Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

HELP! MD05-R1 is crapping out!

Looking for another vehicle,, Tired of repairing old faithful...She may be for sale, unless i deciede to keep her as a yard decoration...
  2. T

Burning Water, Thick white smoke

My "91 Howles like a banshee in the mornings, but as soon as she warms up its ok. If you clutch is locked that probally is not the problem. Unless it getting ready to totally give out and starting to slip. You may want to replace that soon...
  3. T

Air in slave cylinder? 01/05/05

I had alot of troubles with mine when i switched from auto to manny. I ended up getting three clutch cylenders before i got one that actually worked. Also if clutch is excessivly warn you an bleed all you want and it wont help. You have to replace the clutch. Warning*** Do Not Overtighten The...
  4. T

how badly did I break it?

Leaving hubs locked... FYI...It can be done but it kills the fuel mileage...i lose about 100 miles to the tank when i leave mine engaged...
  5. T

how badly did I break it?

I agree it sounds like a hub! I had the same problem in the mountains in the middle of an ice storm and slide halfway down the side of the mountain. After a phone call to friends and eight hours later I got out. Immediatly got a set of Warn manual hubs and have no problem since then. Actually...
  6. T

HELP! MD05-R1 is crapping out!

I replaced my automatic with a manual MD05-R1 about two years ago. Recently it developed a knock in third gear, and quickly spreading to other gears. It knocks even when out of gear idling in the drive way now. I suppect its a bearing on the front shaft. Any insight will help as its parked and...
  7. T

Tire and Rim Question?

Thanks G-rigged! That is exactly what im looking for! Love the way that looks. Dont think those meats will hurt the gas mileage any?? HA!
  8. T

Tire and Rim Question?

Thinking about putting 31x12.50's on my x with 4in sus lift. Anyone got this combo. I would like to see a pic and know if there are any rub issues with the tires.:cool:
  9. T

What year X do you have?

Gotta love em '91xlt tranny is going agin but i cant stand the thought of getting rid of her.
  10. T

how bad have you been ??

Ishouldn't say but When i was younger i blew the state police radar off the scale. The officer said it went 150 then x... I was in a mustang by the way. I do not recomed this as i lost my liscense for a year.:rolleyes:
  11. T

Help

try this mine did the same thing. chased it around for weeks, replaced almost every sensor on it. then i talked to a mechanic freind of my dad's, he said sure i know whats wrong, replace the thermostat. I thought there was no way it was going to work, but it did.
  12. T

'91 Explorer rear anti-lock brakes not working!

UPDATE I had time to bleed the brakes the other day an it did not fix them, i guess, i will have to replace the RABS unit to get them to work.
  13. T

how easy is thermostat replacement?

here is what you do pull belt, alt., and ilder pully, its right there, not too hard to do.
  14. T

Turbo Explorer????????

Turbo's do rock! I had a '90 LX convertible mustang with the 4 cylinder in it. Snatched a Turbo form a old turbo thunderbird bolted it up, put in new injectors. I used to love the look on the guys in GT's and Camoro's when I would burn their ass. The biggest thing with turbos and supercharges...
  15. T

Sending the A4LD to the scrap! Swaping in M5OD-R1

Thanks! I appreciate the tips, i will follow up when I get going on the mechanical stuff.
  16. T

Hello? anyone out there? I figured atleast someone would answer.:mad:
  17. T

I've been gathering info and parts for about 2 weeks now. My EX is a '91 xlt. Still have a few questions but here is what i have so far, if you see anything im fogetting let me know please!!! 1)Got the manny from the local junk yard. They said it came from a low mileage vehicle? 2)Getting new...
  18. T

auto hubs? manual hub conversion?

Great Idea! :D Im happy with mine, not sure of any links as I bought mine locally. They are as easy to take on and off as the stock hubs, and much more realiable.
  19. T

Can Pushbutton 4x4 system be converted to Manual shift 4x4 on 91-94 explorers?

Maybe a fix for the push buttion! Grab a drink or something this could take a while. My push button acted up after a few months of non use. I believe that it just gets stuck sometimes. I pushed it on waited for it to click and try again. After bout a hundred times or so it was coming on and off...
  20. T

FACTORY 4.56 GEARS?

Must be blonde! LS=Limited Slip. I feel stupid now. So does anyone have the answer 3.55 pr 3.73
  21. T

FACTORY 4.56 GEARS?

Better than 310's What do you mean by LS?
  22. T

FACTORY 4.56 GEARS?

Checking back!!! Been working too hard this week! The axle code on the inside of the door says d4. please translate in to english.:D
  23. T

Hand throttle!!!

Awsome Trick! I can see where that would come in handy. Looks like its simple enough too! Maybe you should consider a patent?
  24. T

Flywheel shims or spacers??!?!?

What is a 4r70w? Is that a manual transmission that will fit the 4.0 first gen explorer? If so is it 4 or 5 speed? To and answer your question: make sure the the throw out is travelling all the way out. might have to bleed it. If it is i would recomend a shim or maybe a new flywheel.
  25. T

FACTORY 4.56 GEARS?

???????? What could have come in it?
Back