Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

VIN Decode

You can try this one on the FTE forum: VIN Decoder - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums Here is the one on EF: VIN Decoding Ford Explorer Ranger Bronco II VIN Number
  2. I

Frame Height

So, I searched and searched on here and on Google, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I was looking at the laws for Nebraska, Iowa and South Dakota just cause I was bored and came across a law in Iowa that was pending back in 2010 that stated frame height would be limited to 23 inches if...
  3. I

Front shocks on 93

Autozone has gas shocks. Here's the link: http://www.autozone.com/suspension-steering-tire-and-wheel/shock-strut-front/kyb-gas-a-just-shock-strut-front/ford/explorer-4wd/1992/6-cylinders-x-4-0l-mfi/754283_6880_7413/
  4. I

VIN Decode

I manually decoded my VIN using the decoder under the "specifications" section on the forum and I got that its a 4.0L V6 ohv but I didn't find anything about whether it was an automatic or standard transmission
  5. I

VIN Decode

Okay, so I decided I was going to decode the VIN on my 1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer and I used both the decoder on this forum and a VIN decoder off the internet and I got different info. Here's the info from the internet decoder: http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check-lookup/1fmdu34xonua76747 It...
  6. I

sagging front corner; 93 ranger

It's sagging about 2 or 3" and its bad enough to be a little difficult to get in. Thanks for the help when I get some time, I will try the washers/shims and see how that works out
  7. I

sagging front corner; 93 ranger

Well, I searched and searched and searched and couldn't find anything on this... I just recently bought a 93 ranger 2x4 with a 2.3l 5 speed. I do know that the rear shocks need replaced but the front left corner of the truck sits lower then the right side. I checked out the spring and its in...
  8. I

Cb radio installation

Hello I have a 2001 Escape that I bought about a month ago and now that the new car feeling is gone, it's time to install my Cb. It's a cobra 29 ltd chrome classic and I can't figure out a good spot to put it. The previous owner had a ham radio but my radio won't fit where he had his. Any help...
  9. I

here is my 94' Explorer XLT 4x4

I found door panels at andysdautosport.com it's about $250 (pricey, I know) but they come in all of the stock colors
  10. I

Truck Tug of War

He had a class 3 hitch and I just had a chain looped through the frame. I just about ripped the hitch from his truck haha
  11. I

hood stuck, pull handle broke, any ideas?

Hate to bring it up, but just unscrew the latch through the grille. I had that problem with my friend's 93 EB. I just undid the latch screws and pulled it open
  12. I

HEAVY load towing experiences?

I drive a 1994 explorer xlt with the stock bumper hitch and I've towed an 18' tandem axle trailor (1000-1500 pounds) with a 94 chevy cavalier on it (about 2500 pounds). I'm rated for 3500 pounds on the bumper and I went over that and did hunky dorey. I went about 60 miles with it (going 50-55...
  13. I

Truck Tug of War

I don't think abybody's going to email it to me... They're all douches. Next time I do a tug of war I will deffinately get videos up
  14. I

Truck Tug of War

I don't have a cell phone so that wouldn't work out too well
  15. I

Truck Tug of War

I found out someone did record it so now I'm attempting to convince them to post it on Facebook and youtube so I can then put it up on here
  16. I

Truck Tug of War

Tom, I don't know why nobody recorded it, maybe they thought it wasn't as cool as it should have been. But I'm a teenager, and I function perfectly without a cell phone. Haven't had one in a few years now
  17. I

Truck Tug of War

Lono, Nothing broke on my truck, nothing broke on his truck, and nobody got hurt. Turdle, I agree with you on that. Everybody there (half the school) said that they'd record it and/or take pictures of the event. But they didn't and I'm mad about that. But, on the bright side, my friend and I...
  18. I

Truck Tug of War

I won! :D I won the battle. It was hard fought, lasted maybe 3 minutes. He couldn't get it into 4x4 and I just didn't get good traction. so I ended up digging 4 holes in the ground a couple inches deep. I don't know if anybody got a video of it, so you'll have to bear with me untill I find out...
  19. I

Truck Tug of War

I will attempt to post a video of it on here, but it will most likely be on my Facebook page
  20. I

Truck Tug of War

That was crazy but I'm sure my friend's Dodge will get dragged around because it's a Dodge. I don't think the cops will show up where we're doing it, so I don't think that will be a problem. Oh, by the way, he conveinently had a "doctor's" appointment yesterday so it didn't happen. We're...
  21. I

Truck Tug of War

I've seen on youtube an explorer with one ton axles go up against a 90 f350 dually diesel and it pulled the crap out of the dually. I've checked the specs of my buddies truck: 175hp @ 4800 rpm and 225 ft-lbs torque @ 3200 rpm and his truck weighs 3500 pounds. My 94 Explorer (completely...
  22. I

driver window won't go down

I fixed mine with WD-40
  23. I

Truck Tug of War

Technically deals with towing so here we go: My friend says that his 93 Dodge dakota is better then my 94 Explorer xlt. I was thinking we prove it by doing a truck tug of war today after school. Have any of you guys done this? Any tips on how to win without cheating? The contest will be on...
  24. I

91-94 Bumper Guard Plans?????

Go to a salvage yard and look around there. I got mine off an 80's Ranger and it mounts to the bumper. It cost me $50, but it could be cheaper where you live
  25. I

Passenger Side Gas Tank

Okay thanks for the info on the BL
Back