btf uppers on his chevy...
  16. S

Couple of window issues

Just took my panel off and everything seems to be aligned pretty straight and nothing looks broken. When I roll it up and down it doesn't go crooked at all and I just have to help pull it up and down, doesn't really matter location of where I pull really. However if I let go it jams right up...
  17. S

Couple of window issues

Well thank you very much for all your input on my slurry of problems haha, I'm gonna try to start playing with it today if I have the time. I'm just making sure I understand correctly, the whole window lock stuck on could be caused by the driver channel being broken?
  18. S

Couple of window issues

I just posted about about my driver door rattling, but decided to make a separate post for these issues. One started before I jumped/mudded in it and one after but I forget which was first. First off my driver window still has power but it's like it gets stuck sometimes and I have to push on...
  19. S

Driver door rattle

Hey guys so my explorer makes some noises, but this one is unbearable. My driver door closes and locks with no door ajar light. However, when I'm driving it rattles, and I can also push it closed all the way closed from the outside. It only seems to be not aligned right the top half of the door...
  20. S

4.0 ohv performance parts/ build questions

Oh and forgot to mention I did these and was hoping it was due to my fuel pump going out, but I replaced that and overall it runs a lot better but the rpm drop without shifting gears just confuses me
  21. S

Alright so I put on the flow master super 10 and the k&n oversized filter, which ended up making the air box mod basically nonexistent. It sounds great but as expected, not much power gain. The only thing is when I'm in 3rd gear punching it it'll get to about 3500 rpm then drops down like 400...
  22. S

Also I have the 4R55E with 3.73 gearing, stock tires for now but I wanna throw on the camburg 6.0 performance dual shock kit as well
  23. S

Well just ordered a flow master super 10 because the California doesn't like cherry bombs I guess
  24. S

Hey guys! So I have been debating whether I wanted to do a slow build on my 96 4.0 ohv or wait til it blows up and drop in a 5.0. Well I want power now and the motor swap just seems way to expensive and difficult for me to do for a while. I've decided I'm going to start with my 80,000 mile motor...
  25. S

4.0 OHV & SOHC Go Fast Goodies!!

All about gearing
Back