Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

biggest size tire for stock sport?

Thanks, appreciate it. I didn't even notice a change in ride before the tires. The only difference with the tires is the normal humm of mud tires (which I like-but I also don't drive a ton) but no difference in ride quality.
  2. E

Locker for 02 Sport

What type of lockers are people running on 02 Sports? Is it going to run me $500 plus to purchase?
  3. E

biggest size tire for stock sport?

I only have 1"tt and shackles and I am easily running 265/75/r16 BFG Mud terrains. Slight rubbing at full turn but they look great and give the ex a whole new stance. Pics don't do justice to the new stance. http://community.webshots.com/user/vas0508
  4. E

3rd Gen with 32"s

pics Here are a few pics of my exp with the new tires. Pics are a little dark and does not do justice to the better stance it now has. http://community.webshots.com/user/vas0508
  5. E

3rd Gen with 32"s

So are you saying that the 2002+ sport trac and sport owners do not have tires and wheels and are not to post on this forum? If you are stating that, you obviously are bored but need to find someway to better handle your time. Thanks for the tip though!
  6. E

3rd Gen with 32"s

I give up
  7. E

3rd Gen with 32"s

Excuse me, 2nd gen chasis, but 3rd gen body style
  8. E

3rd Gen with 32"s

The front measured around 33" and the back 32". There was about a 3" increase after the mods
  9. E

3rd Gen with 32"s

Just put on my 265/75r16 BFG M/T yesterday(32x10.50). Just have a 1" TT and warior shackles(1.5"). Tires fit great and only slight rubbing on sharp turns. Gives the Ex a great stance. Front and back wheelwells now measure around 36". The tall wheelwells on the 3rd gen sports are amazing...
  10. E

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Exp Sport 02 Put on my new 265/75r16s(32x10.50) BFG Mud Terrains today. Only have 1" torsion twist and warrior shackles. tires fit great and room to spare. Slight rubbing on full turns but that is it. I will post some pics later this week. the tall wheelwells on the 3rd gen sports are amazing
  11. E

2001 Explorer sport 2WD lift kit options?

most spindle lifts will give you 2-3"'s and you will keep the same ride quality. To match that in the rear you will probably have to do an add-a-leaf and the warrior shackles(each give about 1.5"). I have my torsion bars cranked 1" now with the warrior shackles, the ride hasn't changed at all...
  12. E

04 4dr Xlt

a rock hit my fog light and i had to get a new one from Ford. I had to buy the whole fog light unit, not just bulb. $80 what a shame
  13. E

My first and the worst adventure

Take it by any tire shop and test fit (wider tires ) and see what you like
  14. E

01 Explorer Sport Tires and Lift help!!

265/75/r16 should fit fine(32x 10.5), the new ex's are higher in the front. if you do shackles and AAL that will give you 3 inches. and in the front i really wouldn't go over 2" with a TT... not sure about wider tires
  15. E

How to: Warrior Shackle Installation (pics)

with the AAL, you add an extra leaf to your leaf pack(making it a little stiffer). It is fine if your axle is on top. This will give you about 1.5". Shackles will also give you about 1.5" in the rear and is very easy to do if you spray the bolts with some lube a few days before or even a few...
  16. E

How to: Warrior Shackle Installation (pics)

Instuctions on WAR 153 says 35-40ft lbs or torque...... That enough? I have noticed others going higher
  17. E

x sport stock setup have any 31 inch tire rubbing issues?

throw some shackles on and crank the torsion bars and 31's will fit fine
  18. E

Towing Hitches & Warrior Shackles

I have a 2002 sport and got a hitch from Leonard(class 3), it is about 2 inches from the shackles now(the bottum of the shackle). Is this going to interfere with the WAR 153?
  19. E

2002 Lift

What Trailmaster lift will work for the 02 sport 2wd?
  20. E

2002 Lift

Some have mentioned there are lifts for the 02 sport 2wd, what is available? besides TT and shackles/AAL
  21. E

2001-2002 X Sport

I saw in the June 2002 Truckin mag a Billet grille for 01-04 Sports. www.sporttrucking.com priced around $130
  22. E

YOU CAN LIFT A 2002 EXPLORER

Is there a spindle lift for a 02 sport 2wd yet?
Back