Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. I

Pop goes the tranny!

OK. So the tranny guy called me today. He said I broke an intermediate band, had worn clutch plates, and some other various worn out parts. Total will be about $1200 for the rebuild. Not as bad as I originally thought it would have been. wish me luck on the install next weekend...
  2. I

I Did It!!!!

Hey...I'm from haverhill, have friends in groveland. Sean
  3. I

IAC or Alternator?

Just a note: I have automatic climate control. Even when I have the heater on, the A/C compressor kicks in once a minute or so. it will cause the same symptoms you describe. Next time you have a minute, pop your hood and turn on the heat and watch your A/C compressor. Sean
  4. I

Wierd Problem

All my signal wires run down the right side. Underneath the plastic at the edge of the carpet at the doors. My power for my amp runs down the left side of my truck in the same place. My power and signal wires are seperate and I have no noise.
  5. I

Pop goes the tranny!

Yes I'll keep you posted. Hopefully the tranny dosnt cost too much. Christmas is coming soon...... sean
  6. I

IAC or Alternator?

you said you had your blower on... Mine truck does the same thing. What you are watching is the duty cycle of the A/C. When the clutch kicks in on the ac compressor, it puts a big load on the electrical, and on the engine. And at idle its noticeable. For an experiment, go out under your...
  7. I

overdrive control lamp blinking

the flashing light is the trans computer telling you of a code that has been thrown. Take it to a shop with OBD diag equipment, they'll let you know whats up.
  8. I

Pop goes the tranny!

Hi all. Recently I lost 2nd gear in my explorer :( On saturday the boss (I'm a mechanic) let me take over the shop for a day to yank it out. Gotta say it wasnt too bad of a job. Biggest PITA was getting the exhaust out of the way. I am very happy ford had the insight to put the trans wiring...
  9. I

1995 EB OBD questions

Hi all. Was wondering if anyone had any insight to why my 95 has a DLC under the dash for ODB II. Under the hood I have the OBD I connectors also. I am an auto tech guy by trade, and at work we have a really nice OBD computer that can read any computer we need it to. I can't get any data out of...
  10. I

92 Explorer Concern! *HELP!*

You said the liquid evaporated, if it was engine oil then it would stay there. If it's coolant it will be green, that will evaporate, but not in a hurry. Coolant will leave an oily residue behind. If you blew an AC line, that too would evaporate rather quickly and would also leave an oily...
  11. I

It whistles.......

My truck recently started this also. I found out it was common the same day also. I was sitting in a parking lot and I heard an engine start behind me. I said that sounds like my exploder!! Turned around and it was an explorer of around the same year. Someone wrote they heard it was the IAC...
  12. I

Rear end help

Well she has upwards of 145000 so the thought of the LS beings worn out is possible. I had my buddy pull me out of the hole an hour ago. He used his big ass 2000 ram to yank me out of the hole. I drove out no problem. After we were out I had my friend watch my tires while I spun them up and both...
  13. I

Rear end help

Yes I do. I checked the door code a long time go to determine it has limited slip. Sean
  14. I

Rear end help

Hi all. I got my 95 EB stuck off the beaten path in snow. While trying to get out, sticking floor mats under the tires, I noticed my right rear tire has ceased to get power. I hear a clicking noise, kinda sounds like noisy lifters, but its coming from that rear wheel. So what kind of trouble did...
  15. I

Have you been pulled over for loud music?

caldi55, you are no fun. Personally, i usually have my two fosgate 15" and kenwwod 600W amp cranked up. My friends know when i am coming, parents know when i am home. Listen to your music loud and proud. sean
  16. I

New England Chapter

I'm down for a Mass club. Email me. Sounds like it would be fun. sean
  17. I

Please help. no fan clutch

i wouldnt recomend bolting the fan clutch together so the fan is a constant drive. It will cause excessive wear to the water pump. I had a stuck fan clutch on a 96 ranger and was told if it wasnt fixed soon the waterpump will be damaged. sean
  18. I

She doesn't even know..............

i have seen that at www.ebaumsworld.com it is a traffic camera that goes off when you run a red light. i dont know if the guy lived or not. sean
  19. I

A/C Question (I see the leak!)

hehe. I just had to work on my AC on that same line you are talking about. If you look at that line just beneath the receiver dryer, you will see a metal clamp around that pipe holding it steady. That metal clamp corroded my AC line and caused a leak. What I did was cut off the metal pipe just...
  20. I

help Dead battery low voltage 2001 explorer sport

well, sounds like they were wrong and its the alternator that bad. thats the only other thing it can be. sean
  21. I

Front wheel locking in 4WD

uh, you're supposed to turn on dry pavement in 4wd, otherwise you will bind up the front end (IE lock up front wheels) Unless someone else knows something i dont..please correct me if i am wrong. sean
  22. I

1995 Ford Explorer Charging ?

i was working on the intake to my 95 EB a week ago, just cleaning the MAF sensor. When i drove it after wards it did the same exact thing as you described, light came on intermittenly. Since you said you just had your belt changed, i would go make sure all your wires on the alternator are good...
  23. I

Will someone PLEASE answer this question.....

well since no one else has answered, i'll give you a little advice. I have never removed the motor so i dont know whats behind there, but if you see gears and stuff in that hole, i would say its a bad idea. dirt + smooth greased surfaces = BAD! sean
  24. I

door speaker advice needed guys

for what its worth. i spent 79.99 at best buy for my pioneer 3 way speakers. IMO they are the best sounding speaker for that kind of money. I have only done my fronts so far and will do my rears in about 2 weeks. i am going to buy the same for the rears. i also have 2 rockford 15" subs boomin in...
Back