Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. TBill

Scouting New Tires

Take a look here: New Tires 2020 Platinum
  2. TBill

2025 Platinum Question

The 3.0 EcoBoost engine is an option for the Platinum.
  3. TBill

2025 Explorer Review by Blwnsmoke

Sorry I missed the chance to go to see the 2025 Explorer, looks like Ill be ready to lease a new one in 2026, they should have any kinks in this new model worked out by then. Thanks for the review. I will be interesting to see if the ST & Platinum have paddle shifters. I really like those on my...
  4. TBill

Intermittent and Rain Sensing Wipers Not Working '21 LTD

Center of the windshield behind the inside mirror, suspect when the windshield was replaced they did not wire it correctly or the connector has come loose. TBill
  5. TBill

Floor, cargo mats / liners

If you click on the line it comes up on Amazon's web site with SmartLiner rear cargo mat. Don't know why the link looks like that. TBill
  6. TBill

New Tires 2020 Platinum

No problem with road noise, only thing I have noticed is the flat spot when the vehicle has been sitting for a day or so, once they warm up no problem. So far so good. TBill
  7. TBill

New Member with 360 Degree Camera Delete

If you have the optional technology package, the button is on the touch screen under the camera view. TBill
  8. TBill

New Tires 2020 Platinum

Time for new tires, 31,000 on the original Perilli's after some research went with the Toyo Open Country QT's. 65,000 mile warranty. TBill
  9. TBill

2020 Explorer Limited CV Axle leaking grease

Both of mine were done under powertrain warranty, They were about 6 months apart. Very common problem. TB
  10. TBill

Update For Rear Camera Recall Disabled My Explorer Today!

Ford has not as of yet released a permanent fix for the rear camera issue. On my Ford Owners page it still shows a recall is in order but as of today no permanent fix has been developed.
  11. TBill

360 back up camera recall 2020-2023 models - FSA 23S02

Received the letter from Ford yesterday indicating the recall of the rear view camera has been suspended. TB
  12. TBill

360 back up camera recall 2020-2023 models - FSA 23S02

My 2020 Platinum was in for service on Monday. The rear view camera was replaced back in January of 2022, it's been working fine ever since. Dealer advised me not to do the current recall as all seems fine. Now I see the recall was put on hold. Good, as my system is working great! TBill
  13. TBill

New Explorer Edition?

Recently a friend of mine found these chrome plated badges. I added one to my 2020 Platinum. I like it!:) TBill
  14. TBill

Platinum Owners - Any Regrets?

I have a 2020 Platinum, leased then purchased in Dec. of '22, few minor issues, nothing major. No regrets, 25K miles, love the vehicle, power and technology . TBill
  15. TBill

New Sync version 3.4.22251

Well deleted the iPhone from the Explorer and the Bluetooth Explorer device from the phone, re-added it back to the Explorer and phone, all seems to be working. TBill
  16. TBill

Well since the update, my iPhone no longer downloads the contact list to the Explorer. Tried to make an outgoing call yesterday on my way back up the mountain from Phoenix. Sync would not download the contact list.I will have to delete the phone and it and add it back in today to see if that...
  17. TBill

My update took about 20 minutes, it generated the log file to notify Ford of the vehicle's updated version of Sync. Does anyone know what the update did? I don't see any real changes. TBill
  18. TBill

RWD to 4WD swap

Ford did not offer the King Ranch version in 2020. TBill
  19. TBill

CV joint leaking fluid

There was some information that the clamps were too tight when the axle shafts were manufactured, eventually cutting into the boots. Can't say that's what my problem was, but I checked and a new axle shaft was installed as there is no reliable way to repair the boot over the CV joint. TBill
  20. TBill

CV joint leaking fluid

Repair completed, report indicated no signs of external damage to the boot, axle shaft was removed and replaced under warranty. TBill
  21. TBill

CV joint leaking fluid

Well it's at the Ford dealer, part is suppose to be in tomorrow, they said is should be ready at the end of the day. Under warranty. TBill
  22. TBill

CV joint leaking fluid

Thank you, yes that looks just like the issue I'm having, hopefully the dealer has the parts to repair it, seem like a fairly easy part replacement. TBill
  23. TBill

CV joint leaking fluid

Not that I can recall, low milage only 23,700 miles on it. Will see what happens on Tuesday. TBill
  24. TBill

CV joint leaking fluid

Notice a black liquid on the floor of the garage under the inside of drivers side front wheel. Here is what it looks like: It's scheduled to go into the dealer on Tuesday morning.
Back