Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

Exhaust dimension comparison - 4.0L vs 4.6L

I have to do a complete exhaust system replacement on my 06. I've looked through the forum but can't find anyone with this question. Will an exhaust system from a 4.0L bolt up to a 4.6L truck? I don't want to spend a grand on a Gibson cat-back system, and any of the other kits for v8s come with...
  2. 4

Pinout diagram for 6 CD radio

Does anybody have a pinout diagram for the 6 CD Radio? 2002 explorer. no subwoofer, no rear controls, no rear entertainment. I wanted to see if there is a way to hook up a 3.5mm jack to the cd changer input on the back of the unit. I know there is 2 inputs on the back (one for main hookup and...
  3. 4

02 Explorer auto headlamp and fog switch modification

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382734 Here you go. Unfortunately no pictures yet. I don't know how to post em... lol. I'm just waiting for someone to tell me how to. I can't find a way to post the jpeg file itself.
  4. 4

How I modified my headlamp/fog switch

I'm sure most of you early 02 explorer owners have noticed that if you have fog lamps, you can't turn them on in the auto position (if you have auto lamps too). I'm going to tell you how to cut a small piece of a plastic bracket inside the switch so you can turn it on in the auto position. If...
  5. 4

For anyone who is interested, I did this myself and it was a relatively easy process taking me about 20 minutes to do. I took pictures and photographs and will be creating a writeup hopefully sometime this weekend as I'm busy during the week. I did not end up finding a link how to do it. I just...
  6. 4

Sticky Tach

I'm posting this because I'm planing on removing the instrument cluster in my '99 ranger. The tachometer either sits at zero or comes back to life with a punch to the top of the dash. I've read countless other threads about people with the needle sticking at 3500 rpm and even other posts with...
  7. 4

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this forum. I've been reading many posts on this site for about 2 years now and I recently decided to get a profile. I've been doing google searches and searches on this forum to find if there is a link somewhere that shows the steps to modify the autolamp switch on...
Back