Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

What's the Largest Tire...?

Hello Forum...I've got a '93 Ford Ranger 2wd, extended cab. I want to put some 15x7 or 15x8 rims on it. What is the largest tire I can put under there without clearance issues? Thanks
  2. S

An Apparent Miss While At Idle

Could Be Bad Gas I drove it to London yesterday and had no problems. I think this English gas might be the problem. I've changed almost everything else for the timing chain. I will do that when I got back stateside next year. Thanks
  3. S

Need to replace rotars in '92 xlt, HELP?

Haynes Manual Invest in a Haynes manual. That should explain everything you need.
  4. S

An Apparent Miss While At Idle

I have a 91 X-EB with 136,x.. miles. I've noticed lately that I have developed what seems to be a miss while at idle in and out of gear. I have good acceleration and I have no starting problems. There is no noticeable change in the RPMs or registering on the tachometer. Any idea what I can...
  5. S

Battery or Starter problem?

I think you may have gotten your alternator wet and possible burned out the diodes. It happened to me 3 weeks ago. If you jump start, once it's running, take a look at your volt guage. At normal charging, the needle should point near the "M" on normal. If you get it started and the...
  6. S

'92 auto hub clicking

Try taking in back and forth between 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive low a few times. Has it been awhile since you've used your 4 wheel drive?
  7. S

fuel gauge not working

Your float is full of fuel. The seam on the float has a hole in it. The float is sold separately at the dealership for about $5. The job isn't all that hard. Best to have the tank empty first. Makes the job alot easier. The tank should be plastic (mine is) which makes it a job you can do...
  8. S

Clunk front front when braking

Check your radius arm bushings. Since you are driving a '95, it might be time to replace those. I've replaced them on my 91 and my father's 94
  9. S

Help...Brake lights out!

This is an odd one. You might check for relays under the hood. Check the flasher for the turn signals also. Sometimes those things go screwy and cause all types of odd problems
  10. S

Explorer recall,

The last biggest recall I can remember is the one for the Firestone tires. You might check a Ford website and see if they have any listed
  11. S

70mm mass air sensor for 91XEB

Thanks for the info. That sounds like a lot of cheese to drop in an 11 years old truck. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about all that. Thanks again
  12. S

70mm mass air sensor for 91XEB

I have a 91 XEB and would like to know if putting a 70mm Mass Air Sensor on it would make any difference or should I just keep my money in my pocket?
  13. S

Need Help Please

Look underneath at the exhaust work. Your problem is most likely under there. Does the sound stop when you decelerate or just when you brake?
  14. S

31X10.50 - 15 Tire Pressue

What is a chalk test?
  15. S

31X10.50 - 15 Tire Pressue

I'm running Goodyear Wrangler RT/S 31X10.50 - 15s on my 91 EB. Does anyone have a clue at what the appropriate tire pressure should be?
  16. S

Bogged down at 1500 rpm/45 - 55 mph

Thanks. I will definitely check those. I'm embarassed to say that they are the factory wire on there and the truck has 129K on it. But...I have replaced the plugs:)
  17. S

Brakes locking when wet

I have a 91 EB and I experience the same problem. I get no ABS light and after awhile it goes away. If anyone comes up with an answer...please shoot me an email if you don't mind...shauste@yahoo.com Thanks
  18. S

Bogged down at 1500 rpm/45 - 55 mph

I have a 91 EB. When the engine is running at about 1500 rpm at 45 - 55 mph, it seems to bog down. I have to accelerate to get over that hump. Any ideas anyone?
  19. S

Engine Performance "lack of"

Don't know if this helps but it might be worth looking into. My wife's uncles owns a 95 EB and his seemed to lack power also. He took it to the dealership and the problem was in his transmission. I don't know what they found but look into. It can't hurt
  20. S

Flickering lights solved!!!

Re: Flickering Lights Solved Sorry, I meant pegged to the left when you shut it off. Ooops!!!:eek:
  21. S

Flickering lights solved!!!

Re: Flickering lights solved I had a similar problem with my 91 EB. Mine started with a jumping voltmeter and the flickering lights. Since I am stationed in the UK at present, I had to have my alternator rebuilt. Works like a charm now. Your voltmeter is reading pretty much normal now with...
  22. S

How do you properly warm an engine up?

I'd say about 30 seconds is sufficient. When your oil pressure guage reaches its normal reading (much less than 30 seconds), then you should be ready to roll without a problem However, climatic conditions should be your guide. Give you engine a few minutes to warm up in extreme cold. The...
  23. S

Jumpin' Volt Gauge

Howard/Al, Thanks for the replies. I will check out both of your suggestions and get back with you with what I discover. Thanks Shauste
  24. S

Jumpin' Volt Gauge

I have a 91 Eddie Bauer with 128K miles. My problem is a jumping volt gauge. The needle jumps back and forth intermittently. I have replaced both the positive and negative battery cables and terminals with no results. I thought for sure this would fix the problem. My battery is strong and...
  25. S

Conversion of 91 EB A/C to R134a

Gentlemen, thanks for the replies. I think I am going to go for the conversion. I am moving to Las Vegas and I hear that it is HOTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! there. Have a good one
Back