Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

*Please Read* Heat Promblem Still Not Fixed?

Yes they are both hot. The blend door was working and my model does not have a heater control valve.
  2. D

*Please Read* Heat Promblem Still Not Fixed?

Hey everyone, so today was a busy day. I changed the spark plugs and wires on the Explorer, it runs a lot better now. Finally! But the other problem I was trying to address was how come I have no heat. I took the dashboard apart and got access to the heater core. I let the truck warm up and it...
  3. D

Spark Plug Question

Turns out the ones that I got don't need to be gapped as they are already gapped when they leave the factory. Now I get to take them all out again and regap them to factory settings.
  4. D

Spark Plug Question

Hello, I just bought some Denso PK16TT spark plugs and I gapped them at 0.054 but the plugs are gapped at 0.040 is it okay that I gapped them? Are these plugs good or not?
  5. D

Engine Wont Start

I had a problem similar to this. The thing that was wrong was that the wires were coming out of the battery terminals. I took the wires out of the terminals and put them back in and that fixed the problem and haven't had a problem since.
  6. D

How Many Miles are on Your Explorer?

How many miles do you have on your Explorer. Mine is a 1992 XLT and has about 220,147 on it.
  7. D

Possible clutch problem 92 explorer XL

Something like this happened to me. I was at a stop sign in my other car (98 Honda Accord), all of the sudden I couldn't go. Without notice something went and I couldn't go anywhere. It turned out that it was the slave cylinder. I'm not to sure about what the clutch system is like in the...
  8. D

Spark Plugs

I want to change my spark plugs on my Explorer. Took them out and they were black. What kind of spark plugs should I get?
  9. D

Heat Not Working

Thanks for all the replies, I will check what all of you said and get back to you all .
  10. D

Heat Not Working

No i don't.
  11. D

Heat Not Working

Hello, I have a 1992 Ford Explorer XLT. The current issue is that the heater doesn't work. All of the vents blow out air but it is not warm. I let the vehicle get to operating temperature and felt the hoses that go to the firewall and they were both warm. The top one was warmer then the bottom...
  12. D

Starting Problem

I have a 1992 Ford Explorer XLT and this morning I drove down the street and back and it was running rough the last few days and after I parked it I went inside and took a shower and came back out and went to start it and it made one tick and then stopped. I then opened the hood and saw one of...
Back