Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

'03 2-door Explorer - are we being safe?

you are good. sounds like you are going to be cautious which is always a good idea when towing anything and having the leveling hitch on the truck makes things much better and safer also having the trailer brake controller you will be fine.
  2. D

T/case upgrade

Thanks for all the info guys. I am also wondering if you know a good shift kit for this trans. Getting ready to service trans again and want to install a good shift kit but cant find any mention of a shift kit for 2000 xlt. did a search and did not find much.
  3. D

T/case upgrade

I have 2000 XLT and want to get rid of the c/v style front drive shaft. Does anyone know if there is a kit to replace that side of the front drive shaft and retro fit to a u joint on that side? I have searched and had trouble finding anything talking about it.
  4. D

wreck

thanks a lot this helps.
  5. D

wreck

My step son hit a horse fence over the weekend and destroyed the front end of my 2000 x. I found a 98 x local guy is selling for parts anyone know if the front bumper and grill and grill support will fit my 2000? I don't know how interchangeable the parts are on these.:exp:
  6. D

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

252,x.. and going strong. I have a gen3 4.0 ford reman I will be putting in it come spring. Motor only has 20k on it. Need to find another trans want to do motor and trans at the same time.
  7. D

vibration

I was driving my truck home from work the other day and hit a small dip in the road and got a vibration from hell in steering wheel and felt like the whole truck was shacking to pieces. I pulled over off the interstate and looked at tie rod ends and ball joints did not see anything out of the...
  8. D

Transmission 5R55S - Help - 2005 Ford Explorer

trans I have a good trans and t case out of 2002 let it go for 600.00 dls you pay shipping.
  9. D

lean

smoke tested vac system and intake no leaks. Just so you know smoke tested with snap on smoke machine. not blowing cig smoke through the breather.
  10. D

lean

Got two codes on my ex system too lean bank 1 system too lean bank 2 check engine light on and had it stumble and shut off twice this past weekend. I checked fuel pressure and it was at 65psi at idle. I have driven it since I clear the codes and they come back shortly after. Truck is running...
  11. D

Please please please help me...ford explorer sohc engine issue

disconnect the pipes at the exhaust manifolds and let them hang. It will be loud but if the problem goes away you know one the cat's is clogged. Yes if you do not have emissions testing in your country than you can straight pipe the cat's cut them out and weld a straight pipe in place. Just...
  12. D

trans

10 4
  13. D

trans

I have a auto trans out of a 3rd gen ex 4x4 with only 120,000 on it. Does anyone know if I can retrofit it to my 2nd gen? I assume it is not possible but want to make sure. If I cant use it in mine I would be interested in trading. :exporange
  14. D

torsion keys

10 4 guys thanks for the info. I am just going to do the TT
  15. D

torsion keys

Because I have a 06 chevrolet z71 that I have cranked the torsion bars way up on to get 285 tires under it and it rides like a brick truck and I dont want my EX to feel the same way I have 1.5" shackle extensions on the rear and have already turned the bars up a good bit to get 31 10.5 under it...
  16. D

torsion keys

I want to install the torsion keys that reindex the torsion bars for lift in the front does anyone know if the OEM length shocks can be used or do I need to buy longer shocks?
  17. D

tuner

I want to do a flash tuner to my 2000 and I was wanting to get some recomendations. Installing cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and electric engine fan.:salute:
  18. D

noob needs help

If your bell housing bolt holes are lined up and the TC bolts are lined up it has to be something between the block and the bell housing. wire harness or something. do not force it by trying to pull it in with the bell housing bolts YOU WILL BREAK THE HOUSING.
  19. D

How many miles does your Ex have?

2000 xlt 228,485 on it
  20. D

Muffler upgrade question

Not trying to be a you know what but that thing is a truck not a rice burner tuner car. Its a truck anything biger than a 3" tip will look crazy in my opinion but that is what it is my opinion. I would recomend a Gibson or Flowmaster muffler for that year rather than a universal.
  21. D

electric fan

Man put those 31x10.50 BFG AT on my truck it changed the whole look. this thing looks awsome. I want to get rid off the hydrostatic fan and install electric fan. I was thinking of going with a 18" universal and just wiring in a five pin relay with a 12v solenoid and a toggle switch or installing...
  22. D

ford reman 4.0 sohc

Oh yea I drove it 20 miles to the garage before yanking it! A freinds mother passed and he gave me the truck with no title and i gutted it and parted most of it out and scrapped the rest. He knew she had a motor put in it but did not know it was a Ford reman. He also told me that he was sure the...
  23. D

ford reman 4.0 sohc

That also makes sense. How do I determine if it has the new style guides? Never had timing covers off of one of these things.
  24. D

ford reman 4.0 sohc

Yea that is what I was thinking also.
  25. D

ford reman 4.0 sohc

All, I got my hands on a 4.0 sohc with the ford reman tag on the left head out of a 2002. When I pulled the motor looking at the block it cant have more than 30,000 on it block has no rust at all on it and paint is still quite fresh hell the bolts ont he oil pan have zero rust on the heads...
Back