Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

2002 Rotors and Pads???

Does anybody have any recomendations for a set of rear rotors and rear brake pads for a 2002 Explorer XLT? It is a 4 door and 4wd. I have looked on ebay and online, but havent came across much. I came across this site...Rotors and Pads They have rear Hawk pads for $63 and rear rotors for...
  2. T

Adjusting 2002 headlights???

My lights are uneven. They probably both need lowered just a bit and evened out. What exactly is it that is suppose to be turned with the 4 mm socket??? I have been through their a couple of times with the Explorer. Havent really hung out there these past two summers though. Seems pretty...
  3. T

Painting plastic around bottom...

I am not sure what exactly it is called, but I am referring to all the plastic on the bottom of the Explorers. I am thinking about getting all of it painted silver to match the rest of the suv, but cant make up my mind. I was wondering if anybody had any pics of a 2002 XLT that is one color...
  4. T

Adjusting 2002 headlights???

I was wondering how I could adjust the headlights in my 02 Explorer XLT??? I would like to do it myself if possible and appreciate any help...
  5. T

Painting Tail Pipe???

Yeah I figured it would not last for too long. I just hate looking at a tail pipe that aint shining next to the 22s. I also thought about getting a chrome exhaust tip but dont know of any good ones for a 2002 XLT. Any suggestions for one?
  6. T

Painting Tail Pipe???

I was wondering if anybody has ever done this before??? I was at the muffler shop yesterday and was going to get the muffler and tail pipe replaced because it looks as if it is getting some age on it. The guy checked it out and said that I still have at least 2-3 years of use left on it...
  7. T

My 02 Explorer...

Here are more pics here...http://www.cardomain.com/id/cklawon Also go ahead and vote LOL...
  8. T

My 02 Explorer...

Here are some pics that I took today...My X
  9. T

boominXplorer

Thumbs up for a quick payment with paypal. Great buyer...
  10. T

My 02 Explorer...

Those pictures are before the drop. I havent had time to get new pictures since it has been lowered. Definitly looks better. I will have some new pictures as soon as I get the calipers and wheel wells painted and detail it.
  11. T

My 02 Explorer...

It was a 1.6" drop although I hope it settles a lil more. I wont be buying new tires for a while. At least not for the 22s I wont. I just spent $1400 for a set of four and only have about 1K miles on them.
  12. T

My 02 Explorer...

Well I had the Explorer lowered this weekend! Looks great. Took my friends about 3 hours to do. I went with the Ground Force lowering springs. I will post pics up soon. Just need to get a few other small things done such as the blue G2 caliper paint, painting the wheel wells, and the blue...
  13. T

Switching out headlight bulbs???

It was way easier than what everybody here said it would be. There was two metal pieces that just had to be pulled up and the headlights came right out. Decided to look in the manual and it was there. Took me just a couple minutes! Thanks for the help though.
  14. T

Gauge Install???

These are the MPH gauges, etc. They are suppose to go right over the factory ones. I was just wondering if I had to take the dash apart as it seems you have to in the older Explorers.
  15. T

02 XLT Fog Lights....

Did you purchase your fog lights off Ebay or from some where else? Trying to see if I can come across a lil better deal if I can.
  16. T

02 XLT Fog Lights....

Has anybody purchased these fog lights off of Ebay before...Explorer Fog Lights ??? I want a set badly and am thinking of buying these. Also is it very difficult for the install??? Thanks...
  17. T

Gauge Install???

I bought some gauges for my 02 Explorer XLT a lil while ago and am planning on installing them here in a week or so. Has anybody here installed them on an 02 and had problems? Also what are the steps for install? I found the do it yourself install for the 99 Explorers and was wondering if it...
  18. T

Aftermarket Pin Stripes

I like the Flame pinstriping the best of those three.
  19. T

Cleaning wheel wells...

I also use Simple Green to clean them. Hose it off and let it dry. Then spray it with a tire foam. Looks really good. That area has to look nice since I put on my new 22s. That area gets a lot of attention. I also started to spray my black running boards with the tire foam and it makes a...
  20. T

Explorer Express Special: 10% off $200+ (ends April 30th)

That'd be sweet. I am thinking of buying a set this week.
  21. T

Explorer Express Special: 10% off $200+ (ends April 30th)

Just 5 cents short of $200. LOL I want the Ground Force Springs.
  22. T

Coilovers or Springs???

Are there any other brands out there other than Ground Force? Just wanna check around for different brands and prices. Also how much should I expect to pay for a shop to install them? Thanks...
  23. T

Coilovers or Springs???

Thanks Alec! That price doesnt seem bad at all either. I will go check out a local shop here and see how much they would charge for labor. Thanks again...
  24. T

Coilovers or Springs???

I have a 02 Explorer XLT that is 4x4 and a 4 door. I also have 22s. I am wanting to lower it but cant find any coilovers or springs for sale any where! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  25. T

My 02 Explorer...

I thought the same thing once I finally saw the wheels on. I should have gone with a lil bigger tire, but heard that was the size of tire to go with... so I did. I do wanna lower it, but am not sure on how much I am able to. I dont have the money for airbags right now because of school...
Back