Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Painted Stock Wheels - Post Pictures

Did you all take the wheels off to paint them or just tape everything up really good? Mine have been plasti-dipped for over a year and now I'm looking to paint them. Thanks!
  2. 0

Black wheels?

What sort of paint did you use? Any tips?
  3. 0

CK 2003 Explorer Sport XLT

I took the plasti dip off the wheels...will probably paint them matte black in the next few weeks.
  4. 0

Unfortunately it's just a 2WD. So all of my mods are just for looks :)
  5. 0

How to: 1.5" body lift for less than $50

I would like to know as well, if would work the same on an 2001-2003 model.
  6. 0

Alternatives for bringing the rear end up for street riding

Are the coil over shocks the: Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Adjusting Shock Absorber? I'm looking to bring the back up around 1" to be level with the front.
  7. 0

1.25" wheel adapters/spacers....pros and cons?

I just bought some 1.5" off of eBay and didn't realize they weren't intended for stock wheels. Still deciding if I want to use them without my hub cap or just sell them.
  8. 0

No brights on HID lights

You are correct...my question was answered. Thanks for that....If your "theory" is true. If all of these innocent people are having fatal accidents or accidents in general at night because of these "fake" HID lights, don't you think that law enforcement would make it a priority to get these kits...
  9. 0

No brights on HID lights

Do you realize how many people have these "fake HIDs" that you are crucifying me for??? I don't have these where I can go around bragging about my lights. I drive an 2003 Explorer, it is my primary vehicle that is mostly about 80% driven during the day. My lights are 6K and the housing that is...
  10. 0

No brights on HID lights

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I am running some auxiliary lights right now and that helps with the brightness. I'm also looking to add some lights on my brush guard that I may have wired up to come on as my brights.
  11. 0

Clean out

You still have those shackles? If so how much and would they work on an 03 Sport?
  12. 0

No brights on HID lights

Thanks....maybe I will look for a HID housing or just keep them as is.
  13. 0

No brights on HID lights

Hey guys I have had HID 6K headlights for a few months. I had them hooked up by a friend and I seem to either not have brights or they are hooked up wrong. They are the "cheaper" slim Xentec HIDs that you find on ebay for $50-60. I really like the look of the lights but when I turn on the...
  14. 0

Wheel Spacers on 01-03 Sport

Thanks! I may go with 1.25 or 1.5.
  15. 0

Lifted shock length

I just used standard shocks when I replaced them but I only have a suspension lift, not a body lift.
  16. 0

Wheel Spacers on 01-03 Sport

Does anyone have pictures of their setup with different width wheel spacers. I'm running 32" tires and thinking about going with a 1" or 1.25" spacer. Just wanted to see the difference if anyone is currently running spacers. Thanks.
  17. 0

Building your own roof rack.

What do you have in between the rack and the roof 97?
  18. 0

Building your own roof rack.

I ended up taking mine off (for the time being) it was rattling too much, I need to find something to safely prop it up with. I tried pipe insulation but it still rattled.
  19. 0

Soggies sports registry

Also, where did you get the extra trim pieces?
  20. 0

02 Sport - Project

Looks nice, looks like we did a lot of the same things to our Explorers. Did you take the bumper off to paint it?
  21. 0

22. 0

Added a Hunter Brush Guard, took off the roof rack for the time being.
  23. 0

Soggies sports registry

That's probably what I need to do, I have my rims dipped and have to touch them up about once every few months...how hard was it to pull the trim off?
  24. 0

Soggies sports registry

Nice ride! Did you dip the rims and the trim or paint?
  25. 0

Fuel Cap Light

I'm having the same problem as everyone else, it started with gas cap light and now it's gas cap and check engine lights coming on every few hundred miles (have had them cleared at local parts stores). Did anyone ever come up with a fix? Thanks in advance.
Back