Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Ex Dies while running, now won't start

checked that, didn't seem to be the problem
  2. P

I've had no time to work on it until now. With that in mind..... I'm getting spark, so that's not the problem. I know it has something to do with the fuel pump. There is no pressure in the fuel rail as I found out with the shraeder valve. The relay is fine so I have narrowed it down...
  3. P

Yeah, I checked it and the harness is providing the correct voltages when the ignition is in the on position.
  4. P

93 XLT ,won't start Hmmm, Going down the road, hit a light bump, all of a sudden, no throttle response. Smooth as can be and a few flickers of the battery light. I pull over and shut it off, but it won't start back up, acting as if its a dead battery. So I replace the battery, now the...
  5. P

Phoenix gang...I'm going wheelin tonight

Poo-Poo, I couldn't go. I'm up for something maybe next weekend, just not friday. Can only be one though, since I have a TON of wedding planning to do still and the clock is ticking.
  6. P

Arizona Run February 22-23

Four words.... LETS GET IT AAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!! :chug:
  7. P

Four Wheel Drive Acting Funny

I have the EXACT same problem. After playing with it a little bit, I can get it into 4High and 4Low, but rarely on the first try. My first thought was that it was the shift motor, although I had rebuilt it not too long ago. So I went ahead and rebuilt just this last weekend. It still looked...
  8. P

Ooh, I'm getting goosebumps already. AZ Run here I come. To make things better, this is actually my first Explorer group outing. 2 weeks is just too long to wait. :cool: I just need to go get a new spare and towstraps (old ones are dead). Ooh, goosebumps.
  9. P

Transfer case and 4LOW issues

The last time I went out wheeling I had some issues with my transfer case not engaging into 4LOW. Specifically (and this was confirmed again today), I can get the transfer case to shift into 4HIGH but as soon as I try to put in into 4LOW, the indicator lights for 4HIGH on the selector and the...
  10. P

Florence Junction 1-25-03

I know its really short notice, but myself and some friends will be at Florence Junction tommorrow morning at 8:00 AM. All are welcome. We're not going to do anything hard, its more a site trip. Probably go to the Coke Ovens and do some other little things while we are out there. If...
  11. P

Ball joints R Us

I didn't think they were that bad to install, just time consuming. I rented the tools from autozone, although, theirs works, its not the best. I think you will need an alignment. I be shocked if you didnt simply because the entire front end has to be taken apart and they will most likely put...
  12. P

Weighed the Explorer today!

It sure doesn't help having those 20+lbs "balancing" weights on the back on the transfer case and the rear differential. :eek: I have been thinking of ways to decrease the weight, but unfortunately, theres not much one can do. Where is the bulk of the weight anyway, engine, tranny, axles...
  13. P

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

I'll show off first... Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed
  14. P

BFG Krawlers

The Goodyear MTRs suck.:thumbdwn: I went out with a group of hardcore guys in a buddies rig and one the guys in the group was running MTRs. Needless to say, he couldn't grip anything. He was sliding all over the place. Keep in mind that these are AZ rocks and there was water in sight. He...
  15. P

8.8 Axle - 3/4" or 7/8" shaft size?

Yes, the pinion shaft, sorry about that. OK, so its 7/8"
  16. P

8.8 Axle - 3/4" or 7/8" shaft size?

I have a 93 XLT, what is the shaft size, 3/4 or 7/8"?
  17. P

I' m there!!!:cool:
  18. P

First Generation Explorers With 33x12.50's Bring Pictures Here!

I actually have no idea what the backspacing is and I can't find the number online either. Sorry:(
  19. P

First Generation Explorers With 33x12.50's Bring Pictures Here!

1993 XLT, 2.5" James Duff Lift, 2" body lift, 15x8 Chrome Modulars. Had a little rubbing on the back of the front fender. A little trimming solved that. Dead Link Removed
  20. P

Any Good 4x4 In Arizona???

The White Tanks is a maze, I admit and finding trails is very difficult. I grew up on that side of town and my buddies and I have found a few trails. We haven't explored as much as we would like. The trails that we have found are off of Miller Road. Its on the far south side of the mountains...
  21. P

Locker and Snow Question

Having the rear end come around in me is the exact reason why I want a selectable in the rear (aside from driving characteristics). One of my buddies is fully locked front and rear and his rear end occasionally comes around on him when we go rock climbing and it ends up causing all kinds of...
  22. P

Locker and Snow Question

Well, that sucks:( Have to rethink this I guess.
  23. P

There a many trails at those locations that stock Explorers are capable of. You would be surprised what a stock Explorer can do.
  24. P

Locker and Snow Question

I understand the physical mechanics of lockers, but because I have never driven with them, I am not very knowledgable about the actual driving characteristics. With that, I am planning on putting a selectable locker in the rear, and a Powertrax No-Slip in the front. The reason for this is...
  25. P

"The list is long, but distinguished." - Goose Tons. 1. Florence Junction (practically an offroad park) 2. Table Mesa Road (practically another offroad park, but mostly extreme) 3. White Tanks Mountains 4. Superstition Mountains 5. Apache Junction 6. Crown King 7...
Back