Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Solved 4WD, AWD, and Transfer Case Information and Operation

is it normal for my 1998 to make a moaning sound at low speeds in 4x4? Also, when i turn and it binds, it makes a loud clunk... more like the chain slipping. And it sounds like a catastrophic failure waiting to happen.
  2. W

1997 Ford license plate lights are not working.

one of mine actually shorted out and melted the plastic housing
  3. W

Nic's '99 Explorer Sport

overall, do you recommend buying the headlights, i am looking for better lighting on my 1998 because the stock headlights are kinda crappy
  4. W

1997 ford explorer issue HELP!!!!

check the owners manual, i cant remember what fuse it is but when my explorer blew a fuse it took out the power windows and the 4x4 light was flashing. I replaced it and the problem was fixed
  5. W

Truck not entering program mode

i have the same problem, wondering if i can buy a RAP module and hook it up and get it to work
  6. W

New RAP module works / Remote does not.

does anyone know if you can install an RAP in an explorer that never came with keyless entry or a numberpad? and buy a key fob and program it to work?
  7. W

Power Steering issues!!

yes keep the wheels in the air while bleeding the system
  8. W

auto 4x4 not engaging

has anyone found a fix to this problem? Sorry for the Bump
  9. W

Rear stabilizer shock?

I would say get the rancho rs5000's. I havn't put them on my truck yet but posts on other forums say that is the way to go. Those are the next thing in putting in my truck.
  10. W

All you need to know about keyless entry

I just bought a 1998 explorer xl. It didn't come with key fobs but it has the security light that flashes on the dash. I was wondering if newly ordered fobs would be able to be programmed to my truck?
  11. W

Tighten your caliper bracket bolts!

I just bought a 98 explorer and thought the clunking was ball joints. I looked on here and found this thread. To my surprise they were not loose, they were completely gone! I replaced them and the clunk is gone. Thanks for the post, probably saved my life if not my truck.
  12. W

Why wont my hatch glass lock?

I just had another look, and I found the problem. The black plastic housing is cracked and broken. So it just flexes out of the way when the button is pushed in. Thanks for the reply guys! Now I know what to fix!
  13. W

Why wont my hatch glass lock?

I have the same problem with my 1998 explorer. Sorry to bring this topic back up but I was wondering if anyone has found a fix to this problem. The hatch itself locks but the rear glass doesn't.
Back