Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

New member needs help asap!

Are you pouring pure antifreeze into the radiator? if so it has a higher boiling point than a mix, a 50/50 mix of anitfreeze and water will last much longer. Hope this helps Best of luck.
  2. M

1994 explorer 4X4

try driving in reverse for a bit this should unlock your hubs
  3. M

Having Trouble With Finding Where A Anti-Freeze Leak Is Coming From On My 92 Explorer

theres a dye kit you can buy at your local parts store comes with the dye and a black light, you clean up all your hoses and seals and put the dye in hit the lights and you'll see the die clear as day.
  4. M

Tranny? Clutch? other serious issue?? HELP

hows the freeplay on the clutch pedal? does it disengage once you hit the pedal or are you finding yourself pushing it all the way down.
  5. M

Wanted timing set on 4.0 sohc

nevermind.. only elite explorers can post there ='(
  6. M

Wanted timing set on 4.0 sohc

try the 911 forum i've already set up a new post for ya there it'll be titled the same as this post since i dont have the authority to move posts.
  7. M

New here from L.A.

Welcome to the site check some of the forums down below!
  8. M

Couldn't pull out the key from ignition

i had this problem on a 2011 subaru i had to push it in then turn it slightly then it finally came out.. weirdest thing. think its just a new care kinda thing. anyway play with it a bit see what comes of it!
  9. M

2003 Explorer XLT Runs Rich

Might be a bad injector, not sure if that would cause a check engine light though.
  10. M

Greetings

Well i spoke to my teacher and he said that he wouldnt risk a flush over lik 50'000 miles bc it may damage some components and you'll need a new tranny anyway. but yea just change the filter and add fluid as needed.
  11. M

Too many problems 1991 explorer

it never cut off but i did have some idle problems.
  12. M

Hey all! New to the Forums, Not the car world.

Welcome aboard sir! Glad to have you here.
  13. M

What mods should I do?

it looks like your lights are a bit foggy polishing them would help make it look nicer and help ya see at night that and a set of new bulbs i used a 10$ kit from turtle wax and a sales associate helped me out with the bulbs at my local autozone, ofcourse if its already done then :clap:
  14. M

Greetings

Welcome to the wonderful world of membership! As for the tranny problem i havent the foggiest on this problem but im currently taking a class on transmissions and i can ask my teacher and hopefully have an answer by tommorow.
  15. M

I'm new and I don't know much about cars.

welcome to the forums! Don't worry about not knowing too much about cars, The veterans here are extremely helpful and often provide step by step guides.
  16. M

New from long island ny

Welcome to the forum man, may i ask where in LI you are, not many of us on here and i'd like to be able to get a couple of meets going on for us and NJ
  17. M

Too many problems 1991 explorer

Is the gas smell coming from the rear or front of the car because i had a similar problem not to long ago and it was just my fuel line, as for the overheating has the coolant been changed recently. Water leaking sounds like your hoses though. but i'm just going with what i know perhaps some of...
  18. M

my 92 X "personality disorder"

Oh pish posh. there isnt anything safer than taking your only car offroad where horrible horrible things can happen.
  19. M

Newbie here

welcome to the forums man, there are a lot of great people here who are all very helpful
  20. M

Welcome good sir.
  21. M

my 92 X "personality disorder"

Looks great man, would look better covered in mud though
  22. M

showing off my x want to see what yall think

Check the classifieds, some1 is selling a 1st gen winch bumper "front" and it looks fantastic, i believe hes asking 400 for it.
  23. M

What mods should I do?

You can also do a bunch of cosmetic stuff, some interior neons look really nice if you have a leather interior, i just recently took my roof racks off make it a tad different then any other road going explorer and plan on Painting the Ford on the rear like the old Trucks. all of these are either...
Back