Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Modified headlights question

The only aftermarket headlights I can find for the 02-05 are really nice and all, but when I look at the aftermarket Ranger headlights, I can't help but to ask if they're compatible. They have some really nice projectors that look like they would fit. Would they fit?
  2. M

Emergency!

It was 50/50 with distilled water as the book stated. I will be flushing it in the spring and going possibly 60/40 and maybe replace the water pump since it sounds like this incident started to do this one in and it's only a year old. :\ Not hard to do though. I'll make another how-to...
  3. M

Emergency!

I apologize for the delay in responding. After a night of sitting under 500 watt halogen lamps, dressing up for the severe weather, and a lot of four letter words, Every single bit of coolant froze. I will be shopping around for kits or block warmers for a just in case scenario. As for it...
  4. M

Emergency!

We're all aware of this bad weather right now. I started my 2004 v6 in -12 degrees with -35 windchill for work. I heard a really loud whine that sounded like an old power steering pump going bad. The temperature of the engine was fine. It warmed up and stayed right where it needed...
  5. M

Dome light question.

Please post in relevant threads for relevant year/model. My only question was for which pillar the wires run up on my 2002-2005 3rd gen so I can hook up the puddle lights. As far as re-wiring stuff, it's very straight forward. Match wires, check voltage, solder, heat shrink tubing. If the...
  6. M

Brighter reverse lights?

I found these on eBay and they're #%($# bright. I found these when thinking of ways to cool off the sockets. Incandescent/halogen fail. LED bulbs run cool. After trial and error, I found these. I did a search on eBay for "3156 white 68 smd" without the quotes, and ended up with a spaceship style...
  7. M

Dome light question.

I have the 04 XLS with just the power mirrors, no puddle/heat. I bought the heated mirrors to find out my harness isn't wired for them. So now I'm just going to ignore the heated part and wire up the puddle light to my dome. The mirrors are slightly higher and I like them anyways. So I have...
  8. M

Headunit Install HELP!!

Hi. I am currently doing the same thing by installing a performance audio, and soon to be video system in my 04. Here are the wires, and yes they are correct as this list has them. 2004 Ford Explorer Car Stereo Wiring Diagram Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Light Green Car Radio...
  9. M

brand new to the explorer

Welcome to the forums! Yes, the Yokohama Geolander AT/S are some sweet tires. And your steering wheel is making my explorer drool..
  10. M

2003 ford explorer xlt

If you got a jump, did you leave it run for a while or did it quit on it's own? If you answered "let it run for a while then shut it off," then do that again, but before you shut it off, pull the positive off the battery and see if it stays running. If it does not, your alternator may be bad...
  11. M

Another strut bolt question...

Ok It is definitely out. A new one has taken it's place and my troublesome project is complete. I apologize for the shotty pics, but I was happy and couldn't sit still. Melt the rubber with a torch. I used a butane and propane (ran out of propane so switched andit worked just fine) I used a...
  12. M

I have some wanted ads posted. Maybe I'll get lucky. I'm still trying the sledgehammer and block of steel. Maybe it will have more leverage than a hammer and socket extension. Heat it with the propane torch first? Might help. Gonna do the cutting wheels today to. I have about 90 of them...
  13. M

^^^ I did all that and now I am SOL Can't fit a sawzall anywhere near it, going to attempt cutting wheels tomorrow, and propane (the only torch I have) just makes it hot. :( I might have to take my vacation this week because I might not have a way to work... Oh and for the passenger side...
  14. M

OHHH! Thanks again! I cannot click on the label. For some reason, when I enlarge the diagram, it does nothing when I click on it. My widescreen monitor makes the diagram too big for the screen and it won't let me scroll down on it. :( Either way, you helped a ton! Now if I can only find that...
  15. M

Thank you very much for your answer. I am registered at Fordparts.com in hopes of ever finding OEM numbers, which they DO NOT provide. If they do, please let me know. I'm talking OEM like 1z-fl43-whatever (example). They just say it's something like (L791). I couldn't find that bolt size...
  16. M

I've been reading threads about strut bolts in the front getting stuck. I have both new front struts purchased brand new as a complete assembly. My problem is once I make the car inoperational by removing stuff, I literally have no way of getting to the store in case of an oopsie. I wanna just...
  17. M

How to get to Flasher Relay? How to Remove Interior Fuse box?

I have a 2004, but I believe I have the answer. I swapped out all my lights to LED and noticed mine was about to blink itself and my brain to oblivion, so I replaced it. Here's what I did without removing a bunch of stuff. Tools needed: 1. Patience 2. Kind of strong wrist 3. Little light 4...
  18. M

Android HU Ford Explorer

Unless that's the only place to order the parts from, try avoiding the extremely overpriced Crutchfield and possibly Amazon. They have NEVER been able to compete in prices with the places I buy from, not even by a couple bucks. They have always been extremely overpriced, usually by 60% or more...
  19. M

Hi !

Welcome to the forums! In regards to your question about google maps or dlna streaming, you can always do some quick searching at your favorite computer parts dealer for a NANO-ITX board and an in-dash computer case for it. Liliput makes sweet touch screens with hdmi and usb...all linux...
  20. M

Opinions on LED reverse lights?

Look for 3156 or 3157 LED 5500k to 6000k color temp range. Don't even type "white" in your search. The 6000k ones I put into the stock housing are super bright white (almost to that HID super white with a dash of sky blue) and almost don't fit. Factory mounting depth: Try not to go past 1.5"...
  21. M

3rd gen corners

I just did my corner lenses in the front with Depo black lenses. These have no amber on them except the bulb. Bulbs used: Did ebay search for "T25 3157 amber smd" and the ones I ordered have 68 LED's in them. They still blink like crazy on a factory flasher. NOTE: These lenses can handle...
  22. M

Cure for rapid flashing turn signals after installing LED light bulbs.

04 XLS. Mine needed a 5 pin ep-27. Got it eBay 10 bucks. "TMILED" is the brand it says and it's part # is EL98-EP27. It's a part match based off the fordparts website and wiring diagrams. The flasher itself is the safest way without having hot resistors as jumpers which can potentially cause...
  23. M

Name that noise- video included

Mine does the exact same thing. It is the alternator on mine. I'm milking this out for funding issues, but that is what mine does. Same exact squeal, only on cold starts. Car runs fine. If you take your belt off and spin the alternator pulley with your hand, it should squeak pretty softly, but...
  24. M

My 5R55S is yelling at me...

Oh I know but this isn't an ordinary noise. It's a "crunching grind" and it may help root this issue or bring up another causing the one I have. I'll find a parking lot and zip tie my phone to the frame or something and record it. should be pretty clear. I'll post a youtube link. maybe 20...
  25. M

My 5R55S is yelling at me...

I will check those tomorrow because I drive like a crackhead 5 minutes late to a score on Black Friday. I also plan on putting my phone in the wheel well and setting a video to record. I will post it when I do that. I did forget to mention one thing. When you turn the wheel all the way to the...
Back