Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

01 explorer fuel pressure fluctuates?

I replaced the fuel filter last week, oil is clean and smells normal.. the fuel filter although was definetly dirty, didn't have anything as big as this in it
  2. F

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1455867727781631&id=100000752542736&set=a.418878358147245.83351.100000752542736&source=48 I'm not saying this is the problem....bit it's certainly not helping This was on the sides of the gas tank after I drained all the gas I could out
  3. F

Ok thanks...and I'll fix the video, forgot to make it public
  4. F

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1455793314455739&id=100000752542736&ref=bookmarks Because everybody likes videos As far as the voltage on the wire at the inertia switch, both wires are reasonably steady voltage when the issue is occurring, between 13.6 and 13.8 volts average.. But...
  5. F

Ok, that's honestly what I thought, but I don't claim to be an electrical expert so I wanted to make sure... going to check this in just a few
  6. F

Ok so I'm having a dumb blonde moment, if I connect 1 side of the meter to 1 of the wires going to the inertia switch, do I connect the other side on the meter to the other wire on the inertia switch ? Or what do I do with it?
  7. F

Hmmmm ok, I'll give it a shot, it will be hard to watch the meter while I'm driving.. But I'll definetly give that a shot.. Is it possible for it to be a relay? Most relays I've seen either work or they don't Thanks for the help ..im more than open to trying new ideas
  8. F

I've also considered bypassing the inertia switch. But that still wouldn't help if it is a wiring issue.
  9. F

Thanks, I'm basically on the same page with you, I think I'm gonna pull the tank back out, completely drain it and clean it ... if that doesn't do any good I'll probably try running a new power wire to the pump.
  10. F

It only fluctuates like this when the problem is happening, it is worse if I rev the motor...but yes I changed the entire assembly including the regulator
  11. F

Believe it or not, no CEL and no codes so far
  12. F

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1453964141305323&id=100000752542736 This SHOULD BE a video of my fuel pressure at idle ... it's worse if I try to hold it at a higher rpm
  13. F

Ok I'll try that in a few thanks
  14. F

That's what I thought, but we replaced it... and it had a new one in it.. no change I believe this has been an existing issue from the previous owner who couldn't get it figured out either lol
  15. F

I have an 01 explorer with an intermittent issue that I believe to be fuel related. It runs great until I drive 20 or 30 minutes .. then it will stumble.. not like a spark plug miss ..but like flat dead you think it has cut off ... at around 2-3k rpms ..depending on it's mood ...let off the gas...
  16. F

2001 explorer feels like it's hitting rev limiter

I've wondered, but it only has 55k miles on it... and I have literally had it stall out at 60 mph... kicked it in neutral..started it back up...and it runs fine for a couple minutes ?
  17. F

Nobody else have any ideas?
  18. F

If it's spark relate, it's losing all 6 cylinders at once ...when it does it, the engine goes completely flat ..wont rev won't accelerate. Nothing..But if I just try to run a steady speed it's smooth as silk
  19. F

I have a 01 explorer with 55k miles 4.0 automatic, runs and drives great for 15-20 minutes and then it won't rev past about 3k rpms. I believe it to be fuel pressure related ...but I'm running out of ideas, so far I have changed fuel pump, fuel filter, mass air sensor, throttle position sensor...
  20. F

3/4 ton D44 spindles

jeffsbroncograveyard sells them NEW cheap, I bought spindle rotor hub and inner and outer wheel bearings for like 150 i think
  21. F

Project Green Hornet '01 Sport SAS

100 degree trail rides that last 5 or 6 hours..I aint sweating if I can help it :)
  22. F

gas tank woes..

nobody? ive tried searching and seen mention of a couple different things..a bronco ll gas tank, auxillary ranger tank, or a fullsize tank..what else? which one is the easiest to make fit?
  23. F

ah ok thanks..im really anxious for mine to be DONE, sadly im going to have to contract out a lot of the suspension (fun) work. I simply do not have time to build the thing and Im ready to be wheeling with the ac on!
  24. F

i may have missed it, but did you build the front bumper or buy it? also what holds the grille in? I have an 01 sport that im just getting started on, hope to be wheeling it by summer of 2013 (fingers crossed)
Back