Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

So what is this?

After much looking I found what you described. Bingo! Thanks.
  2. M

So what is this?

Thanks, shucker. I'll check it out when I get off.
  3. M

So what is this?

So I remove the air intake duct to swap out the alternator and this is laying there. What in the world is it and where does it insert? tmp_2018021519055759491.jpg
  4. M

Diagnosing A/C - Blowing Warm/Hot Air

"Could be that the evaporator or condenser went bad after their repair, could be that they don't know what they are doing." Well I took it back for the third time and the owner actually had the balls to get pissed off at me. I said I didn't want to be there any more than he wanted me there. His...
  5. M

Diagnosing A/C - Blowing Warm/Hot Air

'92 XLT - Just had the compressor replaced along with a new A/C hose as well. The system was completely charged. Air was bitterly cold for the first 24 hours and then cold to barely cool for the next 24 hours. Now what comes out of the panel is hot air. All the work done was warranty work at the...
  6. M

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

Other than inserting the gear w/bushings back into the motor, what did you find to be the biggest challenge of this job? Thanks so much for posting and sharing!
  7. M

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

'92 with 196,400. Original engine (doesn't burn a drop of oil) and transmission.
  8. M

Rusty water leaking

Thank you, gentlemen. It is the perfect time of year for starting anew. Thank you for your inputs.
  9. M

Rusty water leaking

Replaced my water pump about 8 months ago and with it replaced all coolant. Now I have a leak passenger side about a foot behind the axle. Guessing it's the heater core. Question: the water that has leaked is as rusty as it can get. What other than the radiator can it be so rusted out? BTW...
  10. M

RPM's On a '92

Thank you very much for the replies, gentlemen. I will have my man check it out.
  11. M

RPM's On a '92

I've got a '92 XL with 189K miles. Over the past 2 to 3 months I've really noticed an increase in noise level when on the highway doing 65. The engine sounds like it's working extremely hard. Very difficult to describe the noise other than a very loud whirrring sound. Checked the RPM gauge and...
  12. M

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Restored headlamps to crystal clear.
  13. M

Broken Armrest Fix?

Thanks, guys. I've done both. Ordered some epoxy and ordered a new armrest. Even if it does hold, it's not going to hold for a long period of time. Living in Phoenix would see to that. My curiosity just has the better part of me.
  14. M

Broken Armrest Fix?

This is what an armrest for a '92 looks like after you crawl over it: The fracture is clean and I can approximate the two pieces such that there are no spaces: I've already lined up a vendor that I can buy the entire thing. But I'd like to give repairing it a try first. Can anyone...
  15. M

Frappuccino for coolant

It's a done deal. My buggy was repaired yesterday and as it turns out the culprit was the water pump. Apparently the seal had failed because coolant was exiting the pump through the weep hole. Mechanic said the bore of the weep hole was actually larger through years and years of use and some...
  16. M

Frappuccino for coolant

Thanks, everyone. I've inspected it from everyone possible vantage point from above and I can't see one drop of coolant. Soonest the shop can get to it is Wednesday. I'll report back then. UPDATE: Got it to the shop last night for an inspection/diagnosis. How in the heck my mechanic could...
  17. M

Frappuccino for coolant

It does drip from the area of the fan clutch. Water pump (I believe) sits above that so I woud assume the dripping from that area is due to the water pump. But this steady stream comes from a good foot behind that.
  18. M

Frappuccino for coolant

I want to apologize to natenkiki2004 and 2stroke for the late reply. It hasn't been fun. I just got a promotion and missing work was not an option. But I now have to drive 22 miles in stop and go traffic and the Explorer is my ONLY transportation...until today. I put in 1 bottle of K-Seal just...
  19. M

Frappuccino for coolant

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. Just from the smell I never gave oil a second thought. But I did check the stick and also pulled the oil cap and looked down the chute. Fortunately, there's no milkiness or foamy appearance. And I did look (as best I could) at/around the PSP and alternatior and...
  20. M

Frappuccino for coolant

'92 with 189,251 miles. So I'm at a red light today and smell burning/hot coolant. Got to my destination and looked under the truck only to see a brownish orange viscous liquid fast dripping from the front of the engine. Checked the coolant resevoir and it was bone dry. Limped home, took off...
  21. M

Turn signal/flasher issue

Yes...it was burned out and apparently the culprit in the front flasher not working. I just replaced the rear as it was definitely burned out. Fixed. I actually tried this first. In my darkened garage I depressed the brake, looked in the driver's side rear-view mirror and saw that I had no...
  22. M

Turn signal/flasher issue

I have a very similar problem as stated in this thread (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342847&highlight=turn+flasher) and yet different. '92 Explorer 1. The right side flasher including both front and rear bulbs work fine. 2. When the left turn signal is engaged the...
  23. M

No pressure in fuel line '92 Explorer

Never did answer you on this. This cap is only about 6 months old. Purchased this one: http://www.pepboys.com/product/details/8043537/00748/parts/filters_caps/fuel_caps
  24. M

That valve wasn't on the rail...it was on the motor and when I went to release pressure there was NO pressure at all just a few drops of gas....but the engine was cold. Just topped off the tank to enjoy a sudden price drop and to try and get some pressure in the system. 13.6 mpg and when I...
  25. M

Hi Turdle...thanks for jumping into "Ignorant Central". If you re-read my post then fair warning, I'm none too mechanically inclined as evidenced by my posts. How would account for the faint smell of gas I smell from under the hood. I will get on my back and check out the pipes. Maniak...if...
Back