Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Favorite features

A Great Vehicle The features that I love in the Ex: MFT - voice recognition is top notch, especially when using the navi BLIS - along with the cross traffic alert and inflatable seatbelts just makes it feel safer for you and your family Dual Moonroof - lights up the inside and makes it...
  2. D

Moon Roof Visor.

Calm down man...that was meant to be a joke.....ssshheeeeshh....just like,what the joker said...Why so serious?....here have a beer and if that is not your preference have a soda instead.
  3. D

Breaking Bad's Skyler's red car..

Pano roof I've always loved the look of the black out pano roof on a white vehicle. That is why I am thinking of putting a black vinyl on our white ex, only the oppressive heat of Florida sun is making me think twice about it. By the way breaking bad is the best thing on tv right now. Love...
  4. D

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Smell issue My thoughts exactly that this is a smell issue caused by the cat. As I mentioned before my 2003 Honda Crv has never exhibited any smell but when my son plowed through some dirt and grass and they got stuck in the heat shield it produced the same exact smell I have experienced in...
  5. D

Moon Roof Visor.

Lie a little Sounds like the best thing to do is go to the dealership smile a lot be friends with the SA and lie a little, say something like " I don't know what happened but....." Good luck.
  6. D

E85 I also mentioned before that When I put in e85 I do not experience the smell and I also mentioned that if this is the solution then it is a very expensive solution because my mpg dropped significantly when I used e85.
  7. D

Almost successful tsb I recently had the TSB for the bad smell done and it is around 90% successful. I tried to accelerate hard past 4000 RPMs and after a few seconds there is a very faint smell almost imperceptible and it was almost immediately gone. I kept repeating it and sometimes the smell...
  8. D

AC not blowing cold

Found a solution As you can see in my profile I live here in Florida and it is just hot and humid here. I have recently discovered that for my AC to blow cool air as quickly as possible I have to turn on the fan on rear AC at high to blow all warm/hot air out of the ducts. As I have read in...
  9. D

The solution? I also have experienced this burning smell during hard acceleration. My vehicle now has 12,000++ miles on it. However, this is not really a concern for me because I do not experience it on my regular driving, I only experienced it after reading it on the forum and tried to...
  10. D

It's done..here she is

I got it from Carid.com. It is stainless and a stick on with 3m double sided tape. By the way mine is a 09/12 build date. About the shark fin antenna , yeah it is just for looks and I have not really noticed any loss in radio signal. I am thinking of another mod to put black vinyl on the...
  11. D

Water Leak

Every time this topic comes up I can't help but check my Ex and I really don't like removing the spare tire just to check for dampness or any water intrusion. We recently had rain and fortunately there was no leak, I also check after every washing which is about every two weeks. As a side note...
  12. D

Need Help in deciding between 2013 Ford Explorer and 2013 Nissan Pathfinder

I have been seeing a lot of the new pathfinders in dealer's lots lately. It is basically the brother/sister of jx35. We drove the jx before and what we didn't like was the sliding 2nd row which did not give a lot of room for accessing the 3rd row. Granted with the Ex you need more procedures but...
  13. D

Are you Fed up with MyFord touch like i am??

So far perfect. The MFT has worked flawlessly since we had the EX on 12/2013. We have 5000 miles on it already and have used the MFT extensively. I love the voice command especially when using it to navigate. At first I was confused as to what command to use but after perusing the manual and...
  14. D

It's done..here she is

Explorer letters I got the letters from levittownford which was mentioned in this forum and they are also the cheapest I found, total around $80 including shipping. The letters came with a template but even with the template the letters E and X should have been spaced an inch apart instead of...
  15. D

It's done..here she is

Thanks Thanks for the comments. The black rail I had it painted, the oval I put a smoke vinyl wrap the same as the one they use to tint headlights and the sharkfin of course from visual garage. Thanks again peeps.:salute:
  16. D

It's done..here she is

Folks here are the links... http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y491/damikedabucs/IMG_8507_zpsb590a547.jpg http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y491/damikedabucs/IMG_8506_zps027aaca7.jpg http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y491/damikedabucs/IMG_8495_zpsb1b1ea2b.jpg...
  17. D

Buying New 2013 Explorer

Still happy Hi MNJim. I am one of those few who joined this forum not to solve an issue but to see how I can make some minor mods and how to maintain our '13 Limited. I must admit that because of some of the issues I have read on these forum I tend to check and inspect the Ex a little more...
  18. D

2nd row bench with inflatable belts

made me look Your post made me check our car. I also have the inflatable seat belts and bench seats. You are correct in your observation that Ford erred on this one. That is why when we went on a recent roadtrip and there were seven of us, it always takes a while for our 2nd row passengers to...
  19. D

POSITIVE 2011-2013 Ford Explorer Experiences

What an awesome vehicle! We are a very happy and proud owner of a 2013 Ex Limited. Ours came with the Dual Panel Moonroof and the Powerfold Third Row. What sold the car to both of us was the MFT and Sync additionally I love the moonroof and the power third row is my wife's love oh and of course...
Back