Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Time for tires

I went with the same tires today, like driving a new vehicle.
  2. Z

My rear brakes look like they are wearing funny.

I would think it goes further, that video was made in 2014 I believe so a 2015 would be as far as it went. That said, I think Napa has a coated bracket that is not supposed to have the rust problem.
  3. Z

PTU Problems

Just had to chime in and say that my ptu was just replaced, squeaked in under warranty by a month. 85,000 on the clock.
  4. Z

Explorer spark plugs replacement

Did the plugs last week, cleaned the throttle body and changed the pcv while I was about it. Took me about 2 hours and $50. in parts, got all the parts from Amazon as well. I had 80,000 miles when this was done and the removed plug gaps measured at .080 so they were way worn. I watched a couple...
  5. Z

Explorer spark plugs replacement

Funny to see this thread pop up at the top, I'm planning to do my plugs this month some time after losing a coil recently. Was told that a plug with a widening gap can over work a coil and cause it to fail so i'm changing them before I lose another. Checked with the dealer and they wanted $410...
  6. Z

Battery Life

Just replaced the original battery in my 2011 Limited, winter is just around the corner and I didn't feel like pushing my luck.
  7. Z

2017 Explorer Fuse Box (looking for 12V constant power) for dashcam

I just installed a dash-cam in my 2011, I mounted it at the top of the windshield and tapped into the power for the moonroof. Was able to tuck all the extra wire in the headliner and there was even a screw to use for a ground. All I had to do was pop out the sunglass holder/switch assembly. 15...
  8. Z

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

I've had my 2011 in for a strange noise that I thought was a belt/tensioning pulley problem, turns out (after several visits) that they determined it's the water pump. I'm just shy of 63k miles so it seems to fit with some of the posts here. I was also told it would take 1 to 2 weeks for a new...
  9. Z

Shift to Park Warning

This issue has been popping up much more now that cold weather has arrived. Brought my Explorer in for another issue and brought this up as well, they had the shifter in stock and replaced it no questions asked. Just cost me the $100 deductible for both issues.
  10. Z

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

I finally fixed mine by using the $100 extended warranty deductible and buying a garmin nuvi 52 from amazon. Lifetime maps for less than $100 bucks and no more wasted trips to the dealer to hear "we couldn't replicate the problem". Do they actually think people have time to waste on repeated...
  11. Z

temporary disable back up alarm

On my 2011 a box will pop up in the left screen when I shift to reverse with a trailer and it starts beeping, it lets you kill the warning with the steering wheel button.
  12. Z

Ambient lighting

Mine does the same thing. When turned off it will randomly turn back on and when left on it will eventually change back to the crystal blue color within a few days. Both happen on start-up only.
  13. Z

Windshield Wipers/Defrost

I found the winter blades at NAPA that fit, couldn't find them elsewhere except rock auto.
  14. Z

shark fin

I want one too, but 4+ months now upgrading a website makes me a bit suspicious.
  15. Z

Battery Life

I can't say for sure as I bought mine used 6 months ago. I'll check the battery label next time I pop the hood.
  16. Z

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

I purchased one on my used 2011 when I bought it in Feb. I went with the Ford ESP even though the dealer tried steering me to some plan they "always" use. Far too many electronic gadgets that can mess up for me to chance not getting it.
  17. Z

GPS Connection Delays

The red X is back again, happened 3 times yesterday on a sunny and nearly cloudless day. I guess I'll keep my Garmin in the center console for when I need a working nav system.
  18. Z

How many have had APIM replaced?

1. 2011 Limited November 2010 2. 34000 3. No 4. NA 5. NA 6. Samsung Galaxy S4/ Wife S3 7. NA 8. NA notes: I don't use my phone for music or nav in case that matters.
  19. Z

Adding Remote Start Access

Sounds cool as I'm a gadget freak, but I can't justify that kind of outlay when I have remote start to begin with and the wife would probably flip out. lol
  20. Z

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Took about a 1/2 hour for me. I probably won't update till tomorrow.
  21. Z

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

It's no longer syncmyride, it's https://support.ford.com/tools/account/sync-software
  22. Z

Adding Remote Start Access

The module looks to be around 500 bucks + install? How much is the subscription i read about in the instructions??
  23. Z

2011 Limited-hvac won't change from dash to floor or defrost!

I just had this TSB done but in my case the temp was hot on one side and cold on the other. The fix does involve a reprogram of the HVAC module so maybe that will help.
  24. Z

climate control: HVAC Issues

I just had this TSB done but in my case the temp was hot on one side and cold on the other. The fix does involve a reprogram of the HVAC module so maybe that will help.
Back