Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

i have not checked in on this in a while. im still getting 21 mpg average on my 13 Explorer with the Ecoboost 4 cylinder. No matter how wife and I drive, it, we cant get it over 21. I cant believe its that far off of 28. has ford acknowledged any mpg issues with the explorer yet? we love...
  2. G

iPhone 4 / Sync issue music stream issue / usb

ive read some on this issue and while my iphone 4 has worked 85%ish of the time streaming BT music, it has up until this point, done it 100% of the time just fine using the usb cable to connect iphone and play music. now, when i use cable, SYNC says no device connected. whats more alarming, is...
  3. G

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

well, i got it done! for anyone wanting 3rd row explorer dvd headrests, it is possible with some mild scrapes on your knuckles and a few choice words. i didnt take any pics, but basically, here is the process: 1. remove stock headrests and flip 2nd row seats down. 2. unfasten the...
  4. G

well, fooled around with it some more earlier, and i can with a LOT of wiggling and some cussing get a clothes hanger down the holes and it is striking the bottom of the seatback.... at this point im thinking maybe a well placed small hole drilled in the very bottom of the wood seatback may do...
  5. G

how did you run the wires down into the seats? i tried and the wires will go down a few inches and then stop. i even unclipped and pulled back the seatback bottom, reached all the way up it to the point were i could feel the guide holes for the headrests. but there seems to be no way to...
  6. G

well, dont waste your time trying the third row. the seats are NOT hollow like the front. no way to run the cables without heavily modding the seats. plus as already mentioned, you will have to fight the post width issue. so now i have two extra dvd players. good thing my 06 f150 screw is...
  7. G

resurrect again..... sorry guys but this is a good thread, after reading it, i just bought 2 sets (4 players total) of the onfair dvd headrests for our new 2013 XLT. installing these for viewing on the second row is well covered here, but what about for the 3rd row? i have a lot of kids, so...
  8. G

Navigation for Explorer 2013 XLT

dang! yeah, it says information. previous owner must have been a tightwad.....:( to be honest though, as cool as in dash navi is, i wouldnt pay $800 bucks either. oh well, ill just find a cheap tomtom. thanks!
  9. G

Navigation for Explorer 2013 XLT

so how do you know if your explorer has navi? i bought my '13 explorer xlt used with my ford touch / sync/ etc. if i dont have it, is there no other way to put navi on it? thanks!
  10. G

2013 2.0 ecoboost mods?

well, finally latched on to an explorer. picked up a tuxedo black xlt with black leather friday. 2wd with 2.0 ecoboost 4 banger. wanted the most economy for the $. this little engine has got some power, who would have imagined 240 hp and 270 lbs of torque from only 2.0 liters. this is my...
  11. G

WTB New Explorer- Have concerns

hello, newbie here. i am pretty big into fords, i currently own 3 (06 f150 4x4 screw, 06 stang GT, and 07 e350 van.) i have never owned an explorer, as the new model is the first explorer to really grab my attention. wife and i are wanting to trade van for a new explorer, but we have a few...
Back