Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Headlight harness connector

When my headlights were acting goofy the last place I looked was the headlight switch. There appears to be a good bit of current going through it to several different areas. Mine one of the heavier gauge wires at the connector was melted and the plastic was in bad shape.
  2. A

Headlight harness connector

Headlight harness When my headlights started turning off when I was driving at night {go figure} I found the connector for the headlight switch was melted.. When I fixed that somehow I ran across one of those harness's. Well I read about you don't have the voltage drop and when the power for...
  3. A

Driveshaft slop

Grease fitting I added one to both drive shafts in my 94.. Mine makes noise (clunking) when going into reverse most of the time. Not a bad enough to where iam worried about it. All of my U Joints have been replaced along with the rear being rebuilt with a Yukon duragrip. I just blame it on the...
  4. A

How to: Remove and Replace your 2nd gen 1996 - 2001 Explorer V8 Radiator (with pics)

Thank you so much!! I did one in a 97 Mounty today and it was a real pain until I looked on the forum. I have a 94 Ex and that one is cake compaired to this one. The 97 belongs to a coworker. I also did the hoses and thermostat. Thank you for the write up and pics..
  5. A

For Sale 1998 Ford Explorer Limited Black V8 5.0 AWD 4X4 conversion 2nd owner

sounds like they want to keep it? If they have a number in mind just let me know. Since I'll have to get it shipped to me and that will be a added expense. I'am just looking for a V8 Ex or mounty. Then I saw yours that already had a lot of mods done. It sparked my eye.
  6. A

For Sale 1998 Ford Explorer Limited Black V8 5.0 AWD 4X4 conversion 2nd owner

Still for sale? Hello, Just wondering if this Ex was still for sale. Let me know when you get a chance. Thank you S.
  7. A

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Today "long day" Well after I took Theodore for his first walk of the day I started the cooling system flush and upgrade. Oh before I forget i flushed the brake fluid. I ran about 1 1/2 Quarts thru it. Then i tackled the CEL issue that was easy i just blew the water from the DPFE lines and put...
  8. A

Over heat? FIRST GEN All aluminum 3 row radiators!

Mine went in today !! I bought one about 1 month ago. I installed it today along with a new heater core and a thermostat. I flushed the system really good then installed the new parts and flushed with water one more time. I had to cut the lower nipple about 3/4 to 1" like FR said. Also mine...
  9. A

How to: My 1st Gen Heater Core Replacement Diary

A walk in the park!! A big thumbs up to Glacier for this write up that includes all the cool pics. I just did mine. Ford designed this one with your everyday Joe in mind. I also flushed the whole cooling system and installed a new thermostat. The Ex also got one of those 3 row all aluminum...
  10. A

dual valves springs OK with stock cam?

When i first saw the pic that was posted of the si valves compaired to the stockers a blind man could see the amount of flow that is lost. What was ford thinking or lack there of.
  11. A

Ya know i was thinking the same thing? The phone call was no more then i got some stainless valves that u will like alot, And how many do u want.. Then he asked if i was doing this for just myself or was i doing it for other people as well
  12. A

portflow valves I was disapointed when i saw that SI wasnt making or showing on thier site the portflows for the OHV 4.0L. So i emailed em asking about some valves for the heads i'am gonna put on my EX. Thinking the worst big money for custom made valves.. Well they replied and said the...
  13. A

fuel tank skid plate

Explorer tank My 94 Ex has a metal tank in it. Which ones are plastic? I did the pump in mine back in June or July.
  14. A

fuel tank skid plate

When i did my fuelpump with the access hole method, I was able to put several wet rags on top of the tank while cut the access panel. I did'nt know if mine had any leaks or not. Worked like a charm! The panal tip is what made join this forum. Tons of good info here, Search search and search... S.
  15. A

Over heat? FIRST GEN All aluminum 3 row radiators!

Those look's like the ticket, I think i'll be the proud owner of one myself. Also it's not if the aluminum/plastic Radiator is gonna leak it's when... And it's also got a larger trans cooler too?
  16. A

doing the tranny

Hello, It shifts firm not tire chirping hard. My old one when going down the highway: The torque converter would unlock all the time then flare up and lock back up. This one stays locked up till u hit the brake (turning off the cruise) and only revs up 2 or 3 hundred rpm's til it locks back up...
  17. A

doing the tranny

My a4ld bit the dust about a month ago, I was pulling a small enclosed trailer with a Heritage Softail and a lot of tools in it. Everything was fine got the trailer to the destination, Then drove about 90 miles home and it started slipping like no tomorrow about 4 or 5 blocks from home. I...
  18. A

New guy on the block

Hello all, I've been hanging around the forum on and off for a couple of months. I just got a 94 explorer xlt and been having a good time going over it, Fixin this and fixin that. S.
Back