Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Strut Orientation

I think I found a video with the arrows pointing toward the engine, i had to look closely.
  2. T

Rear Suspension Clunk In Reverse

In my 05 explorer 2wd, I get a really loud clunk when we first back out of the driveway and turn the wheel to the left. I replaced the rear drivers halfshaft 3 yrs ago, it got stuck halfway when installing it, i think the keeper in the differential had gotten caught, i had to bang it hard to...
  3. T

Loose wheels, side to side play, but tie rod ends solid as a rock?

You were right HitchHikingMike, my passenger wheel bearing was bad, the new moog I installed 2 years/33k miles ago (my son was working on that side, took me a while to get over there and QA his work, lol). Their Moog brand is now questionable, the tie rod ends are still nice and tight, but the...
  4. T

I have a 2 wheel drive and I'm working on the front, no axel to deal with, but thx.
  5. T

Also found the passenger wheel bearing went bad, loud grinding noise and noticable play and click when jiggled. Another moog component i replaced 2 yrs ago and the last item i checked of course. I wont be buying any moog components ever again, it all expensve napa parts from here on out.
  6. T

I removed the spindle, lo and behold, the ball joints are loose as a goose, esp the lower one. These were new moog’s i installed 2 yrs ago. The lower one looked suspisious with no grease fitting, i guess its a cheap chinese ball joint the pressed into their control arm. I’ll try calling them...
  7. T

Here's a video of the tire side to side play. I mistook this for the tie rod ends being bad, but they are solid as a rock, just like new. I replaced them last year. They are in perfect working order.
  8. T

2005 ford explorer steering issue, just replaced everything 2 yrs ago (33 k miles) with all moog stuff (tie rods, upper & lower control arms, & strut assemblies), now tires are getting worn on the inside, which usually indicates bad tie rods or ball joints, alignment is so far off that I can't...
  9. T

ABS Module Issue

Then it must have been the cable routing under the exhaust manifold. When i swapped cables i used a slightly different path.
  10. T

ABS Module Issue

I fixed it finally. As a last ditch effort before taking it to the stealership, I decided to swap the front left and right sensors to see if the problem migrated to the right side. When I removed the right front sensor (it came with my Amazon purchased Moog bearing) it was covered with gook...
  11. T

ABS Module Issue

Hi All, 2005 ford explorer xlt v8, 140k miles. I'm having a problem where when I turn left slowly the car makes an awful grinding sound. I'm pretty sure its an ABS problem. This all started last year when I replaced my wheel bearing assemblies that came with new abs sensor cables. It...
Back