Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Ironman Trim Color

Does anyone know the paint color code for the Ironman SIlver Bumper Trim. My 07's sticker shows the code: "EXT PNT UA" but there's no secondary color code. Front and Rear bumper Ironman trim pieces look like to be same shade of Silver. The only "silver" color listed for the 07 Explorer is...
  2. R

3rd row electric seat back won't elevate.

I posted this in another thread a while ago. Check out post #6 of this thread. It uses a different readily available power seat motor. Once the mod is done motor can be replaced w/o taking out the whole seat bracket... Replaced my 3rd row power seat with a manual one.
  3. R

2007 Explorer Front End Torque Specs

By the way, is there any torque spec on the inner tie rod end?
  4. R

I appreciate this. Thank you!
  5. R

Hi, I searched the forum and could not find a list of torque specs. Just did brakes and now want to make sure that the caliper bolt and caliper bracket torques are right. Next project is replacing inner and outer tie rod ends so I need torque specs here too. I hope someone can help.
  6. R

Just posted this in another thread. It's not the only solution but one which keeps it motorized w/o getting the expensive and frail Ford part. One of the flaws in design is the worm-gear driven plastic sprocket, which is not replaceable w/o removing entire motor-gear-bracket assembly. I was...
  7. R

2006 power seat issue - New member

@Mart1n, I completely agree with your earlier statement. It is not advisable to replace the motor with an OEM part; I agree the design is faulty and it will break again. One of the flaws in design is the worm-gear driven plastic sprocket, which is not replaceable w/o removing entire...
  8. R

Power fold rear seat problem

I posted this on a few threads; it uses a different kind of motor. Hopefully replaceable and can be changed without changing the whole 3rd-row-seat bracket assembly.
  9. R

Power fold rear seat problem

Check this out too: 3rd row seat repair
  10. R

2006 power seat issue - New member

Check out this thread; another possibility... Replaced my 3rd row power seat with a manual one.
  11. R

Replaced my 3rd row power seat with a manual one.

There's another possibility which doesn't cost the big bucks like the Ford replacement. It involves a different kind of gear motor, like one sold on eBay and elsewhere, (shown in picture below). It's not a quick fix but once the modifications are made, it should be fairly easy to replace the...
  12. R

There are a lot of right angle drive 12vDC gear-motors out there. This one's rated at 190 RPM at the output shaft (I should have said 'around 150-200 RPM' in my earlier post.) The Ford gear-motor output is around twice that speed if I recall, so I am hoping that this one stays working. I do...
  13. R

There are a lot of right angle drive 12vDC gear-motors out there. This one's rated at 190 RPM at the output shaft (I should have said 'around 150-200 RPM' in my earlier post.) The Ford gear-motor output is around twice that speed if I recall, so I am hoping that this one stays working. I do...
  14. R

Here's the URL for the YouTube video: I'll be interested in comments.
  15. R

I did a conversion to a power motor driven third seat system. After looking at all the posts in various threads here and in other Explorer forums, I decided to make a plan. First off, let me thank those who posted methods of removing the old plastic gearbox; the hammer-and-chisel method...
  16. R

I think the solutions using hex-nut, socket and ratchet are pretty simple manual ways to do the job. That's my "backup" plan. First I want to see if I can adapt a sturdier gear motor to replace the prone-to-failure ford gears. If anyone has done that it would be nice to know about.
  17. R

2007 Ironman Edition -New Member

Bought a 2007 Ironman edition from a friend. High miles but all the service history is available since friend bought it new. It will eventually become grandkids car. I am glad to see others here have 'em and an looking forward to learning more.
  18. R

07 Explorer "Ironman"

Hello Everyone! Just bought an 07 Explorer with the Ironman pkg from a friend. 180k miles but it's been well taken care of since new. Now I'm beginning to learn as much as I can. Over the next few months I'll begin to check it over, make sure all is OK and do whatever it needs. My plan is...
  19. R

Just signed up for thei forum

Hello Everyone, I just signed up to the forum... starting to look at new Crossover/SUVs of 7 and more passengers and the Explorer is definitely on my short list. One special requirement for me is that the new vehicle be "flat-towable", eg. towed behind my motorhome. Some vehicles are, some...
  20. R

Flat towing Explorer

Dennis, I am not familiar with "toad-charge" but I'll google it soon. re: "(Also, it protects you from having "dueling" althernators if both the motorhome and car engines are running.)" What I forgot to mention earlier is the "circuit protection" on the charge wire from the coach includes a...
  21. R

Flat towing Explorer

Hi Mike, I just joined this forum. Looking at the Ford Explorer as a possible tow vehicle. I found this thread and thought it worth mentioning I have done a similar thing with a few prior vehicles: A dodge Dakota, a Honda CRV and most recently a Buick Enclave. I also use a Brake Buddy...
  22. R

I'm planning on purchasing a 2013 Explorer.

Hello, I am just beginning a search for a new SUV/Crossover vehicle. The new Explorer is on my "short list"... I need something that'll comfortably handle up to seven passengers and even do some light hauling. One special need I have is for a vehicle which I can readily tow behind my...
Back